Seahawks Helmet Avatar? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Ideas for NFLUK.com

Sponsored Links

Old 22.02.2013, 11:14 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishyBob View Post
Woohoo they finally fixed the avatar...........oh hang on my mistake, what was I thinking, no one really gives a damn about these things, only about swearing!

If it takes 9 or 10 wannabe dictators (please see that I'm joking here) giving up their hard-earned spare time to moderate the site, and if it is so "chaotic" and "hard to keep track of" then why not have this crazy idea of not wasting your time banning people for swearing. I mean jeeeesus......I work in IT and pretty much everyone swears on a day-to-day basis in normal conversation. It's nothing to do with being "angry" as was mentioned earlier, mostly it's about banter and having a laugh. I think it's hilarious that someone actually cares that I use a swear word, whilst no one seems to care that the images for some avatars aren't working.

Also as I do seem unable to stop swearing in posts, and there is no rehabilitation course available for my re-introdution into this Orwellian society I was wondering if a moderator could give me a list of what swear words I could get an infraction for.............?...........

I mean, can I use "poo", or "wee"? Are they deemed swearing?......e.g. "I think the 49ers stink of wee" or "that Kaepernick, he looks like a big poo"? Or is it just the context that certain words are used in?......so if I said "those 49ers are on again, I'm off for a wee"....would that be ok?

Can I use "damn"? or what about "goddam"? is that worse than "damn" as now that is bringing religious defamation into the mix.........jeez that's opening up a can of worms.......oops I used "jeez" as in "jesus".....will I get an infraction for that?

What about bloody? bloomin? will they get me an infraction?

Ah

ps. at least more and more people are looking at this thread due to my swearing/bans....maybe at some point the word will get back to the site admins about this jerk with the swearing problem....they may look at this thread and they may think....oooh lets do our job and fix the original issue (they may even have a little laugh about it amongst themselves and even let out a couple of expletives!)

pps. you mad bro'?
Wow, calm down! Its an avatar and not a life/death situation. It should be getting fixed but if you think you are helping matters by going like this then you are totally wrong.
Swearing is a worse offense than lacking in an avatar. My guess is that the swear words that are banned are the swear words - no words other than swear words lead to bans im afraid.

Last edited by Vincent; 22.02.2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Quote modded
Sponsored Links
Old 22.02.2013, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james1b View Post
Wow, calm down! Its an avatar and not a life/death situation. It should be getting fixed but if you think you are helping matters by going like this then you are totally wrong.
Swearing is a worse offense than lacking in an avatar. My guess is that the swear words that are banned are the swear words - no words other than swear words lead to bans im afraid.
Maybe I should have put more smileys in...... I was trying to come across more tongue in cheek than angry?
Old 22.02.2013, 12:01 PM
All Pro

Don't you just hate it when the kids are on half term
Old 22.02.2013, 12:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFishyBob View Post
Maybe I should have put more smileys in...... I was trying to come across more tongue in cheek than angry?
Oh dont get me wrong, it came across as very sarcastic as well

I just dont see how coming on and swearing is going to help matters?

Swear words are swearing thats simple - just dont use them - nearly all of us swear but on an online forum there is no need at all when you have time to think of replacement words. What does swearing actually achieve other than a ban?

Dubious words will be adjusted and potentially warnings about not using that word in the future will be given without any punishment - unless it is continued to be used.

The mods will know better than me but thats how I imagine the rules to be.

Without wanting to cause issues, repitition and annoyance is the way to get things done - its what I had to do with my student estate agents to get them to do things at my house. I used to ring all the time and say we still havent had this done yet - twice a day sometimes and eventually I would drive them potty to the point that they just did it to stop my moaning.

For something as trivial as a seahawks avatar is swearing and shouting and name calling really required? You have a genuine point in that it should be done but you have more chance of it being done if you stay calm and just keep reminding them it needs doing, than actually be rude and annoying.
Old 22.02.2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

I guess some people don't learn.....
Old 22.02.2013, 07:23 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I guess some people don't learn.....
No suprise really. Why he never just left it alone and just talked some NFL is beyond me.
Old 22.02.2013, 07:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
There are nine or ten moderators on a site (some who come on here more often than others) which even on a quiet off-season afternoon like today had hundreds of people online and during peak times is chaotic and hard to keep track of. We also do this voluntarily and are not on the payroll, which any admin/IT guys would be.
Oh come on, you clearly love it. Just look at how much more moderating and thread moving and banning you do than the other mods. It's a choice you make voluntarily. This guy deserves his ban (the 2nd time especially) but I mean there's no way you could be anything other than a copper.... I bet you're great at your job, but talk about someone who likes taking their work home with them!
Old 22.02.2013, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Oh come on, you clearly love it. Just look at how much more moderating and thread moving and banning you do than the other mods. It's a choice you make voluntarily. This guy deserves his ban (the 2nd time especially) but I mean there's no way you could be anything other than a copper.... I bet you're great at your job, but talk about someone who likes taking their work home with them!
Yep, love the site, love banning people, great stuff. Thanks for the input.
Old 22.02.2013, 08:14 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Yep, love the site, love banning people, great stuff. Thanks for the input.
Genuine LOL
Old 23.02.2013, 04:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Get a grip, Bob. Why should anyone be admonished for doing their best to keep the site running smooth?

Tags