2012 Draft Specifics: Realistic first round targets with highlights - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New England Patriots

Sponsored Links

Old 19.01.2012, 05:58 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnitude View Post
I'm not sure it can in today's NFL. A couple of plays per game, sure. But not consistently.
Well a pass rush isn't consistently in the face of the QB either.
Sponsored Links
Old 20.01.2012, 05:39 PM
Rookie

Hi All

Random thoughts:

Not a bad list there! I think logic would point to a pass rusher but since when has Bill been logical to us fans??

Realistically I can see the selection of a lineman and a trade for the Patriots in the first round.

Personally I would like Courtney Upshaw in the first, but he wont last till they pick so maybe a trade up?

If not Upshaw, then Fletcher Cox or Jared Crick can play DE in a 3-4 (hard to imagine the 4-3 staying as a base in 2012)

as for the 2nd 1st rounder, Dre Kirkpatrick would be tough to pass up if he falls that far (drug bust may help?) Mohamed Sanu would also be a great fit (great route runner, decent hands) can offload Chad Oh-No-Cinco then!!!

Whitney Mercilus will see his stock rise I think (Id have him just on his name!! (right up there with Thane Gash as 'Best Name Ever'))

Kendall Wright is going to Cleveland along with RG3.

Mark Barron is a beast at SS but we already have one in Patrick Chung. Look for maybe Markelle Martin FS from OSU in the 2nd round.

Billy Winn DE from Boise St can play DT or DE so another possible 2nd rd target.

Janoris Jenkins could be boom or bust, a bit risky for a 1st round choice.

Shame John Simon from Ohio State never came out!

Id love Nick Toon in the 2nd round!!!!!!

My choices:

1a Jared Crick DE
1b Trade....... extra 2nd and 1st next time
2a Markelle Martin FS
2b Billy Winn DE
2c Nick Toon WR

If a trade happens (probable) and they pick up an extra 2nd round
Old 20.01.2012, 06:32 PM
Hall of Fame

Assuming Upshaw is gone:

1a Vinny Curry (Think his stock will rise tons)
1b Muhammed Sanu (Little bit early but won't last til our 2nd rounder)
2a Jared Crick (Will slip due to the injury)
2b Markelle Martin
3 Robert Lester (Why not double dip at safety?)
4 Donte Page-Moss (has more talent than this but is a bit of a tool)
Old 20.01.2012, 07:11 PM
All Pro

Send a message via Skype™ to Csna

Robert Lester is staying in school btw
Old 20.01.2012, 07:44 PM
All Pro

Here are some potential sleepers i think the Patriots may gamble on

Julian Miller (DE) WVU - Near prototype size for a 3-4 OLB (6'3 256 with 34 1/8 inch arms). Has the frame to add a little more weight, if needed. Over the last 2 years, he has 25 TFL and 15 sacks. Pretty good at special teams. When I watch him, I see a guy who (like many Patriots) is pretty versatile and can do a lot of things pretty well, but nothing great.

Matt Daniels (S) Duke - Not sure why he isn't getting more attention in such a poor S crop. Not a great athlete, which limits his pro potential - but I see him as an interesting (underweight, as of now) "Big Nickel" type fit. He's a hard hitter who can play in coverage enough for a nickel/dime guy. I don't think he has the hips to be a starter in the league - given the way the game has evolved. But as a #3 guy he could be an interesting find, especially if he can put on some muscle (he's currently 6'0 215)

Rishard Matthews - I'm not usually a fan of raw receivers, which Matthews definitely is. But he has decent size (6'1, 215) and appears to have very good feet (something the Pats covet in WR's). He has experience on special teams and solid hands. As a late round option, he's a somewhat interesting prospect. I'll be watching him closely at the combine to see how he does in the agility drills, as those could make/break his chances of being drafted.

Demario Davis, OLB - Arkansas State He's a 6'3, 235 outside linebacker who was recently named on All-Sun Belt Conference First Team. He's made 70 tackles, 10 TFL with 3 sacks this year. He has been noted for excellent run defense and instincts. Wes Bunting thinks he could be a starter at the next level inside or outside in a 4-3. He could be a big contributor in Special Teams initially before working his way into the rotations.
Old 20.01.2012, 09:24 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csna View Post
Robert Lester is staying in school btw
Ah, I missed that, apologies.

I have Miller and Daniels graded as 5th round prospects, Davis as 6th, on my board, and don't have Matthews rated
Old 20.01.2012, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Miller is a player id like us to pick up i think he could be a very good steal