TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD - Page 39 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Sponsored Links

Old 23.09.2006, 11:06 PM
All Pro

Default Re:TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD

I want to keep him at least the year after this. If there is no sing of decent improvement by the end of next season, I say we get rid of him, and bring in a younger coach.
Sponsored Links
Old 24.09.2006, 12:08 PM
Rookie

I'm not decided on whether I'd like to see fisher stay or not, on the one hand this guy is a proven coach with a reasonably successful track record (last couple of years discounted) he took us to a superbowl which we came within inches of winning.
On the flipside he's having a fairly rough time of it at the moment, the real question is whether he is restructuring and building a successful team for the future or whether he has run out of ideas.
I think trading volek is fair enough, and as much as I might not like kerry collins seeing so much football as he has been so far this season, we have got a rookie QB. Personally I think vince young is showing some promise and could be an asset over the next few years but he is probably not ready to be starting sixteen games a season just yet. the offensive line seemed to do a reasonable job of pass blocking last week (the one positive in my opinion).
So yes there is a glimmer of hope in all the doom and gloom, it's whether this team can light up the nfl in future years the way their predeccesors did. For me the jury is still out.
Old 24.09.2006, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Oh and while I'm at it I've developed a way to make titans games more fun...
Ladies and gentlemen boys and girls, introducing the tennessee titans drinking game.
all you need for this one is a crate of beer and a way oof keeping track of the game as it happens.
The rules are as follows:
starting with the offence:
If the titans gain yardage drink a finger of beer,
If the titans get a first down drink two fingers of beer,
If the titans kick a succesful field goal drink a half pint,
If the titans score a TD drink a pint,

conversions:
One point is good: two fingers of beer
two points is good: half a pint.

defence:
opposition make no gain: 1 finger of beer
opposition lose yardage: 2 fingers of beer
sack: half a pint
opposition punt: half a pint
turnover: pint
turnover returned for a touchdown pint and a half

others:
titans win: finish the crate in celebration
titans lose: drown your sorrows... by finishing the crate.

This game has got me through some hard sunday nights the last couple of seasons.
Old 24.09.2006, 02:19 PM
All Pro

Hahaha, sounds good, problem is I'm still only 17, and I don't think my rents would be too happy if they found me plastered (ok, tipsy) on a Sunday night, with school the next morning.

Old 24.09.2006, 02:20 PM
Rookie

hmmm. could be a problem that one. well I got my crate ready for miami tonight, I can tell it's a good game when I'm wrecked by half time lol.
Old 24.09.2006, 03:23 PM
Pro Bowler

This is Fishers last year on contract with the Titans it will be interesting in to see whether Bud Adams does renew his contract.
If we finish the year with 4 or more wins i can see him renewing but if we go down the route of only a win or 2 and the players morale hits rock bottom (Player morale is supposedly really low at the moment following the Volek situatuion!) then i can see this as the final year of the fish-head!
Old 24.09.2006, 03:51 PM
Rookie

I saw the Titans thread and had to come into say......KERRY COLLINS 1.6 passer rating. The only team worse than the Raiders happen to be the team who play Collins. 1.6, could be Collins has lost his only ability....to make people think hes got talent with his 4th quarter stat padding!
Old 24.09.2006, 08:18 PM
Rookie

Well that's it 0-3 but I was impressed with our play.
Collins seemed to click with the offence at times and certainly seemed more comfortable, Henry had a great game on the ground but the little things cost us big, a fumble on miamis two yard line and an interception at the end killed our game dead.
There is still a glimmer of hope in there somewhere though. I would have liked to have seen what vince young could have done against the miami defence, at least for a drive or two but nevermind. I can't see us being anything other than 0-6 in three weeks time though sadly.
Old 28.09.2006, 11:21 AM
All Pro

Collins did OK, but the main comment from people at the ground was about the number of times he failed to spot an open receiver. Still at least we showed a bit more fight than at San Diego. We are still way short of being anything like a play-off team, and for that reason I can't see why we don't start with VY, and get that losing first season under his belt.
Old 28.09.2006, 02:04 PM
Rookie

[quote author=cotchery89 link=board=1;threadid=12648;start=375#msg502193 date=1159051944]
Do you think Jeff Fisher will still be head coach of the Tennessee Titans next year? If they carry on this season the way they have started, that'll be 3 years of utter futility now, with few visible signs of it abating.

He has been one of the best coaches in the league over the past 10 years or so, but maybe it will be time for a change? What do Titans fans think?
[/quote]
I've read alot of Titans fans opinions on Fish over the past few weeks or so and despite they're being a small amount who seemingly can't wait for him to go, I'm totally for Fish staying for years to come.

Looking at the last few years, we had a good successful run under Fish, he proved he was a good coach during that time and was a yard away from getting us a Superbowl. We had a couple of good seasons after that, one of which showed the character of Fish and showed with a leader in his team (McNair at the time) he could turn a season around for us after we went 1-4. Looking at the current squad, we've got Keith Bulluck, but on the leader front thats about all we have.

Then we were plagued with a salary cap nightmare, which we have only just got out of so technically this is our first year of rebuilding a team for the future. We've got Vince Young as the future, a player who I rate highly and in my opinion should have got the Heisman over Reggie Bush, but thats another argument for another day. We've got an ok O-Line at the moment, we need a little more at the reciever position and once VY is a matured player, I think only good things will come for us.

The Fish has been a really loyal coach and has brought us a few really good seasons, I say give him his chance to rebuild the squad and lead us. If it goes **** up in a few years, perhaps VY doesn't start making plays for example and they'res problems getting through to the players, then think about looking for a new coach. But not now.

Any level headed Titan fan knew this was a season that wasn't going to see too many "W"s next to our name so I don't see why after 3 weeks people are already moaning about getting rid of Fisher.