Colts game - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 04.01.2011, 07:23 PM
Rookie

Default Colts game

We owe them one. Gonna be a tough game, but I don't think their the same force of last season. We gotta keep Manning quiet though. Any thoughts ?
Sponsored Links
Old 04.01.2011, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

I'd definitely agree the Colts aren't the force they were last year, thanks in no small part to the injuries to Clark, Collie and Addai. The problem is, I don't think we're the team we were last year either. Too many close games against poor teams which could have gone either way, a lack of any real running game since about Week 5 and a Defense that is not as dominant as it was.

Sanchez has played very well in his last two games (against two of the league's best Defenses), but if we can't get the running game going and our pass rush doesn't improve markedly on recent performances it's hard to see this one being much different to the Championship game....

Our best chance is to dominate possession (which we failed to do last season) and keep Manning on the sideline for as long as possible. LT and Shonn haven't got the job done in recent games. Don't know how much this is down to them and how much is down to the OL but their production hasn't been anywhere near good enough as of late.

If they start slowly on Sunday, Rex can't be afraid to give McKnight a shot.
He's coming off a big game against Buffalo (32nd ranked run Defense I know but.....) and offers something different to the other two backs. He'll also be fresh after being virtually unused until last week. I'd also like to see us involve Brad Smith more as he gives us an extra dimension.

Big, big ask for us to beat the Colts in their own back yard but if we can establish the run and get in Manning's face more than we did last time, we do have every chance.
Old 04.01.2011, 09:10 PM
All Pro

Cautiously optimistic. I agree with what Wayne said above, we need to get the running game going and get in Manning's face.

However I think we are a better team than this time last year. As I said in the main Jets thread we might not be as dominant in defence, but we're still up there. I also think our defence matches up to this colts offence a lot better than last year.

Sanchez showing he can produce the goods against two of the best defences in the post-season is massive. Manning is going to score points, Mark has to score more.
Old 06.01.2011, 02:03 PM
Rookie

Talking Confident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocheb73 View Post
Sanchez showing he can produce the goods against two of the best defences in the post-season is massive. Manning is going to score points, Mark has to score more.
And I believe he can. I'm not just cautiously optimistic about our chances in this game, i've got rex ryan levels of confidence!
Old 09.01.2011, 12:41 PM
Rookie

and we won
Old 09.01.2011, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Excellent game, classic running vs passing! The Patriots will be much more difficult though.
Old 10.01.2011, 12:39 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus Rex! View Post
And I believe he can. I'm not just cautiously optimistic about our chances in this game, i've got rex ryan levels of confidence!
Quote:
and we won
Your confidence was indeed very well placed
Old 10.01.2011, 08:03 PM
Pro

This game will be much closer than the last time we played. We have the advantage, but your team showed what they can play like, so who knows
Old 11.01.2011, 12:15 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathPatFan1978 View Post
This game will be much closer than the last time we played. We have the advantage, but your team showed what they can play like, so who knows
Fair play and a good comment.. nice to see a sensible pats fan.