Where in London to watch the late games after Wembley - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06.09.2015, 03:33 PM
sammyc's Avatar
sammyc sammyc is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 15.11.2006
Posts: 52
Default Where in London to watch the late games after Wembley

Having done all the IS games we were always very happy going to watch the late KO games at The Sports Cafe in Haymarket, but with that now gone we are stuck for an after-game venue. We tried the casino on Leicester Square but thought it was lacking a lot in atmosphere, and would love an alternative. Can anyone help with suggestions please, anywhere that does food is a bonus too.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06.09.2015, 05:33 PM
BigTone's Avatar
BigTone BigTone is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.09.2003
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Having done all the IS games we were always very happy going to watch the late KO games at The Sports Cafe in Haymarket, but with that now gone we are stuck for an after-game venue. We tried the casino on Leicester Square but thought it was lacking a lot in atmosphere, and would love an alternative. Can anyone help with suggestions please, anywhere that does food is a bonus too.
The old Sports Cafe is still there and still showing NFL - it's an "upmarket" branch of Riley's now. Lots of people still use it after the Wembley games I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06.09.2015, 06:14 PM
sammyc's Avatar
sammyc sammyc is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 15.11.2006
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTone View Post
The old Sports Cafe is still there and still showing NFL - it's an "upmarket" branch of Riley's now. Lots of people still use it after the Wembley games I believe.
Thanks! I have googled it and it appears to be on Haymarket in the same old location.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07.09.2015, 12:21 AM
logistician's Avatar
logistician logistician is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: 20.10.2014
Posts: 15
Default

Is this the place?

http://www.rileyssportsbars.co.uk/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07.09.2015, 07:36 AM
RamsFanUK91's Avatar
RamsFanUK91 RamsFanUK91 is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 08.02.2012
Posts: 191
Default

I don't really know London/Wembley very well, is there anywhere near Wembley that will be showing the later games?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07.09.2015, 10:00 AM
milham milham is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 03.02.2007
Posts: 87
Default

Get down to Riley's, Haymarket, London on Thursday night for a special NFL Season Preview evening. Yes, it is the old Sports Cafe. And yes, they are showing NFL games this year. They want it to be THE place for NFL fans who want to watch the games this season.

Mike Carlson, Nat Coombs, Lindy's Sports rep and special guests (including, oddly, Sam Allardyce) will be among the panel.

There will be a chance to win Club Wembley Box seats for the Dolphins v Jets game, 50% of drinks between 5pm and 7pm, great free gifts, plus you can play EA Sports' Madden 16.
Tickets from eventbrite.co.uk or Seetickets.com cost £5. You can also get them on the door.

Oh, and the Steelers will beat the Patriots - watch it live!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POSTER web final VERSION FINAL (4).jpg (85.2 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07.09.2015, 10:06 AM
BigTone's Avatar
BigTone BigTone is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 11.09.2003
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFanUK91 View Post
I don't really know London/Wembley very well, is there anywhere near Wembley that will be showing the later games?
All the main pubs/bars around Wembley will show the later games.

You'll have to wait for the Premier league game to finish after the Jags/Bills game though (early NFL games stateside kick-off @ 5 o'clock that day).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07.09.2015, 10:37 AM
davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Last time we tried Jetlag and there was a big queue. We wandered about and stumbled on a nice little pub/hotel nearby that was showing the games. Fitzrovia Belle on Tottenham Court Road. Utterly random but perfect. Good food too. Probably a one off though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08.09.2015, 08:27 AM
azthespaz's Avatar
azthespaz azthespaz is offline
Starter
 
Join Date: 24.10.2005
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjones178@hotmail.co.uk View Post
Last time we tried Jetlag and there was a big queue. We wandered about and stumbled on a nice little pub/hotel nearby that was showing the games. Fitzrovia Belle on Tottenham Court Road. Utterly random but perfect. Good food too. Probably a one off though.
Interested. Might have to try that one out. We have normally stuck around Wembley for the later games but the pubs round there are too busy and not letting folk in normally.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08.09.2015, 12:03 PM
ADBEARSFAN's Avatar
ADBEARSFAN ADBEARSFAN is offline
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: 26.11.2014
Posts: 760
Default

Out of interest, if anyone is staying at the Travelodge Wembley, they will probably show all the late games in their downstairs lobby.

They did when I watched Da Bears Vs Tampa Bay.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 02:47 AM.