NFL on Regent Street 2014 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 13.04.2014, 11:32 PM
Pro

Smile NFL on Regent Street 2014

Hey guys,

Just to let you know this week I'm off to a presentation from Regent Street in regards to the NFL on Regent Street. So if you guys wanna know what they plan to do how it could be better or different let me know. Who knows we could be the ones to influence it!
Sponsored Links
Old 14.04.2014, 07:17 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopton2470 View Post
Hey guys,

Just to let you know this week I'm off to a presentation from Regent Street in regards to the NFL on Regent Street. So if you guys wanna know what they plan to do how it could be better or different let me know. Who knows we could be the ones to influence it!
Judging by the comments from last year "how it could be better or different" = move it to Trafalagar Square.
Old 14.04.2014, 10:41 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
Judging by the comments from last year "how it could be better or different" = move it to Trafalagar Square.
I disagree with the negative noras on here on this one.

I thought the street worked really well the only issue was the stage and how they handled that but the displays and the street worked better/different to trafalgar square, many many times over.

Merchandise stall location/queue was an issue but always is.

Its all much of the same so if you attend NFL uk events every year its all the stuff from last year with a few extra bits but Im not sure what else they could do.
Old 14.04.2014, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to HOMEFIELD Send a message via MSN to HOMEFIELD

I agree about where the stage was,the area was to small and not enough people could get in to the area due to safety issues.

It was a change and opened NFL up even more to fans,locals and tourists a like.

Its still Trafalgar square for me tho,a bigger stage and a bigger area for people to watch and mingle....
Old 14.04.2014, 04:04 PM
Team Captain

Maybe keep the street as it was but move the stage to Trafalgar square? The stage in Regent Street was terrible. Too small, too low, in the wrong place. I only had about 5 or 6 people in front of me and I could barely see anything. There were plenty behind me who saw nothing too. The crowd blocked the street across so people couldnt get through. The big screen next to the stage didnt seem to work either. I really liked the different things they had going but the stage was a big no no
Old 14.04.2014, 06:22 PM
Pro

I thought the Regent St setup was really good last year. I'd much rather do the same again, maybe with a few minor tweaks, the the same old same old at Trafalgar Square
Old 14.04.2014, 09:18 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymie View Post
Maybe keep the street as it was but move the stage to Trafalgar square? The stage in Regent Street was terrible. Too small, too low, in the wrong place. I only had about 5 or 6 people in front of me and I could barely see anything. There were plenty behind me who saw nothing too. The crowd blocked the street across so people couldnt get through. The big screen next to the stage didnt seem to work either. I really liked the different things they had going but the stage was a big no no
This, defo. I was infront of the stage but across the other side of the road, and the view was just as pointless. Regent St was better in spreading out of attractions and stalls, but terribly poor for the main stage and hence the main attraction.
Old 16.04.2014, 09:00 PM
Pro

The Trafalgar Square event is great because it replicates something like Champions Square in New Orleans, and the stage and guests being the big draw. Regent St messed that right up, we couldn't see and it ruined the experience for our friend who was a first timer and wondered what all the fuss we had been making was all about.
Old 17.04.2014, 10:23 AM
Starter

Agreed on the stage it was in the wrong area. Stick it at one end of the street, make it bigger & improve the pa system. We got stuck at the back & couldn't hear anything. My mate came down from Cambridge just to see that & was more than a little disappointed. What we also couldn't understand was why have a big screen stage side & then just show the team logos when they were being interviewed??
As many have said trafalgar square was much much better! It doesn't mean that they can't get regent street right this year!