2012 Unrestricted Free Agent Targets - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 15.01.2012, 06:11 PM
Hall of Fame

Default 2012 Unrestricted Free Agent Targets

I know Bruschi and I have discussed this a little bit, but who would people like to see in a Patriots jersey next year (without trades and ignoring the salary cap)? Here's who I've got...some big names, some not so big (each position ranked in order of how much I want them, re-signings not included):

RB
Kevin Smith
Ronnie Brown

WR
Brandon Lloyd
Marques Colston
Laurent Robinson
Stevie Johnson
Reggie Wayne

OL
Carl Nicks
Jared Gaither
Chris Myers

DL
Mario Williams (likely to be re-signed)
Aubrayo Franklin
Calais Campbell
Robert Mathis
Cliff Avril
John Abraham
Red Bryant
Shaun Rogers
Broderick Bunkley
Kroy Biermann

LB
Curtis Lofton
London Fletcher
Kirk Morrison

CB
Brandon Carr
Brent Grimes
Carlos Rogers
Marcus Trufant
Eric Wright

S
Dashon Goldson
Tyvon Branch
Thomas DeCoud
LaRon Landry
Michael Griffin
Jim Leonhard
Jarrad Page
Lito Sheppard
Sponsored Links
Old 15.01.2012, 06:27 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Csna

Id love to have Colston and Griffin
Old 15.01.2012, 06:33 PM
Hall of Fame

My top 10 overall targets (ignoring people I don't think will actually hit FA): Brandon Lloyd, Curtis Lofton (Probably gets re-signed tbh), Brandon Carr, Dashon Goldson, Brent Grimes, Carlos Rogers, Aubrayo Franklin, John Abraham, Chris Myers and Laurent Robinson
Old 16.01.2012, 02:24 AM
All Pro

Nice list, surely carlos rogers gets resigned after the season he's had. Same with mario williams, they gotta re-sign him. If not then would love to snap both up. Calais Campbell would be my number one choice out of them all, perfect fit for us but again he's probably gunna get resigned. Personally I'd love Laron Landry in the secondary, every team needs a nasty *******. My pick of the CB's (rogers aside) would be Grimes. WR's Lloyd AND Colsten are guys i'd like to see on our team. HB's you failed to mention peyton hillis, ryan grant and mashawn lynch... 3 guys that are worth a look surely. Ray Rice and Matt Forte also available but likely to be tagged. Nicks and myers on the oline again would be great additions.
Old 16.01.2012, 02:30 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Leeds View Post
HB's you failed to mention peyton hillis, ryan grant and mashawn lynch... 3 guys that are worth a look surely.

Ray Rice and Matt Forte also available but likely to be tagged. Nicks and myers on the oline again would be great additions.
Rice and Forte won't go anywhere. I don't think Lynch will either, but he's a bonehead. Talented, yes, but inconsistent and a moron. No thanks. Ryan Grant is a JAG. I want him nowhere near a Pats uniform unless it's tackling him. Peyton Hillis is an overachieving fullback who asked for to much money and now thanks to injury won't ever get what he asked for. He's average and we're the New England Patriots; we don't do overpriced average.
Old 16.01.2012, 03:33 AM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Csna

We have Ridley/Vereen as our future backs and Ridley has been producing bar the fumble
Old 16.01.2012, 02:42 PM
All Pro

RB
No interest in either of the ones listed, and agree that Hillis is useless and Grant's a JAG. Lynch is good but not "a Patriot"

WR
Brandon Lloyd and Marques Colston would be great
Laurent Robinson is also pretty good

OL
Jared Gaither is very talented but I don't know

DL
Mario Williams (likely to be re-signed) but it'd be nice!
Calais Campbell maybe if we go back to 3-4
Robert Mathis maybe

LB
Curtis Lofton or Kirk Morrison maybe

With our secondary I'd take a looksy at all of those guys listed, but LaRon Landry could be pretty special but is also a bit of a bonehead and similar style to Chung. Goldson is overrated.
Old 16.01.2012, 04:14 PM
All Pro

Ben Green-Ellis (re-sign) I would look to re-sign Green-Ellis, I don't think it's essential like Welker but Ridley has issues with ball security and i'd like Green-Ellis back as insurance. Not sure thats a good enough reason and it will depend on the level of interest he receives in FA.

Wes Welker (re-sign) Duh.

Reggie Wayne BB has given him a lot of praise and respect over the years and with good reason. Showed this season that he still has something to offer an offense and I believe he would fit ours well. Any contract would have to reflect his age.

Brandon Lloyd A younger version of Wayne who is also a good fit plus he seems to have a good relationship with McDaniels who will find ways to best utilise him in our offense.

Dan Connolly (re-sign) Connolly is a versatile and underrated player who IMO is a viable starter at both OC and OG.

Adam Carriker Prototypical DE in a 34 defense. 6'6, 310lbs guy who plays with strength and leverage and is solid vs. the run. 5.5 sacks this season shows that he can also get to the QB on occasion as well.

Mario Williams No way does this guy make it to FA but I had to include him anyway. At 6'7, 285lbs he's versatile enough to be a 3 down player in any defense, can play DE in 4 man fronts, 34 OLB and with his size he could even play DE in 3 man fronts on occasion, plays the run well and can obviously rush the passer.

Terrell Thomas Tore his ACL in pre-season and has been out all year which might allow a team to pick him up on a cheaper contract. Bigger CB at 6'0, 200lbs who is physical and plays the run well.

Dashon Goldson We showed interest during the 2011 off season and I wouldn't mind taking another look. It's slim pickings at safety in both FA and in the draft.

Matt Slater (re-sign) ST ace.
Old 16.01.2012, 05:26 PM
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't hold up too much hope on welker, he's not likely to get the money he wants, as we ain't going to give him a big contract frot the stuff he has already done, but what he might do, and he's not a spring chicken anymore.

We will offer a fair deal, but someone will be willing to beat it...
Old 16.01.2012, 05:32 PM
Hall of Fame

I agree on Benny but think that he'll ask for too much money.

I'm real high on Slater as an ST-only guy. He's been great this year and was decent last year too.