PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2347 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #23461  
Old 02.08.2013, 11:06 AM
Dolphin_Akie's Avatar
Dolphin_Akie Dolphin_Akie is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 03.12.2010
Posts: 14,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhis View Post
Will Davis was on fire yesterday - 3 interceptions and 3 pass breakups in practice. Got his hands on the ball 8 times all told. Looks like being a great prospect if he can keep it up.
Yeah he's improving with each day apparently and with Jamar Taylor hampered with injuries he looks like starting at least as the nickel corner.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #23462  
Old 02.08.2013, 02:28 PM
wayne ellis's Avatar
wayne ellis wayne ellis is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 31.10.2005
Posts: 22,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhis View Post
Will Davis was on fire yesterday - 3 interceptions and 3 pass breakups in practice. Got his hands on the ball 8 times all told. Looks like being a great prospect if he can keep it up.
The great training camp quandary, should you be happy that one of your DBs has three interceptions or worried that your QB(s) keep throwing to the wrong guys?
Reply With Quote
  #23463  
Old 02.08.2013, 02:32 PM
Oscar Hazell's Avatar
Oscar Hazell Oscar Hazell is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 23.11.2012
Posts: 85
Default

something to keep in mind with Martin is we will hear when he gets beaten but probably won't hear the countless times he will stand someone up.
I think he struggled most when not having incognito at LG.

Jordan is also a bad match up for Martin, with Martin weakness is against speed rushes.

I think the biggest concern is RG as if have to slide Incognito over there that seems to be detrimental to Martin.

Hopefully Jerry or Louis can get and stay healthy.
Reply With Quote
  #23464  
Old 02.08.2013, 02:38 PM
Dolphin_Akie's Avatar
Dolphin_Akie Dolphin_Akie is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 03.12.2010
Posts: 14,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The great training camp quandary, should you be happy that one of your DBs has three interceptions or worried that your QB(s) keep throwing to the wrong guys?
Well none of those were Tannehill so thats a start, although he found Richard Marshall with his and he's hardly a ball magnet (tipped pass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post
something to keep in mind with Martin is we will hear when he gets beaten but probably won't hear the countless times he will stand someone up.
I think he struggled most when not having incognito at LG.

Jordan is also a bad match up for Martin, with Martin weakness is against speed rushes.

I think the biggest concern is RG as if have to slide Incognito over there that seems to be detrimental to Martin.

Hopefully Jerry or Louis can get and stay healthy.
Yeah thats a really good point, you need someone experienced next to Martin to help him out. We definitely need that to be Richie rather than whoever wins the camp battle for the other Guard spot.
Reply With Quote
  #23465  
Old 02.08.2013, 07:42 PM
Cornishman32's Avatar
Cornishman32 Cornishman32 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 19.10.2005
Posts: 18,931
Default

It's still early days... but the O-Line is a big worry at the moment.

They seem to be trying all manner of players at RG. I really don't like the idea of moving Pouncey and Incognito around. Those guys have been playing great at C and LG... And have been the only guys we can truly count on the last couple of years on the O-Line. Don't mess with a good thing!!

And I also agree that keeping Incognito at LG has got to help Martin on the left side. Another reason not to move him.

Hopefully Jerry will be back soon, but to be honest, I'm not totally sold on him yet either. If they keep struggling to find an answer at RG, I wonder whether it might be worth revisiting the possibility of bringing in Brandon Moore as a stop gap? They brought him in for a look earlier in the offseason, but didn't sign him. But he has been a very, very good player for a number of years, and a model of consistency. Him and Clabo would probably remove all worries from the right side of the line, even if they are only short term solutions.

The only worry would then be at LT. Missing Jake Long already!

Last edited by Cornishman32; 02.08.2013 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23466  
Old 02.08.2013, 08:59 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The great training camp quandary, should you be happy that one of your DBs has three interceptions or worried that your QB(s) keep throwing to the wrong guys?
Not really. Tannehill wasnt the victim.
Reply With Quote
  #23467  
Old 02.08.2013, 09:03 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
It's still early days... but the O-Line is a big worry at the moment.

They seem to be trying all manner of players at RG. I really don't like the idea of moving Pouncey and Incognito around. Those guys have been playing great at C and LG... And have been the only guys we can truly count on the last couple of years on the O-Line. Don't mess with a good thing!!

And I also agree that keeping Incognito at LG has got to help Martin on the left side. Another reason not to move him.

Hopefully Jerry will be back soon, but to be honest, I'm not totally sold on him yet either. If they keep struggling to find an answer at RG, I wonder whether it might be worth revisiting the possibility of bringing in Brandon Moore as a stop gap? They brought him in for a look earlier in the offseason, but didn't sign him. But he has been a very, very good player for a number of years, and a model of consistency. Him and Clabo would probably remove all worries from the right side of the line, even if they are only short term solutions.

The only worry would then be at LT. Missing Jake Long already!
Look at Jerry being multi-tasked and given some reps at LT. It will happen. Jerry actually had some decents stats in 2011 on PFF rankings when he saw time at Tackle. Look out for Samuda. Dark horse at Guard.
Reply With Quote
  #23468  
Old 02.08.2013, 09:08 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post
something to keep in mind with Martin is we will hear when he gets beaten but probably won't hear the countless times he will stand someone up.
I think he struggled most when not having incognito at LG.

Jordan is also a bad match up for Martin, with Martin weakness is against speed rushes.

I think the biggest concern is RG as if have to slide Incognito over there that seems to be detrimental to Martin.

Hopefully Jerry or Louis can get and stay healthy.
Remember Cookie (Your nickname. Oscar- Cookie Monster, Sesame Street? if u was wondering) that Jordan is a Rookie and its the 1st week he's seen playing time. Its a CATCH-22 scenario. Chicken or the egg but Martin has a yr under his belt, Jordan has a week. Martin is sucking the preverbial egg right now.
Reply With Quote
  #23469  
Old 02.08.2013, 09:11 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
It's still early days... but the O-Line is a big worry at the moment.
Disagree Nat. Not the Whole O-Line. Just 20% of it. Centre and Guards are fine. same as Clabo at RT. All the hoo harr is at LT.
Reply With Quote
  #23470  
Old 03.08.2013, 12:20 AM
Oscar Hazell's Avatar
Oscar Hazell Oscar Hazell is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 23.11.2012
Posts: 85
Default

Martin did not give up a sack today, yet don't hear anything giving him praise. Jake Long must have bribed all the beat writers to make Miami miss him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 03:36 PM.