2011 season optimism - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Houston Texans

Sponsored Links

Old 11.08.2011, 08:33 AM
Rookie

Default 2011 season optimism

So how’s everyone feeling about this season?
I always believe that “this season” we’ll be in the playoffs. But this year I’m even more optimistic than usual.
Our offense is a playoff offense but our defence has always let us down but with Wade getting us ready along with the acquisitions of Jonathan Joseph & Danieal Manning in the secondary, our defence already looks improved. With reports suggesting that Jason Allen might take Kareem Jacksosns starting spot and JJ Watt our number 1 pick looking like a beast I firmly believe we can take the AFC South for the first time – what a way to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
Speaking of which, it’d be nice to see us wear Battle red as our primary jersey this season and maybe a white helmet with a red facemask, just to make our 10th year stand out. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Old 11.08.2011, 09:03 PM
All Pro

There is always this quiet optimism among Texans fans, and every year it is swiftly dashed away. The Jaguars, Titans and Colts are all improved from last season and you will have a tougher time in the division games. Also, teams will be aware of the threat of Arian Foster and so I expect him to get a significatly less total rushing yards statistic. Also, I don't think your 3-4 defense will translate well personally. I just don't think you have the right personnel to pull it off. I absolutely hate Mario Williams as a linebacker, I just don't see the sense in it at all. Also guys like Cushing and Demeco Ryans might struggle to translate their play over into a 3-4.

I do think there are some positives for the Texans. I think Jonathan Joseph is one of the most underrated corners in the league, and he will be a force to be reckoned with. I think that JJ Watt is an absolute beast. I watched a lot of tape on him when I was scouting for the NFLUK community mock draft, and he really impressed me with he non-stop motor and physical ability.

Your season success will hinge on several factors:

1. The ability to sustain a formidable rushing offense.

2. The transition to a 3-4 defense.

3. The improvement of your secondary.

4. Improvement in coaching.

At the moment I see the Texans as a 7-9 to 9-7 team.
Old 12.08.2011, 08:31 AM
Rookie

Hi THE_TITAN
Thanks for your input.
Hey, us Texans fans need optimism - at some point things have to turn around surely!
I do agree with your points though...

"1. The ability to sustain a formidable rushing offense.

2. The transition to a 3-4 defense.

3. The improvement of your secondary.

4. Improvement in coaching"

I do think that point 4 is quite important as well. Our coaching does need to improve. Last season we had major problems managing the clock for example. Little things like that add up over the season and can turn you froma 9-7 team into a 6-10 team.
It will be interesting to see if DeMeco can be the same player and leader he was before his injury last season but overall, I am confident we are a much improved team. As for Arian Foster, his numbers may slip but at least we have a balanced offence, just a couple of seasons ago we had no running game to speak of.
It will be an interesting season, our division is very close and I think we've all made improvements, no-one team will dominate the AFC South, it could go all the way.
Old 15.08.2011, 02:37 PM
Team Captain

Default Texans Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Sambucci View Post
So how’s everyone feeling about this season?
I always believe that “this season” we’ll be in the playoffs. But this year I’m even more optimistic than usual.
Our offense is a playoff offense but our defence has always let us down but with Wade getting us ready along with the acquisitions of Jonathan Joseph & Danieal Manning in the secondary, our defence already looks improved. With reports suggesting that Jason Allen might take Kareem Jacksosns starting spot and JJ Watt our number 1 pick looking like a beast I firmly believe we can take the AFC South for the first time – what a way to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
Speaking of which, it’d be nice to see us wear Battle red as our primary jersey this season and maybe a white helmet with a red facemask, just to make our 10th year stand out. What do you guys think?
I think we will get a wildcard to make the play offs. This is our Year but I also say this every year aswell.

I like the idea of the white helmet and red facemask.

we will see tonight how things go against the Jets in the preseason.

Go Texans