Why Broncos? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Denver Broncos

Sponsored Links

Old 16.10.2013, 10:21 AM
Rookie

Default Why Broncos?

Hi everyone!

My name is Oli or (Monty is my nickname), and I am a Broncos fan from Sheffield. I have been registered on here for ages and never posted, as evidenced by the fact that my favourite player in my profile was still Brandon Marshall!

I have been a Bronco since midway through the 2008 season, when we still had Cutler. Not quite sure why I got into them exactly, but I am sure it was because I loved playing as them on Madden. I haven't missed a game in 3 seasons, thanks to Gamepass, and used online streams before that.

I haven't yet been to Denver, but I am going to save up and go next season.

So, to get to know of some of you better, when and why did you choose Denver?

Looking forward to chatting with you all more throughout what is going to be, hopefully, a great season!

Sponsored Links
Old 16.10.2013, 10:44 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by montymcfc View Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Oli or (Monty is my nickname), and I am a Broncos fan from Sheffield. I have been registered on here for ages and never posted, as evidenced by the fact that my favourite player in my profile was still Brandon Marshall!

I have been a Bronco since midway through the 2008 season, when we still had Cutler. Not quite sure why I got into them exactly, but I am sure it was because I loved playing as them on Madden. I haven't missed a game in 3 seasons, thanks to Gamepass, and used online streams before that.

I haven't yet been to Denver, but I am going to save up and go next season.

So, to get to know of some of you better, when and why did you choose Denver?

Looking forward to chatting with you all more throughout what is going to be, hopefully, a great season!

HEY Monty,

Funny bit like you, I've been on here a while and have only just began posting.

As for Denver, I started watching NFL in the mid to late 80's for nearly everyone in that era, you either glory hunted or were drawn to someone you liked to watch. For me, it was John Elway and I've been hitched ever since. .... yes.... even during the Tebow era(!?).
Old 18.10.2013, 08:38 PM
All Pro

January 1992, John Elway
Old 18.10.2013, 11:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kase View Post
January 1992, John Elway
Was that the game V the oilers by any chance? I watched that game too, and a great come from behind victory with Elway doing what he did best with a couple of 4th down conversions late in the game on road to game winning FG!

In 1986 we started the season 6-0 and was drawn to the whole Elway thing. Been a loyal and passionate Broncos fan every since. So many ups and downs in that time, the agony of the 3 Super Bowl losses! The glory days of the Davis era and back to back world championships!

Was at Wembley in 2010 to see them V the 49ers, and plan to go to Denver one day and catch a game at Milehigh.

Enjoying the manning era and hoping for another Lombardi trophy come Feb!
Old 19.10.2013, 09:18 AM
Starter

It was Jake Plummer against San Diego that started it all off for me, it was a new years eve game and I was staying up, just happened to stumble upon the NFL on sky sports and I've been obsessed ever since!

Favorite memory so far has to be the Wembley game against the 49'Ers, even though we lost it was just crazy for me to see the NFL in the UK AND my team playing! I really want to go out to Denver to watch the Broncos but money and time seem to keep stopping me!
Old 19.10.2013, 02:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milehigh Broncos View Post
Was that the game V the oilers by any chance? I watched that game too, and a great come from behind victory with Elway doing what he did best with a couple of 4th down conversions late in the game on road to game winning FG!
that was it My friend had a Sega with Madden a couple months before. I was pretty good at it & always played with Denver. I remember seeing that playoff game advertised for a Saturday night on C4. Thought I'd watch to see if the real Denver were any good. The rest is history
Old 19.10.2013, 03:43 PM
All Pro

Quote:
that was it My friend had a Sega with Madden a couple months before. I was pretty good at it & always played with Denver. I remember seeing that playoff game advertised for a Saturday night on C4. Thought I'd watch to see if the real Denver were any good. The rest is history
Im sure you will find the game winning drive from that game on You Tube somewhere. You tube have loads of old footage from games in the 80's and 90's. However you need to have a good look through the search results as they can sometimes be a few hidden gems a few pages in.

in fact here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFYwferLVQ
Old 19.10.2013, 04:10 PM
All Pro

^^^thanks but I actually have the entire game on DVDr

good clip for some of the younger Bronco fans

Last edited by Kase; 19.10.2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 19.10.2013, 05:09 PM
All Pro

Quote:
^^^thanks but I actually have the entire game on DVDr

good clip for some of the younger Bronco fans
Wish I did, would be great to see a full game again.

When doing a you tube search I stumbled across the 2nd quarter of the Redskins Super Bowl 1988. Er.... Needless to say I didn't watch it LOL
Old 20.10.2013, 06:31 AM
All Pro

I've posted this before but mainly started due to this episode of the Simpsons back in 96... Assumed they were a bad team based on the limited information I had, and being a lover of always supporting the underdog, the rest was history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wCyysYzVjc

However, didn't really start following religiously (i.e every week) until around the 2003 season.