K-Gun Offense - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 25.01.2013, 06:06 PM
Pro Bowler

Tweener? do you mean too small? I didn't really get to see much of Anderson last season. He came with good reviews and it sounded like Williams and him would be really competitive but he got injured before the D had time to gel together. Obviously LB is a position of need but I see what you are saying with regards to Barwin, he could come with a hefty price tag.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.01.2013, 10:54 PM
MVP

Tweener like an inbetweener. For this defence he doesn't look big enough to play with his hand in the dirt but too big to play 4-3 OLB. Despite the idea he is going to get big money only one out of 4 years he has put up big numbers. He's going to go to a 3-4 defence probably even getting resigned if the Texans have the cap.

Anderson has had just two big seasons same problem as Barwin. Who knows what he could do. With an all round improved defence around him he could come good.
Old 26.01.2013, 03:00 PM
Pro Bowler

Ah right, makes sense. Pettine has made a statement saying we are going to be aggressive this year. No waiting to read the offense.

Apparently The Chiefs and us are front runners for Alex Smith!
Old 27.01.2013, 01:54 AM
All Pro

Alex Smith would be a huge improvement on Fitzpatrick IMO. What'd you do with Fitzpatrick if Smith comes in?? Cut/Trade??
Old 27.01.2013, 04:14 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGall13 View Post
Alex Smith would be a huge improvement on Fitzpatrick IMO. What'd you do with Fitzpatrick if Smith comes in?? Cut/Trade??

I like him as a person but it's a push to call him an improvement. His career was deader than Fitzpatrick until Harbaugh came in a man with a track record with QBs. Alex Smith plays at least 11 games a season (when he plays a full season which hasn't happened often.) In the Cal/Arizona sun and the Dome in St.Louis. Arm strenght is an issue with the winds of the Ralph. For me for the $$$ Alex is going to be demanding he isn't an upgrade over Fitz
Old 27.01.2013, 09:41 PM
Pro Bowler

I think Fitz is locked in with the Bills due to the big contract they gave him last season. I guess the worst case scenario for him would be making him the backup?

One of the main criticisms facing Fitz seems to be his inconsistency and lack of accuracy. Im not aware of the same level of criticism facing Smith, in fact he seems to have been really unlucky this season. Would he be a better candidate for the Bills if they become a hurry up offence?
Old 28.01.2013, 08:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelp View Post
I think Fitz is locked in with the Bills due to the big contract they gave him last season. I guess the worst case scenario for him would be making him the backup?

One of the main criticisms facing Fitz seems to be his inconsistency and lack of accuracy. Im not aware of the same level of criticism facing Smith, in fact he seems to have been really unlucky this season. Would he be a better candidate for the Bills if they become a hurry up offence?
Fitz and Smith very similar career QB rating same passing %. Smith one season with 3000 plus yards Fitzpatrcik two. Alex Smith could easily be argued to be a product of a very good headcoach and managing the game for the best defence in the NFL. Previously Smith failed under about 5 different offensive coordinators then the 49ers offence took off with Smith then went on to another level when the 2nd year QB from the WAC takes over the offence. Seems suspect to me.

I wish Smith well ( my family in Utah all Utes fans think the guy is a god) hes't too close to Fitzpatrick for me.
Old 30.01.2013, 08:35 PM
MVP

Looks like I'm wrong on this one rumours are the Bills are looking hard at Alex Smith as per NFL.com.