Riley Cooper - Florida - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NCAA College Football

Sponsored Links

Old 08.07.2009, 12:35 PM
All Pro

Default Riley Cooper - Florida

Interesting article that Riley Cooper is considering ending his football career and playing baseball professionally. From what I've read, he's currently not a great baseball player - so more of a guy with "upside" in that sport - whereas he's more of a solid football prospect (probable mid round draft pick). You can't read the future, but it seems he should stick with football as he's better at it - in reality it depends how much money is on the table from baseball I guess.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...-decision.html
Sponsored Links
Old 08.07.2009, 01:07 PM
All Pro

more money in baseball even for an average player
Old 08.07.2009, 06:05 PM
Banned

Can play a lot longer as well, Julio Franco retired at 49 !!!
Old 08.07.2009, 08:09 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

I think he'll end up playing baseball, a gator fan i know said he didn't do much if anything at Spring practicee, got bumped down the depth chart and isn't slated to start. Chuck in a 5 star in Andre Debose, and his future at Florida doesn't seem too bright regardless.
Old 22.07.2009, 07:15 AM
Rookie

Florida could lose receiver Riley Cooper to this June's amateur baseball draft. Cooper, a third-year sophomore, plans to play outfield for UF's baseball team again this spring. Although Cooper batted just .207 last season, he's considered a MLB prospect because of his speed and arm strength.
voiture simulation de credit immobilier en ligne - Simulation credit immobilier en ligne. L’Internet a rendu encore plus facile d’obtenir de l’aide pour trouver le credit immobilier.
Old 27.07.2009, 09:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Same deal with Notre Dame's Jeff Samardzija.

He was absolutely great at ND. Don't know how he'd be in the NFL but I was heartbroken that he went with MLB over NFL.
Old 04.08.2009, 12:32 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattXG View Post
Same deal with Notre Dame's Jeff Samardzija.

He was absolutely great at ND. Don't know how he'd be in the NFL but I was heartbroken that he went with MLB over NFL.
I think he was considered to be the second best WR prospect in his class, after Calvin Johnson. He holds the Notre Dame single season records for yards and tds and all time yards records.

Obviously there's no way of knowing, but he definitely appeared had the talent to succeed in the NFL, and at 6'4 and 215 lb running a 4.5 forty yard dash, he also had great measureables.
Old 04.08.2009, 09:04 AM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to falcon_91

To be fair Jeff S had a 95+ mph fast ball and has already made MLB appearences and so wasn't selected just because of measurables he could really play in college from what i have been told.
Old 06.08.2009, 07:22 AM
Rookie

have changed my radiator to double layer aluminum ones and somehow the fan doesn't seem to sit in properly
proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation - demander un rachat de crédit, faites une simulation rachat de credit en ligne.proprietaire simulation rachat credit immobilier consommation
Old 07.08.2009, 02:49 AM
All Pro

Samardzija is a pretty good pitcher, so it's not as if it was a huge deal that he went to baseball instead. He's not had the best of years this year, but he has excellent stuff, and good command. Been pitching out of the bullpen for the last year or so, but has the potential to be a good starter or closer down the road.