Chan Gailey Fired - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 01.01.2013, 06:42 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Not really happy about Chan going he wasn't the problem. Even more unhappy Doug Marrone is up for some head coaching job in the NFL. Syracuse won't replace him with anyone close to his class anytime soon and they need that caliber of headcoach going into the ACC. He was being hinted that he may be fired midseason how quickly things change.

Andy Ried, Chip Kelly, John Gruden or Nick Saban won't take the job. Buffalo will be dead last in most coaches option with the weather, geographic situation, money, team talent and QB situation.

Lovie Smith we have a shot at although he has always been a very vanilla headcoach. It's a bad year to be looking for a headcoach but lol at Josh McDaniels horrible at the Broncos and bad as the Rams OC. Shouldn't be in the conversation to get a HC till he's better at his job. Any head coach is going to look good with a Tom Brady controlled offence.
Buddy is staying on as GM, going to go through a transition to get Doug Whaley in as GM and Russ Brandon has been given full power and control as the president of the team, with no restrictions.

First thing apparantly that is happening is that he is going to Arizona, probably to interview Wishenhunt, as apparantly he is fond of him. We need to go after Lovie more than anything.

I disagree with you about Buffalo will be dead last in most coaches option with the weather, geographic situation, money, team talent and QB situation. Lovie Smith has expressed a big interest in this, Money will probably be no issue with what Russ Brandon is saying we have some good talent, Spiller, Chandler, Johnson a solid O-Line and a good defensive and the QB situation a new HC can come in, draft this year(prefer nxt year if Tahj Boyd doesnt come out) a new QB and start a fresh.

The McDaniels suggestion was as a OC rather than a HC, but if we get Wishenhunt, Ray Horton is a solid DC that would do well for us.

Said this when we got Mario, Andersen and Wanny and it was a hammer blow, but i think things may look up
Sponsored Links
Old 01.01.2013, 09:53 PM
MVP

It's a much better team than it was when Jauron left. The assets aren't anything special Mark Anderson, Kyle Williams reaching the time of their careers where you can expect some decline in production and CJ spiller with his frame is an injury waiting to happen. Same kind of talent as Darren McFadden maybe two of the most gifted HBs in the league but they aren't built to last.

The two biggest assets for me for now and the long term are both free agents Jairus Byrd and Andy Levitre. Both will be looking for top 5 at their position money. It's an uphill task talking two guys who have played under three head coaches all ready to sign on long term to play on for a fourth. If both get signed on it will be a massive win for rebuilding to the playoffs.

Any head coach looking at this job can look that their isn't the structure to be successful with the long list of coaches since Marv Levy. New beginning with a new structure? Sure but it's from a franchise with a history of making the wrong hires. The city, the one game in Toronto. Windy cold weather stadium makes offence harder and creates more injuries. Unless you love hunting it's not the greatest metropolitan to live a millionaire life style. It's a difficult sell for head coaches.

The big light at the end of the rainbow is how offence is developing in the NFL. Seahawks have done it, the Bengals have done it, Panthers have done it and Redskins have done it. The pistol offence is here and taking kids coming from college and making it easy for them to put up numbers in the NFL. Last time we hired a head coach an offensive minded coach which was the right way to go. For this team we need someone that can play defence hard. The raw talent is there no reason with the talent in the secondary and D-Line this team can’t become another defence force like the Hawks and 49ers.
Old 01.01.2013, 10:16 PM
Pro Bowler

Defense was stale this year. As has been said there is no reason why, with the talent there they can't be one of the premier defences in the league.

Lovie Smith would be great. Defensive minded guy who,may be able to sort it out, paired with a new OC...

Definitely in need of a new QB, I would like to see us trade if necessary to get one in the draft.
Old 03.01.2013, 01:50 PM
Starter

Im preying Lovie comes to Buffalo! He only just missed out on the play offs and has got the Bears there or there abouts before, Draft a proper QB with an Arm and we might just not come bottom of the group again!

Then again we might get Mr Average in at HC and keep faith in the useless Fitz.....

Now what shall i bet on....
Old 04.01.2013, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Apparently ex Cardinals Ken Whisenhunt is getting a formal interview

Don't think he would be a popular choice and can't see him transforming our offence into anything special
Old 05.01.2013, 12:32 AM
Pro Bowler

All in for Lovie Smith right here, Chip Kelly of to the Browns.

Russ Brandon, get in Lovie Smith and Smith is good friends with ex Oakland HC Hue Jackson, could he bring Hue in as OC if he got the job? That would suit me, go for Alex Smith as a filler till nxt year or the year after if my choice Tajh Boyd doesnt declare and we could see excitment, but we have to build round Spiller, Johnson and to a lesser extent Chandler
Old 05.01.2013, 08:02 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain View Post
All in for Lovie Smith right here, Chip Kelly of to the Browns.

Russ Brandon, get in Lovie Smith and Smith is good friends with ex Oakland HC Hue Jackson, could he bring Hue in as OC if he got the job? That would suit me, go for Alex Smith as a filler till nxt year or the year after if my choice Tajh Boyd doesnt declare and we could see excitment, but we have to build round Spiller, Johnson and to a lesser extent Chandler
No complaints either. I thought Hue Jackson got a raw deal in Oakland, very good at his job. Would have loved Chip Kelly but Lovie would be a fine hire he brings the added bonus that he got fired in a way which the general press is was very harsh with the personal their clown of a GM makes. Players are going to want to play for him.
Old 06.01.2013, 11:31 AM
Pro Bowler

No Lovie Smith....The Bills have hired Syracuse's Doug Marrone.

Now i don't much that much Syracuse Football, so the Pinstripe Bowl where they did well, so reserving judgement on this hire
Old 06.01.2013, 01:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain View Post
No Lovie Smith....The Bills have hired Syracuse's Doug Marrone.

Now i don't much that much Syracuse Football, so the Pinstripe Bowl where they did well, so reserving judgement on this hire

I am honestly very gutted as Syracuse fan it's hard to a coach of his caliber to lead the program. The Pinstripe Bowl is a bad game to see as an example it was a freak contest in snow on a baseball field. Seen about 4 Syracuse games this year the one people need to see is Syracuse destroying Louisville (who just beat down Florida in the Sugar Bowl). You can't judge him by his win lose record compared to other college coaches. Really good head coach it can't be stressed enough how bad the situation was at Syracuse before he took over. He can do a job in the NFL he is going to take the Bills to the playoffs.