Jersey Problem, what player? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Oakland Raiders

Sponsored Links

Old 05.08.2014, 05:52 AM
Pro

Default Jersey Problem, what player?

Me again!

I do not yet own a jersey (although I have some expensive coach polo shirt I imported) but I want to get one, trouble is I am not sure what name to have?
With a veteran QB and a new QB who could flop, that one is a hard one, but is a QB too popular option?

I want a player people will know so not too obscure but not many people will have maybe? As I have said previously, on other threads, this is only my second season of following the sport, so still having trouble remember all the names of the team let alone picking a player for a jersey, but with Raiders coming to Wembley, it has kind of pushed the issue!
HELP!
Sponsored Links
Old 05.08.2014, 06:30 AM
Pro Bowler

Personally i'd steer clear of the QB.
QB's are the obvious choice for many, even when they're not close to the best player on the team.
Also with this being the first season in Silver & Black for Schaub and with Carr being a rookie, it might be presumptuous or something of a leap of faith to invest in a jersey with their name on.
(i'm wary on getting a jersey for a rookie that i haven't seen play yet - as good as they may have been in college, there's no way to know exactly how they're going to pan out, and as optimistic as we may be about them playing for the Raiders, the last thing you want is to fork out loads on the jersey of a player that's a bust. e.g. Rolando McClain)
The one that's been most available in the last couple of seasons is McFadden, but if you want to avoid the common one then that's maybe not so good.
Charles Woodson is one of the best choices imo.
There's not actually that many more jerseys you're going to easily find, (although there are ways to get them, and NFLUK do personalised ones now) but i think a Reece one would be pretty cool.
Could always go fo a throwback one for a name of yesteryear, although if i do this, i want it to be for a player i've seen.
In any case it's a personal choice, but good luck picking one.
Old 05.08.2014, 06:40 AM
Pro

I agree with going throwback or a legend like Woodson. I have owned way too many jerseys of players that were then busts, I had 3 Jamarcus Russell jerseys(black , white and imported training camp red) . I even began to think that I was cursed. I now only wear my Bo Jackson or Howie Long jersey.
Old 05.08.2014, 08:20 AM
All Pro

My order has gone in for Khalil Mack (home) - hoping to avoid the rookie curse, and Menelik Watson (away) - fellow Manc. Thought about getting a Woodson one, and Derek Carr was another option - might be one for future years. If I was going for a throwback I agree it would probably be one I've seen play, so either Bo or Howie.
Old 05.08.2014, 10:04 AM
All Pro

As above: if you want a current player you could do worse than Mack. Should be a pro bowl player for years at best, at worst a solid starter and that's quite something within our current squad!

If it's a legends thing then it depends on how far back you want to go but I think if you asked most Raiders fans to pick just one jersey then a lot would go Woodson. Personally I'd get a Tim Brown.
Old 10.08.2014, 08:21 PM
Rookie

hi guys.

Im trying to get a Woodson 'limited Jersey' but cant find anything on the net. Wis would be my second choice but i guess that would be a long shot.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11.08.2014, 10:55 PM
Pro

Talking

I agree with going throwback/retired player. That way you avoid a bust (Russell, McClain, etc) or a good/great Raider who moves on to a Divisional rival!
Bo Jackson is my choice, greatest athlete I've ever seen!
If you go to The NFL shop and choose the US, not Europe, store you can buy custom jerseys and choose your player/number.
You pay shipping but you get more choice. Pick your moment and they have discount and shipping deals.
See you at Wembley, I'll be the one wearing #34 !!
Old 12.08.2014, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACHWD View Post
I agree with going throwback/retired player. That way you avoid a bust (Russell, McClain, etc) or a good/great Raider who moves on to a Divisional rival!
Bo Jackson is my choice, greatest athlete I've ever seen!
If you go to The NFL shop and choose the US, not Europe, store you can buy custom jerseys and choose your player/number.
You pay shipping but you get more choice. Pick your moment and they have discount and shipping deals.
See you at Wembley, I'll be the one wearing #34 !!
I would be selecting #12 for Rich Gannon, too me one of the most influential players of the modern era for Oakland.

Mark
Old 12.08.2014, 10:55 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
My order has gone in for Khalil Mack (home) - hoping to avoid the rookie curse, and Menelik Watson (away) - fellow Manc. Thought about getting a Woodson one, and Derek Carr was another option - might be one for future years. If I was going for a throwback I agree it would probably be one I've seen play, so either Bo or Howie.
Jerseys arrived today.
Old 21.08.2014, 02:57 PM
Rookie

Sebastian Janikowski is probably my favorite jersey I have out of all the ones I own (Carr, Seymour, McFadden, Janikowski) Great kicker! Recognizable! Raider all his life! Every Raider knows him!