Packers news chat etc. - Page 194 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 28.07.2008, 10:31 PM
Team Captain

Default Re:Packers news chat etc.

The motivation for TT not wanting Favre back has been driving me nuts in the past few weeks - TT knows that Brett gives them the best chance of being a team bound for the playoffs - he'd have to be a complete moron if he didn't

then tonight, whilst reading the following article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...p;sportCat=nfl

it becomes apparent or at least I must have missed the memo if anyone else has already posted this

Aaron Rodgers was TT's FIRST draft pick shortly after he joined the Packers - and I'm assuming that he's offered MM some something in return if he's willing to back him and deny Favre any chance of reinstatement as the Packers #1 QB

TT wants HIS legacy to take the field. not Favre

JMO
Sponsored Links
Old 28.07.2008, 10:34 PM
Team Captain

[quote author=thewiseoldman link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1770#msg918321 date=1216222940]
Let Favre take his talents and his demons elsewhere.

[/quote]

Oh my giddy Aunt -
Old 29.07.2008, 05:28 AM
All Pro

This Farve saga is really dragging, the more it drags the more it will effect us! So come on Pack come on Brett sort it out NOW!
Old 29.07.2008, 08:36 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

[quote author=UK Packers link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1770#msg922279 date=1217284302]
The motivation for TT not wanting Favre back has been driving me nuts in the past few weeks - TT knows that Brett gives them the best chance of being a team bound for the playoffs - he'd have to be a complete moron if he didn't

then tonight, whilst reading the following article http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...p;sportCat=nfl

it becomes apparent or at least I must have missed the memo if anyone else has already posted this

Aaron Rodgers was TT's FIRST draft pick shortly after he joined the Packers - and I'm assuming that he's offered MM some something in return if he's willing to back him and deny Favre any chance of reinstatement as the Packers #1 QB

TT wants HIS legacy to take the field. not Favre

JMO
[/quote]

In my opinion thats ********, you seem to have it in for TT for some reason.Thompson is trying his best to do whats right for the Green Bay Packers and not whats right for Brett Favre. Who's to say Rodgers won't lead us to the play-offs, with the team that Thompson has assembled around him its quite possible he could, my main worry is Ryan Grant ATM, without him we may not make the play-offs.

Old 29.07.2008, 09:04 PM
All Pro

How long will Grant holdout?
Old 29.07.2008, 09:07 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to wozzer

I'm not sure, his agent said he wasn't too happy with what the Packers last offered him, which i think was just before camp.

I really hope this gets sorted, i don't think Grant wants star money so i really don't see what the problem is.
Old 30.07.2008, 11:35 AM
Banned

[quote author=The Seven Blocks Of Granite link=board=1;threadid=2451;start=1770#msg922586 date=1217365641]
I'm not sure, his agent said he wasn't too happy with what the Packers last offered him, which i think was just before camp.

I really hope this gets sorted, i don't think Grant wants star money so i really don't see what the problem is.
[/quote]

I think Grant will cave sooner or later.

His agent can **** and moan about the offer the Packers have made, but in the end Grant has zero leverage.

He was complaining about being offered only $2m for this season. Well the alternative is the $370,000 tender. In that sense the Packers offer is fairly generous.

Basically they need future roster bonuses that hinge on on-field production, like the contracts given to Tommie Harris and Devin Hester by the Bears. Let him access decent starter money in a couple of years time ($5-6m per year or so) if he hits performance triggers between now and then. I suspect that’s the kind of offer that’s on the table, and the agent doesn’t like it because there isn’t enough money up front.

Grant is basically in his second year in the league. He’s been offered $2m for this year, the kind of money a late first round pick makes on his first contract. Is that really such a bad deal? Sooner or later he has to face the reality that his options are to accept the deal the team gives him or earn nothing. Given that he’s basically earned nothing in his career thus far, he’s going to take what the Packers give him.
Old 30.07.2008, 11:06 PM
All Pro

In the end really he still has a lot 2 prove, We know the talent is there but he has 2 do it again surely this year 2 earn a decent wage? :-\
Old 31.07.2008, 10:55 AM
All Pro

.....At the meeting with Favre and Cook, Murphy floated the idea of paying the quarterback as much as $20 million over 10 years to stay retired.....

I wish someone would offer me that to retire. ;D
Old 31.07.2008, 11:57 AM
Pro

i think grant is stupid to still be holding out, the packers are being very nice and giving him a pay rise for this season (which he hasn't accepted yet) what he doesn't realise is he hasn't even played a full season as of yet, and hes got two choices.. accept the offer and play... or moan that he wants more money, not play and get no money.

Tough luck pal, get on the field.