NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Arizona Cardinals

Sponsored Links

Old 14.01.2009, 03:33 AM
Team Captain

Send a message via MSN to NFLtheBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
Welcome! You have chosen to support one of the most frustrating franchises in the NFL and I couldn't be happier for you!

Realistically I think we have a good chance in this game; don't believe all the anti-Cardinal spin surrounding the Thanksgiving blow-out this season. Our guys played 3 games in 11 days by the time that game ended... they were tired!

We have enough potential to win any game we play, we just need to play to that potential, as we have the last two weeks.

I would also advise heading over to http://www.arizonasportsfans.com as the fans there are fantastic.

Frustrating is a under statment, but I do think with a new stadium it WILL make a difference over the coming years. The loud enviroment makes it difficult for the opposing team to score.

Last edited by NFLtheBest; 14.01.2009 at 03:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.01.2009, 01:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
Welcome! You have chosen to support one of the most frustrating franchises in the NFL and I couldn't be happier for you!

Realistically I think we have a good chance in this game; don't believe all the anti-Cardinal spin surrounding the Thanksgiving blow-out this season. Our guys played 3 games in 11 days by the time that game ended... they were tired!

We have enough potential to win any game we play, we just need to play to that potential, as we have the last two weeks.

I would also advise heading over to http://www.arizonasportsfans.com as the fans there are fantastic.
Thanks for the words of welcome and for setting my mind at ease (somewhat). Looking forward to Sunday.
Old 15.01.2009, 02:55 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindigo View Post
Thanks for the words of welcome and for setting my mind at ease (somewhat). Looking forward to Sunday.
Well I really think we have turned a corner; I don't think we are the same team as we have been historically, though I am sure we will still have the good and bad, the same as every other team.

Can't wait until the game on Sunday either; a mixtures extreme nerves and excitement!
Old 19.01.2009, 03:41 AM
Team Captain

Congrats on reaching the superbowl (it took me a while to find this thread )

I shall be rooting for your boys
Old 19.01.2009, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Very pleased for the Cardinals. Well done. Will this officially be the end of Carlson calling them the Crads?

Coming into this year's playoffs they were just 2-5 in NFL postseason history. They have now won more games this postseason (3) than their previous 88 years of the NFL combined. Great stuff.
Old 19.01.2009, 09:13 AM
Pro Bowler

I am practically numb with happiness.

Being a Cardinals fan is something different; for years we know that the ownership were waiting for a stadium before they invested in the team's success, it's been very hard.

I always believed that when the stadium was built things would change; its taken a few years but fans who truely follow the team have seen the changes from the moment the work started on the stadium.

Its been a tough road filled with false hope and gut wrenching disappointment; sneers from opposing team's fans, and total disrespect from the media.

After all these years, here we are; people didn't expect it. I always said that fans who stuck by the team would get their reward. I only wish I was back home in Phoenix to celebrate.
Old 19.01.2009, 09:14 AM
Hall of Fame

Congrats to all long term Card fans !!!

Its funny as i've been on this forum a few years, have only been a handful of Card fans over the years but now quite a few more

Enjoy all the hoopla leading up to the final, could be one of the greatest stories ever if the Cards win it all !

Enjoy !
Old 19.01.2009, 09:18 AM
Team Captain

Well done the cardinal, will be cheering them on in a couple of weeks time, a victory for positive and imaginitive football
Old 19.01.2009, 09:28 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Congrats to all long term Card fans !!!

Its funny as i've been on this forum a few years, have only been a handful of Card fans over the years but now quite a few more

Enjoy all the hoopla leading up to the final, could be one of the greatest stories ever if the Cards win it all !

Enjoy !
As long as the new fans stick with us I don't mind; I'll be honest its a sore point for a lot of Cardinals fans; where were all these 'fans' when we needed them? It makes us very very protective of our team.

But for UK fans there aren't the same politics so I say: Welcome on board the bandwagon, its one hell of a ride.
Old 19.01.2009, 04:20 PM
Rookie

Default New fan

As I've already mentioned on this thread, I'm a new fan having been to my first NFL game (Seattle at Phoenix) on the 28th December. Who else am I going to support?

I like to think I would have supported the Cardinals had I seen the last game of the regular seaon last year anyway and don't worry guys, I'll be sticking with ya. I can't wait for the 1st Feb!

What a time to jump on a bandwagon though.