A Great Seasons Coverage - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL TV coverage

Sponsored Links

Old 07.01.2014, 09:16 AM
Starter

Default A Great Seasons Coverage

I would just like to mention how much I have enjoyed the television coverage this year. Channel 4 for the International Series and upcoming Super Bowl, the Sunday Night Live and the weekend morning weekly roundup plus [British] Eurosport for Monday Night Football. Finally ESPN provides both NFL and College football. I might mention I do not have Sky before some well meaning member mentions their coverage as well.

My thanks to all at NFLUK the NFL and the various televisions providers. I have enjoyed it all.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.01.2014, 12:53 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellop View Post
I would just like to mention how much I have enjoyed the television coverage this year. Channel 4 for the International Series and upcoming Super Bowl, the Sunday Night Live and the weekend morning weekly roundup plus [British] Eurosport for Monday Night Football. Finally ESPN provides both NFL and College football. I might mention I do not have Sky before some well meaning member mentions their coverage as well.

My thanks to all at NFLUK the NFL and the various televisions providers. I have enjoyed it all.
Good to have 5 games a week in HD but the lack on quality, American made NFL news programming is disappointing. NFL Round Up is decent but losing Total Access was a shame. Don't know what NFL coverage you are talking about on ESPN - they stopped showing any a couple of years ago now

Dream scenario would be BT winning NFL coverage in 18 months time and bringing back PTI & Sportscenter on the ESPN channel.
Old 07.01.2014, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to HOMEFIELD Send a message via MSN to HOMEFIELD

As been said many times, we get very good coverage in the UK. Yes there is the extra cost of Sky and Gamepass if you want it but at least we have the opportunity to fuel our love of the game.

Having Gamepass meens most of my viewing is through that, i dont have Sky. Ive enjoyed the bits n bobs ive watched on channel 4 this year, the American football show on Saturdays are a big step in the right direction, my son really enjoys this format.

So it is a big thank you to all for making this happen and hopefully the coverage will go from strength to strength and attract more viewers but more importantly new fans.
Old 07.01.2014, 01:44 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpeden2000 View Post
Good to have 5 games a week in HD but the lack on quality, American made NFL news programming is disappointing. NFL Round Up is decent but losing Total Access was a shame. Don't know what NFL coverage you are talking about on ESPN - they stopped showing any a couple of years ago now

Dream scenario would be BT winning NFL coverage in 18 months time and bringing back PTI & Sportscenter on the ESPN channel.
lol, because Sky hate the NFL and BT sport automatically would want to show wall to wall US sport... (and yes there is some sarcasm in there...)

But seriously when BT goes to the wall in a few years like all good sports channels, do you think that sky would bring back the NFL at the level we have it now? I suspect not...
Sky due to the sports set up the UK is the big bad necessary evil (I don't like it either but that is the way big brown envelopes of cash have sent us)
Old 07.01.2014, 01:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMEFIELD View Post
As been said many times, we get very good coverage in the UK. Yes there is the extra cost of Sky and Gamepass if you want it but at least we have the opportunity to fuel our love of the game.

Having Gamepass meens most of my viewing is through that, i dont have Sky. Ive enjoyed the bits n bobs ive watched on channel 4 this year, the American football show on Saturdays are a big step in the right direction, my son really enjoys this format.

So it is a big thank you to all for making this happen and hopefully the coverage will go from strength to strength and attract more viewers but more importantly new fans.
This.
For a sport that gets the viewing figures the NFL does we do more than very well. In fact the amount of stuff we get is more to do with potential than the actual current viewing figures
Old 07.01.2014, 01:48 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpeden2000 View Post
.................................................. .................................................. ....................Don't know what NFL coverage you are talking about on ESPN - they stopped showing any a couple of years ago now
As I mentioned ESPN shows College Football which I enjoy watching, in fact Florida State and Auburn are playing as I type. As for NFL ESPN does show 'Classic Games' from a few years ago on what seems to me to be an irregular basis. Whether it is perhaps to fill in for something else that has been cancelled or re-scheduled I am never sure; these games just seems to appear without much prior notice.

After NFL ends then it is only a short break till April and ESPN starts with Baseball.
Old 07.01.2014, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
This.
For a sport that gets the viewing figures the NFL does we do more than very well. In fact the amount of stuff we get is more to do with potential than the actual current viewing figures
I totally agree My fellow Yorkshire man
Old 07.01.2014, 02:36 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
lol, because Sky hate the NFL and BT sport automatically would want to show wall to wall US sport... (and yes there is some sarcasm in there...)

But seriously when BT goes to the wall in a few years like all good sports channels, do you think that sky would bring back the NFL at the level we have it now? I suspect not...
Sky due to the sports set up the UK is the big bad necessary evil (I don't like it either but that is the way big brown envelopes of cash have sent us)
Haha, agree about Sky being a necessary evil - they are very good at keeping the sports that people will pay for (Premiership, Ashes, Ryder Cup, F1 etc) and letting the other channels get things that are less popular.

I can never see Sky losing the Sunday evening games but BT might pinch MNF (and perhaps TNF) when the rights come up again. I had written off their interest in US Sport when Eurosport got MNF this season but their NBA deal suggests they might bid for more in the future.
Old 07.01.2014, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Im not sure BT will fall like others before them, i can see them here for the long hall. Anyway nothing like healthy competition is there, sky have had it there own way for a long time.

As far as there loyalty to the NFL i applaud them, you can say what ya want about there coverage and presenters but for many its been a godsend, like me with channel 4 in the 80s sky's coverage has helped a lot of people get in to the NFL in the UK.
Old 07.01.2014, 04:39 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOMEFIELD View Post
Im not sure BT will fall like others before them, i can see them here for the long hall. Anyway nothing like healthy competition is there, sky have had it there own way for a long time.

As far as there loyalty to the NFL i applaud them, you can say what ya want about there coverage and presenters but for many its been a godsend, like me with channel 4 in the 80s sky's coverage has helped a lot of people get in to the NFL in the UK.
Maybe, though history is against them. People with as much funding and clout tried and failed in a very similar way.
I have mixed feelings, I certainly won't get sign off for even more sports channels! lol