PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2347 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Sponsored Links

Old 02.08.2013, 11:06 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhis View Post
Will Davis was on fire yesterday - 3 interceptions and 3 pass breakups in practice. Got his hands on the ball 8 times all told. Looks like being a great prospect if he can keep it up.
Yeah he's improving with each day apparently and with Jamar Taylor hampered with injuries he looks like starting at least as the nickel corner.
Sponsored Links
Old 02.08.2013, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhis View Post
Will Davis was on fire yesterday - 3 interceptions and 3 pass breakups in practice. Got his hands on the ball 8 times all told. Looks like being a great prospect if he can keep it up.
The great training camp quandary, should you be happy that one of your DBs has three interceptions or worried that your QB(s) keep throwing to the wrong guys?
Old 02.08.2013, 02:32 PM
Pro

something to keep in mind with Martin is we will hear when he gets beaten but probably won't hear the countless times he will stand someone up.
I think he struggled most when not having incognito at LG.

Jordan is also a bad match up for Martin, with Martin weakness is against speed rushes.

I think the biggest concern is RG as if have to slide Incognito over there that seems to be detrimental to Martin.

Hopefully Jerry or Louis can get and stay healthy.
Old 02.08.2013, 02:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
The great training camp quandary, should you be happy that one of your DBs has three interceptions or worried that your QB(s) keep throwing to the wrong guys?
Well none of those were Tannehill so thats a start, although he found Richard Marshall with his and he's hardly a ball magnet (tipped pass).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post
something to keep in mind with Martin is we will hear when he gets beaten but probably won't hear the countless times he will stand someone up.

Jordan is also a bad match up for Martin, with Martin weakness is against speed rushes.

I think the biggest concern is RG as if have to slide Incognito over there that seems to be detrimental to Martin.

Yeah thats a really good point, you need someone experienced next to Martin to help him out. We definitely need that to be Richie rather than whoever wins the camp battle for the other Guard spot.
Old 02.08.2013, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

It's still early days... but the O-Line is a big worry at the moment.

They seem to be trying all manner of players at RG. I really don't like the idea of moving Pouncey and Incognito around. Those guys have been playing great at C and LG... And have been the only guys we can truly count on the last couple of years on the O-Line. Don't mess with a good thing!!

And I also agree that keeping Incognito at LG has got to help Martin on the left side. Another reason not to move him.

Hopefully Jerry will be back soon, but to be honest, I'm not totally sold on him yet either. If they keep struggling to find an answer at RG, I wonder whether it might be worth revisiting the possibility of bringing in Brandon Moore as a stop gap? They brought him in for a look earlier in the offseason, but didn't sign him. But he has been a very, very good player for a number of years, and a model of consistency. Him and Clabo would probably remove all worries from the right side of the line, even if they are only short term solutions.

The only worry would then be at LT. Missing Jake Long already!

Last edited by Cornishman32; 02.08.2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02.08.2013, 08:59 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Not really. Tannehill wasnt the victim.
Old 02.08.2013, 09:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post

They seem to be trying all manner of players at RG. I really don't like the idea of moving Pouncey and Incognito around. Those guys have been playing great at C and LG... And have been the only guys we can truly count on the last couple of years on the O-Line. Don't mess with a good thing!!

And I also agree that keeping Incognito at LG has got to help Martin on the left side. Another reason not to move him.

Hopefully Jerry will be back soon, but to be honest, I'm not totally sold on him yet either. If they keep struggling to find an answer at RG, I wonder whether it might be worth revisiting the possibility of bringing in Brandon Moore as a stop gap? They brought him in for a look earlier in the offseason, but didn't sign him. But he has been a very, very good player for a number of years, and a model of consistency. Him and Clabo would probably remove all worries from the right side of the line, even if they are only short term solutions.

The only worry would then be at LT. Missing Jake Long already!
Look at Jerry being multi-tasked and given some reps at LT. It will happen. Jerry actually had some decents stats in 2011 on PFF rankings when he saw time at Tackle. Look out for Samuda. Dark horse at Guard.
Old 02.08.2013, 09:08 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Hazell View Post

Remember Cookie (Your nickname. Oscar- Cookie Monster, Sesame Street? if u was wondering) that Jordan is a Rookie and its the 1st week he's seen playing time. Its a CATCH-22 scenario. Chicken or the egg but Martin has a yr under his belt, Jordan has a week. Martin is sucking the preverbial egg right now.
Old 02.08.2013, 09:11 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Disagree Nat. Not the Whole O-Line. Just 20% of it. Centre and Guards are fine. same as Clabo at RT. All the hoo harr is at LT.
Old 03.08.2013, 12:20 AM
Pro

Martin did not give up a sack today, yet don't hear anything giving him praise. Jake Long must have bribed all the beat writers to make Miami miss him.