Packers news chat etc. - Page 144 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 17.01.2007, 05:44 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Re:Packers news chat etc.

I have approx. 60 Packers books, 40 Media Guides (different years), a number of yearbooks and approx. 350 game videos / dvds. Lots of other miscellaneous stuff.

For those of you that don't know me, I used to run a Packers newsletter in the UK, entitled "Green and Gold". I wonder if there is enough interest in getting it restarted?

I can supply a list of books with the ISBN numbers if you want them. Most of them are still in print and available to order through your local bookshop if amazon doesn't have them.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.01.2007, 06:10 PM
Starter

[quote author=pgoj link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1260#msg588196 date=1169055854]
I have approx. 60 Packers books, 40 Media Guides (different years), a number of yearbooks and approx. 350 game videos / dvds. Lots of other miscellaneous stuff.

For those of you that don't know me, I used to run a Packers newsletter in the UK, entitled "Green and Gold". I wonder if there is enough interest in getting it restarted?

I can supply a list of books with the ISBN numbers if you want them. Most of them are still in print and available to order through your local bookshop if amazon doesn't have them.
[/quote]

Hi,

I'll be signing up if you start a newsletter again, been following the Pack for about 20 years now but I was very slow in finding info for them and the league over here.

On a seperate topic I did a post about this but no one seemed to be able to help maybe you can, I am looking for a DVD of the Packers @ Raiders 2003 season have you any idea where I could find one?

Have a good one
Old 17.01.2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

A newsletter would be cool although I question how practical it is now that we have a lot of information available on the internet at the touch of a button.

I'm always interested in well written Packers stuff although I would have thought a website would be more practical than a newsletter - plus easier to maintain, cheaper and could easily reach new members. Unless you mean like an email mailing list, which could work.

I've written a few Packers things before and I'd be happy to contribute to a UK Packers website/newsletter.

Unfortunately I don't know much about web design or setting sites up... but I would have thought it would be a good idea in principle, I've certainly thought about it before. I know other teams have websites specifically for UK fans.
Old 17.01.2007, 06:58 PM
Starter

the website idea sounds good, I don't really know anything about them but would be happy to try and contribute in any way I could.

I know what you mean about having the info at the touch of a button, but I think it would be nice to have something for the Packers fans over here.

Old 18.01.2007, 07:36 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

Anything would be great really,Website or Newsletter.

I like the idea of a newsletter,maybe once a month.I know the web is great but sometimes i get sick of just reading stuff on the computer (i know you can print things of put its a pain especially when you print off dopesheets),its nice just to sit down somewhere (like the toilet) and read something.

Old 18.01.2007, 08:19 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver

I have always thought a website devoted to the NFC North/Central would be great. No matter about the rivalries etc, there is a geographical and historical connection between the 4 teams, and each fan of each team is interested in news about the other teams, as it affects all teams really
Old 18.01.2007, 10:50 PM
Starter

Well this has my vote, for all that counts

Old 19.01.2007, 09:44 AM
Team Captain

[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1275#msg589170 date=1169151584]
I have always thought a website devoted to the NFC North/Central would be great. No matter about the rivalries etc, there is a geographical and historical connection between the 4 teams, and each fan of each team is interested in news about the other teams, as it affects all teams really
[/quote]

Great idea

Us NFC North fans have a great cameraderie between us and if someone can getv this up and running I will definately join in
Old 19.01.2007, 05:55 PM
MVP

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver

[quote author=flep link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1275#msg589356 date=1169199852]
[quote author=Swervedriver link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1275#msg589170 date=1169151584]
[/quote]

Great idea

Us NFC North fans have a great cameraderie between us and if someone can getv this up and running I will definately join in
[/quote]

I would but I have no idea about web stuff like that
Old 02.03.2007, 09:48 AM
Pro

Hey so what are all you fellow packer fans, hoping to get from the draft. I know every mock out there has the pack taking lynch which would suit me fine but personaly would'nt mind seeing them take Teddy Ginn JR this wold give the favre a great deep threat and also improve the packers dismal return game.
could be the next desmond howard for them !!!