Fan rally this Saturday 31st October? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Sponsored Links

Old 26.10.2015, 07:56 PM
Rookie

Default Fan rally this Saturday 31st October?

I've found a few mentions of a possible rally this Saturday on a couple of threads, but nothing definite. Does anyone know if the NFL will be hosting an official event or not?

I know the Rugby might be taking some of the focus so if anyone knows anything they can share I'd be much obliged!
Sponsored Links
Old 26.10.2015, 08:44 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardinepretzel View Post
I've found a few mentions of a possible rally this Saturday on a couple of threads, but nothing definite. Does anyone know if the NFL will be hosting an official event or not?

I know the Rugby might be taking some of the focus so if anyone knows anything they can share I'd be much obliged!
fan forum seems to be the only thing going on its 12-3 as well so takes the prime spot from a rally
Old 26.10.2015, 08:48 PM
All Pro

the one they did at Wembley last year for the third game was such a disaster due to the poor attendance it looks like they've knocked it on the head and just doing a forum instead. RWC has taken over Trafalgar Sq this weekend so no option to do that again.
Old 26.10.2015, 08:58 PM
Banned

I think they way things are settling is that the first game will probably get fan rallies to start the IS off on a good footing , but the bulk of the extra stuff will sit with the jags game as the potential future franchise as they try to build a big enough following . All other games will be really scaled back to basics . I think it's intentional to really define who is londons team
Old 26.10.2015, 09:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
the one they did at Wembley last year for the third game was such a disaster due to the poor attendance it looks like they've knocked it on the head and just doing a forum instead. RWC has taken over Trafalgar Sq this weekend so no option to do that again.
That was the Jags / Cowboys thing wasn't it? Lordy that was poorly attended. Not sure what the teams made of it as there was hardly anyoen there. A couple of thousand maybe?

Regent St seemed quieter than last year, although maybe the rain drove people away earlier?
Old 28.10.2015, 11:54 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
That was the Jags / Cowboys thing wasn't it? Lordy that was poorly attended. Not sure what the teams made of it as there was hardly anyoen there. A couple of thousand maybe?

Regent St seemed quieter than last year, although maybe the rain drove people away earlier?
Dammit was looking forward to something similar again this weekend. Might cancel my hotel for Friday night and save some cash. Wish I'd found out the Barry sanders thing earlier. Had real trouble getting my fan pass thing to work and get my number to apply.
I'm still kicking myself for not getting Jeremy mincey to sign his jersey at Wembley last year. Was right next to him too!
Get the feeling this weekends game is almost forgotten. No big events to highlight it & on the red button on the BBC.
Old 28.10.2015, 07:13 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonno View Post
It was rather poorly attended. But on the bright side, I got to see my Cowboys up close and personal. Even high-fived Jason Witten
Old 29.10.2015, 11:40 AM
Team Captain

i think another reason why the Dallas event at wembley was a low turn out, was it was a first come first served basis and started off earlier, a pain for people traveling. We thought whats the point of getting up early & traveling &down to then find out you might not be in the magic number, we arrived later & saw the end of it on the big screen and stayed for the rest of the fun at Wembley.
Old 29.10.2015, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaztee72 View Post
Get the feeling this weekends game is almost forgotten. No big events to highlight it & on the red button on the BBC.
How so? Isn't the idea of more games over here to make it feel like part of the season? THere's not many games where stuff happens before or after tbh.