Big Red Thread (Cardinals) - Page 38 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 12.01.2009, 07:03 AM
Hall of Fame

Good luck to the Cards for next weekend ! Hope they get to the final for you long suffering fans (dont meant that in a rude way believe it or not !).

Surely theres been a fair few fans suddenly turn up all of a sudden !?

Really hope Kurt Warner does it, brilliant first half the other day to put Carolina away. Heres hoping the Cards get to the final
Sponsored Links
Old 12.01.2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Massive MASSIVE gratz on the win!!!!!!
You made a sad Hawks fan very happy this weekend.

Keep the West end up guys! Will be supporting you all the way! oh and it would be sweet if you could beat the Steelers in the SB for me please!!!

Now all you Cards fans........sell your car, sell your house, sell your body......heck sell your missus!!!! You have to get over to Arizona for the championship game! I was at QWest when Seattle beat Carolina in the championship game in 05 season, and that has to be one of the best weekends of my life!!!!

BELIEVE!
Old 12.01.2009, 11:01 AM
Pro Bowler

I am from Arizona and believe me, if I had the money for the flights I would be over there in a heartbeat and go and stay with my uncle. Sadly, because I went over in November for the MNF game against the Niners, I don't, so I'll be at home screaming at the television!
Old 12.01.2009, 11:39 AM
MVP

I have a record going onto a dealers auction on Wednesday. It finishes the Weds after the SB though. BUT, if its up around the £800 mark in time, I might have to see if I can get over to Tampa.

I actually sent the record 3 weeks ago, but he had a backlog. Gutted.

BUT its kind of irrelevant at the minute, because the Cards have to beat the red hot Eagles, and that will take a monumental effort.

Last edited by Northern Soul; 12.01.2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12.01.2009, 11:51 AM
Pro Bowler

My Dad is a Steelers fan; if the Cardinals and the Steelers make it to the SB it could get interesting because we have family who live in Tampa!
Old 12.01.2009, 11:55 AM
All Pro

phoenix and the surounding area will be buzzing this weekend, i was over there when the diamondbacks made the world series and the city had such a good feeling and a buzz around it.
Old 12.01.2009, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I mentioned it before and really want to go this weekend....prob I am working my notce period after being laid off so its not a great time right now. you can get form Hethrow to Phoenix for £333.60 flying through Min St Paul - leaving Friday morning and flying back on Tuesday. you could prob get a a super 8 for $50 per night when there is you are not bother where you stay. Ticket might be a problem but i'm sure someone over there will get me one and i have contact in the ticket office who has sorted me them out before.

giving this real consideration right now...
Old 13.01.2009, 12:05 PM
Rookie

As a new convert both to the NFL and the Cards (I had no allegiance before I saw them two weeks ago) and asking the opinion of the experts on this forum, what are their chances on the weekend? Realistically.

BTW, if it's tickets you're after (I know there are a lot of other things to get sorted first!) then we had some success with Craigslist a couple of weeks ago for the game against the Seahawks.
Old 13.01.2009, 01:11 PM
All Pro

Best of luck to the Cardinals this weekend - I'll be rooting for them then and in the big game should they make it. What are my reasons for supporting them?

1.There's no way I can justify supporting an NFC East rival again (it hurt enough giving my support to the Giants in the last superbowl), so thanks to the realignment the Cardinals are fine by me (thanks for so many years of helping to boost the Redskins W-L record).

2. They were one half of the best birthday present ever when I went to DC to see them play the Redskins this year (and the fact that the Redskins won means I can't hold any resentment against the Cardinals!).

3. It'd be great to see them make their own place in superbowl history, and hopefully be the beginning of the end of the "years of futility and nearlies" stories.

4. Russ Grimm, of course.

Should they make it, either the Steelers or Ravens will make for very challenging foes and no doubt the Cardinals will be the underdogs, but hopefully that'll just spur them on to play even harder.

Last edited by my_friend_goo; 13.01.2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 13.01.2009, 03:21 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindigo View Post
As a new convert both to the NFL and the Cards (I had no allegiance before I saw them two weeks ago) and asking the opinion of the experts on this forum, what are their chances on the weekend? Realistically.

BTW, if it's tickets you're after (I know there are a lot of other things to get sorted first!) then we had some success with Craigslist a couple of weeks ago for the game against the Seahawks.
Welcome! You have chosen to support one of the most frustrating franchises in the NFL and I couldn't be happier for you!

Realistically I think we have a good chance in this game; don't believe all the anti-Cardinal spin surrounding the Thanksgiving blow-out this season. Our guys played 3 games in 11 days by the time that game ended... they were tired!

We have enough potential to win any game we play, we just need to play to that potential, as we have the last two weeks.

I would also advise heading over to http://www.arizonasportsfans.com as the fans there are fantastic.