Going to a game. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 22.04.2011, 09:44 PM
Pro

If $200 is your limit, you'll still get decent seats, just further back of course. And hey, I ended up going to the game on my own last year because there were problems with my friend getting over to the states so I had to sell his ticket. It wasn't long before I was high fiving every one around me during the game! Lots of fun!
Sponsored Links
Old 23.04.2011, 02:42 PM
All Pro

Aye, I've seen a few in lower end-zone for $180/190 so that's always an option. I honestly think I'd prefer to go by myself. The people I'm on holiday with aren't into football and would be probably sitting there bored/asking too many questions for me to just enjoy the game and I don't really wanna pay all that money for them when they won't even enjoy it. I reckoned that it would be easy to just talk to the people around me and join in with them. Americans love you when they hear your accent lol (and just noticed we're from same place!) Plus if I go by myself I will be able to afford much better seats
Old 23.04.2011, 08:38 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Aye, I've seen a few in lower end-zone for $180/190 so that's always an option. I honestly think I'd prefer to go by myself. The people I'm on holiday with aren't into football and would be probably sitting there bored/asking too many questions for me to just enjoy the game and I don't really wanna pay all that money for them when they won't even enjoy it. I reckoned that it would be easy to just talk to the people around me and join in with them. Americans love you when they hear your accent lol (and just noticed we're from same place!) Plus if I go by myself I will be able to afford much better seats
If you are paying for the tickets I will come with you
Old 24.04.2011, 01:16 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwngs View Post
Definitely, if you do end up going on your own you'll have a great time! Haha, I didn't really notice either. Nice to know there's another Jets fan in Dundee! I've seen so many caps/jerseys in Dundee and only ever seen one person with a Jets Favre t-shirt on and that was back in 2008!
Old 24.04.2011, 09:22 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocheb73 View Post
If you are paying for the tickets I will come with you
You'd have to find your own way to New York though, I'm only paying for game tickets
Old 24.04.2011, 09:28 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Man90 View Post
Definitely, if you do end up going on your own you'll have a great time! Haha, I didn't really notice either. Nice to know there's another Jets fan in Dundee! I've seen so many caps/jerseys in Dundee and only ever seen one person with a Jets Favre t-shirt on and that was back in 2008!
They are adament they are coming with me cause they don't want me to have to go by myself. I don't have the heart to tell them I'd rather be by myself than have them there lol.
Well I'm actually a Vikings fan, the Jets are my 2nd team I guess you could say. I support them in every game except against the Vikings. I've never seen anybody wearing any Vikings caps or jerseys but have seen a few in Jets ones going around!
Old 25.04.2011, 08:58 PM
Starter

Regarding getting to the Meadowlands you can get the PATH train from Grand Central or Penn Station both in Manhattan to Syracuse Junction and then to the Meadowlands stop which is right by the stadium, all the info is on the Jets' website, man I'm so jealous I want to go to a game in NY!
Old 01.05.2011, 10:26 PM
Team Captain

Iv`e been to some places (Basrah Iraq aaaargh) and done some things but if theirs one single aspect of my life that will always send me "goosey" it will have to be watching the Jets game at old meadowlands in 09 when we lost in Double OT to the bills (5 int. sanchez yeah)
Even got a foto with "ed" as we were sat few rows behind him,
Unbeleivable experience and truly great to watch the game whilst drinking beers
I advise anyone to just go see and do, changed my life in all manner of respects as each day I wake up I focus on saving up to go again ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcuk2005 View Post
Regarding getting to the Meadowlands you can get the PATH train from Grand Central or Penn Station both in Manhattan to Syracuse Junction and then to the Meadowlands stop which is right by the stadium, all the info is on the Jets' website, man I'm so jealous I want to go to a game in NY!
Seem to recall Secaucus junction was the route from penn station jc?
then shuttles direct to east rutherford and the stadia?
Wotever its no drama and all part of the experience
NY`s an addiction you simply cannot shake cos it just seems to feel the centre of everything in the world?
Old 04.05.2011, 10:17 PM
Starter

Went to opening night this past season. Even though we lost it was an incredible experience, one that every serious Jets fan should try to do. Got my ticket through Stubhub for $115 in the Upper Endzone and sent via email. Was a good seat for the price. Got the subway to Penn Station and then NJ Transit to the Meadowlands via Secaucus. Getting back to NYC was a pain, the train queue was awful. Food/drink is expensive at the ground like any UK stadium. But worth the hassle and every penny. Thinking about going to PHI vs NYJ this season in the City of Brotherly Love with my Eagles supporting mate. Gotta save up some serious $$$ though!

This was the view from my seat:

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask!
Old 15.05.2011, 10:39 AM
All Pro

So went to buy my tickets lastnight off tickco. Was getting lower goal line tickets for $193 each so went for them. They were charging $144 processing fee! So decided against it. Is this normal? Do you get chraged these kind of prices on stubhub too? Also has anyone had their ticket sent to uk before? Cause not a lot of people on stubhub seem to offering electronic delivery?