Packers news chat etc. - Page 243 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Green Bay Packers

Sponsored Links

Old 06.05.2014, 03:04 PM
All Pro

Massive fan of McCarthy, grass is almost never greener and ditching him would be unbelievably stupid. He's shown he adapts to the personnel available, and we've won the last three divisions. We do need to push on to some conference games, but the defence and defence personnel are the areas to improve, so it's not all on him.
Sponsored Links
Old 06.05.2014, 04:35 PM
Banned

Oh I'm not saying get rid of him, but it don't want him to be too comfortable, especially as we have slowly slipped away from the top of the NFL.

Time to return to glory
Old 20.05.2014, 08:23 PM
Banned

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-with-demovsky

My question was answered

Adam (England)

Are we talking extension with McCarthy, Nelson and Cobb??
Rob Demovsky (4:22 PM)

Adam: Apparently, Packers president Mark Murphy made some comments today at the NFL meeting in Atlanta that any extension for McCarthy would come after an extension for GM Ted Thompson, and right now it's unclear how much longer Thompson will work. As for Nelson and Cobb, there's nothing imminent.
Old 20.05.2014, 08:59 PM
Banned

Default Interesting

Liam (England)

Will the Packers ever play in London as a road team?
Rob Demovsky (4:58 PM)

Liam: I hope so. I'd love to come over and see your country. Next best chance is probably in 2016, when the Packers are scheduled to play on the road against the Jaguars, who have already agreed to a series of games in London. Maybe I should get my passport updated.
Old 20.05.2014, 09:33 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman12 View Post
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-with-demovsky

My question was answered

Adam (England)

Are we talking extension with McCarthy, Nelson and Cobb??
Rob Demovsky (4:22 PM)

Adam: Apparently, Packers president Mark Murphy made some comments today at the NFL meeting in Atlanta that any extension for McCarthy would come after an extension for GM Ted Thompson, and right now it's unclear how much longer Thompson will work. As for Nelson and Cobb, there's nothing imminent.
TT said the other day he's got no plans to call it a day.

Am really intrigued by the Cobb/Nelson suggestions though. Perhaps we're playing hardball and letting them get older (Nelson) or prove durability (Cobb) but the Pack don't strike me as game-players in that respect. Raji was offered a long-term deal as was Matthews.

It's rare I can remember letting a player go that was a massive mistake, so I have faith, but I can't imagine a 2015 team with both Cobb and Nelson not on it.
Old 20.05.2014, 09:56 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post

The sooner he reforms Talking Heads the better.
Old 20.05.2014, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjoylove View Post

Am really intrigued by the Cobb/Nelson suggestions though. Perhaps we're playing hardball and letting them get older (Nelson) or prove durability (Cobb) but the Pack don't strike me as game-players in that respect. Raji was offered a long-term deal as was Matthews.

It's rare I can remember letting a player go that was a massive mistake, so I have faith, but I can't imagine a 2015 team with both Cobb and Nelson not on it.
I think we drafted in such way we could cushion the blow.

I think Nelson will be back, he is too reliable and he can keep going a good few years yet.

I can see Cobb missing significant playing time, and then another team paying over the odds based on potential.

Difference in the D is if we lose any of the better players it would be hard to overcome, with AR on the O we can flourish regardless of a loss or two of personnel.

I trust TT and think we are poised for a championship in the next 3 years. Maybe even this season
Old 21.05.2014, 09:09 PM
Banned

Looking at the projected starting line ups, Vikings look strong, except QB, we have holes but we have AR so we will win many more games than them, shows how important AR is to us!
Old 26.05.2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

Talking

Hard Knocks, why we wouldn't be picked even if we offered per NFL.com article.

Packers: You think HBO will be on board with five broadcast hours devoted to the burning charisma of Mike McCarthy?
Old 27.05.2014, 07:32 PM
All Pro

I suspect as far as TV goes we'd be a terminally boring, well-run, professional team with practically zero 'happening'. Hard Knocks wants controversy, showmen, poor management, a coach full of soundbites, a litany of players with issues and car crash tv. I can't possibly see how in any way the intrusion is a positive for coach/GM/team/player as you ready up for the new season.

Hard Knocks not being interested in GB is a high accolade that we're doing things right. Long may that continue.