Madden 13 - General Thoughts - Page 10 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Computer Games

Sponsored Links

Old 12.12.2012, 06:17 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Think the only way to get real rookies is to buy NCAA 13 and finish a season on the franchise mode of that then export the rookie class to Madden 13. Presume you can still do that? Not getting NCAA13 till xmas
not this year unfortunately
Sponsored Links
Old 13.12.2012, 09:53 AM
All Pro

Anyone else having issues on the ps3 since the last update. I keep getting penalties against me for encroachment when trying to do the defensive shifts with L2+R/L analog sticks having never had it happen once in 50+ games it now happens 2-3 times a game, it's almost as if it's not recognizing that I'm holding down L2. My mate is having similar problems as well but it only seems to have started happening in the last week since I updated.
Old 13.12.2012, 12:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
not this year unfortunately
This was going to be the first year I had both games in the same year
Old 13.12.2012, 02:42 PM
All Pro

Thought I'd skip a year this year, bought the last 6 Maddens just not this one.
Old 13.12.2012, 03:28 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up

Madden sucks ever since 08 they have taken more and more features out of it and it seems people have stopped playing all they care about is the graphics and gimmicks ,im playing Madden 08 on the pc with the updated rosters and graphics mods ten times the game it is on the consoles smoother game play and more fun generally.
Old 13.12.2012, 09:51 PM
All Pro

Madden is, and always will be, destroyed by the pick-up and play generation (the largest and fastest growing sector of the games market). They don't want a simulation, they want a lot of excitement for very little (a moderately interactive NFL TV show).
Old 20.12.2012, 09:46 PM
Hall of Fame

Madden crashes all of the time. Awful excuse for a game, EA should hang their heads in shame for this one. Wish I could get NCAA for Xbox.
Old 20.12.2012, 11:04 PM
Starter

everyone keeps on sayin that madden carshes all the time..... mine doesnt... lucky me
Old 21.12.2012, 01:59 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1978 View Post
Madden sucks ever since 08 they have taken more and more features out of it and it seems people have stopped playing all they care about is the graphics and gimmicks ,im playing Madden 08 on the pc with the updated rosters and graphics mods ten times the game it is on the consoles smoother game play and more fun generally.
Agree. I sold Madden 2013 after a week and went back to NCAA 2007 on my original XBOX. For me that was the last fun, great game. I love how slow the action is, how I feel like I'm actually in control of what is going on and where I run/how I catch the ball. Madden these days doesn't need anyone to play it everything happens so fast, you might as well just snap the ball and put the controller down.

Even with the game on 'very slow' it still runs way too fast for me and how tight the coverage is all the time is infuriating. Running the ball is way too easy and passing way too hard. And no I can't be bothered messing about with any sliders
Old 28.12.2012, 04:23 PM
All Pro

The commentary is certainly better than Madden 12. In Madden 12, Cris Collinsworth used to talk about "giving up big plays" or "that was a mistake in my opinion" when I ran on 1st down!!

Jim Nantz and Phil Simms have the chemistry they have in real life, its much much better and flows better too. Add in the fact they show the entire line-up in game not just the key players and im certainly more happy.

I only got it for Christmas, and therefore ive only played one game - as the Seahawks - in which I only just won 19-17 against the Cards with a last second Hauschka field goal. Certainly running the ball is more difficult than in previous years, and I got picked off 3 times.

Still, its early days for me so I cannot really comment, especially as I haven't reached off season and free agency etc, but then again it was a present, so I paid nothing.

Tags
draft , franchise , madden , ps3 , xbox