TENNESSEE TITANS THREAD - Page 79 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Tennessee Titans

Sponsored Links

Old 23.05.2012, 09:29 AM
Pro

Still worried about our secondary depth.

Thought we missed a trick with Bell and Drayton Florence. Both would have been ideal.
Sponsored Links
Old 15.08.2012, 10:05 AM
Pro

i think the playoffs are a good target if we have Jake Locker at the controls. he scrambles well and is throwing with good rythem
Old 15.08.2012, 03:17 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans_dg View Post
i think the playoffs are a good target if we have Jake Locker at the controls. he scrambles well and is throwing with good rythem
Another Titans fan in Essex?! I'm in Colchester.
Old 06.09.2012, 12:53 PM
Pro Bowler

Hey there. I feel like a broken record with some of my posts but Im just trying to get a feel for teams at the moment. So far I've never really had much of an opinion on the Titans, but I've taken a few days to look at them. Theres a few things i've started to like about them:
- They became the Titans because they wanted a name of strength, power and leadership.
- Nashville sounds like a pretty cool city even for someone not into country music. Im interested more in scenery and nice people
- They are very much under the radar yet have always had a decent record
- They play a hard hitting style of football

Can you shed anymore information on the franchise and why they are a good team to follow?
Cheers

Last edited by colonelp; 06.09.2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06.09.2012, 01:32 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Hey there. I feel like a broken record with some of my posts but Im just trying to get a feel for teams at the moment. So far I've never really had much of an opinion on the Titans, but I've taken a few days to look at them. Theres a few things i've started to like about them:
- They became the Titans because they wanted a name of strength, power and leadership.
- Nasville sounds like a pretty cool city even for someone not into country music. Im interested more in scenery and nice people
- They are very much under the radar yet have always had a decent record
- They play a hard hitting style of football

Can you shed anymore information on the franchise and why they are a good team to follow?
Cheers
Sure, the first thing I'll say is that it's a roller-coaster ride being a Titans fan!
-In terms of personnel and schemes (the way we play) we are pretty much like the Giants so if you have seen them play we will likely try to play the same way both on offense and defense (thought hopefully not lose!).
-There are a growing number of Titans fans on these boards, maybe because it's an up-and-coming franchise. Mike Munchak is a relitively new HC, Jake Locker is the new QB and guys like Colin McCarthy, Jurrell Casey, Kenny Britt etc. epitomise the success of youth in the franchise.
-If you're not sure then I would consider watching some games, Titans are playing on primetime several times this season so you'll have chances to watch them
Old 06.09.2012, 03:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Thanks for that. Do they model themselves on the Giants then or is that your own observations? I have a lot of respect for the Giants as an organisation.

So far my attention has been drwan to a few players. They seem to have a blend of solid and reliable with some flair players too. I also like the look of Locker and think mobile QB's are more exciting to watch. Without starting a Tebow debate I always enjoyed watching him as he was/is unpredicatable. Locker has a similar sort of agility.

I'm only able to watch highlights on the net at the moment. Can you give me a few games to check out which might spark my interest? Thanks
Old 06.09.2012, 03:21 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
Thanks for that. Do they model themselves on the Giants then or is that your own observations? I have a lot of respect for the Giants as an organisation.

So far my attention has been drwan to a few players. They seem to have a blend of solid and reliable with some flair players too. I also like the look of Locker and think mobile QB's are more exciting to watch. Without starting a Tebow debate I always enjoyed watching him as he was/is unpredicatable. Locker has a similar sort of agility.

I'm only able to watch highlights on the net at the moment. Can you give me a few games to check out which might spark my interest? Thanks
We don't model ourselves after the Giants, we just run the same Offensive and Defensive system. The two franchises have ran the Tampa2 4-3 defense for quite a while and Chris Palmer (our OC and the guy who coached up Eli Manning) has implemented the same type of run and shoot offensive scheme that they run.

We demolished the Carolina Panthers last season, that's always a good watch and we beat the highly fancied Baltimore Ravens. Also, even though it was a loss, the New Orleans game last season is a good watch because it was Locker's first time getting sustained game action and he was one play away from beating Brees and co.
Old 06.09.2012, 03:43 PM
Pro Bowler

Cheers, I will get on the case
Old 21.10.2012, 12:17 AM
Pro

Well THE_Titan, youve been far too quiet recently. I check everyday and I miss your insight
Old 21.10.2012, 12:21 AM
All Pro

Sorry I have just been busy with other stuff.

I think this team is on the up, Colin McCarthy though is KEY to our defense. Without him we play a lot worse on D. I think we have a reasonable chance of beating the Bills tomorrow, they have some O-Line injuries and Wimbley with Morgan have played as well together as a DE combination.

I do prefer Locker at QB, but Hasselbeck is just as serviceable. Kendall Wright is poised for a breakout game and our WR's are really dangerous with Washington and Britt on the field as well. CJ2K ran really hard between the tackles against the Steelers and he needs to continue that.

Our schedule gets a lot easier from here on out, we need to get a win streak together.