Trading down from #8 - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Buffalo Bills

Sponsored Links

Old 11.03.2013, 10:54 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt NFL Fan View Post
I've heard scouts are impressed with his arm, and could be a mid-round draft pick for someone. Personally - as I don't follow college football all that much - there are people better suited to tell me their opinions of him. He is probably another Jonathan Crompton (practice squad kind of guy).
He had people talking 1st overall when he started out he looks the part his arm will get him drafted his personallity will get him to drop. Can't look over the talent he had at WR with the Volunteers and how bad Tennessee was 1-7 in the SEC last season only win against 0-8 Kentucky at home, the season before that 1-7 against the SEC only win was at home to Vandy so 2-14 in the last two years in confernce play. An NFL quality QB should be doing better, Bray has upside but he has much work to do.
Sponsored Links
Old 21.03.2013, 02:04 PM
MVP

TJ Graham catching passes from Glennon at the NC State pro day, Matt Barkely attending an Anaheim Ducks NHL game with Stevie Johnson, Bills said to be deeply looking at Geno Smith and word is Nassib could go as high as the top half of the 1st round.

Could go in any direction with the Qbs.
Old 25.03.2013, 08:10 PM
Rookie

Trade up before down I'd say.
Old 25.03.2013, 10:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super32 View Post
Trade up before down I'd say.

No we cannot give up the few picks we have to trade up for a QB that may not be a stud, too risky with the holes we have and the lack of FA we have. Trade down or stay as we are, we only have 6 picks and would have to give up a 1st and possible a 2nd and a low round 6th draft pick to move up.
Old 26.03.2013, 06:34 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain View Post
No we cannot give up the few picks we have to trade up for a QB that may not be a stud
Goodfry says otherwise
Old 28.03.2013, 12:04 AM
Pro Bowler

I know i saw, it would be a bad move, we exactly have not been active in FA, and losing important picks for a boom or bust QB is probably a Bills thing, but if he performs well who ever we take at 8 or 41 and still have a **** year, then it could be a blessing, but none of these QB really fill me with confidence
Old 28.03.2013, 12:58 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swain View Post
I know i saw, it would be a bad move, we exactly have not been active in FA, and losing important picks for a boom or bust QB is probably a Bills thing, but if he performs well who ever we take at 8 or 41 and still have a **** year, then it could be a blessing, but none of these QB really fill me with confidence
It's the opposite of a Bills thing. Highest the Bills have drafted a QB since a NFL/AFL merger is 14th overall that's 40 years and 1 franchise QB in their history. Sitting there and not taking a risk on a QB while going for safer positions would be a Bills thing.

We've been taking safer prospects for years they either leave Posluszny, Levitre, Whitner, Lynch, Byrd shows no staying after his franchise tag or they bust like Maybin. Bills need a QB to compete they aren't getting any right now with what they are doing. Don't trust on the Bills being bad enough to get a good QB prospect next season despite having a terrible group of QB since Jimbo the highest they have picked is 4th once and 3rd.
Old 16.04.2013, 04:43 PM
MVP

Two copy and paste from Walterfootball both worth sharing.

Who the Bills have worked out

Quote:
SR - Senior Bowl meeting.
EW - East-West Shrine meeting.
COM - Combine meeting.
INT - Interested.
VINT - Very Interested.
PRO - Pro Day meeting.
PRI - Private Workout.
% - indicates more than one meeting.
# - indicates meeting set up outside of the 2013 Senior Bowl or the 2013 East-West Shrine Game
Quote:
Buffalo Bills:
Matt Barkley, QB, USC (PRI)
Tyler Bray%, QB, Tennessee (PRI) (PRO)
Malcolm Bronson, DB, McNeese State (PRI)
Zack Chibane, OL, Syracuse (PRO)
Jamie Collins, LB, Southern Miss (PRI)
Ja'Gared Davis, LB, SMU (PRI)
Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State (PRI)
Ryan Griffin, TE, Connecticut (PRI)
Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee (PRI)
Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia (PRI)
Landry Jones%, QB, Oklahoma (PRI) (PRO)
Dion Jordan, DL, Oregon (PRI)
Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard (PRI)
Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati (COM)
Alec Lemon, WR, Syracuse (PRO)
E.J. Manuel%, QB, Florida State (PRI) (PRO)
Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU (PRI)
Vance McDonald%, TE, Rice (PRI) (SR)
Jonathan Meeks, DB, Clemson (PRI)
Barkevious Mingo, DL, LSU (PRI)
Kevin Minter, LB, LSU (PRI)
Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse (PRI)
Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia (PRI)
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee (PRI)
Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech (COM)
Randy Richards, OL, Missouri State (PRO)
Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech (PRI)
Marcus Sales, WR, Syracuse (PRO)
Matt Scott%, QB, Arizona (PRI) (INT)
Russell Sheppard, WR, LSU (PRI)
Geno Smith%, QB, West Virginia (PRI) (COM)
David Stevens, TE, Syracuse (PRO)
Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (PRI)
Cooper Taylor, DB, Richmond (PRI)
Phillip Thomas, DB, Fresno State (PRI)
Jeff Tuel, QB, Washington State (PRI)
Kenny Vaccaro, DB, Texas (PRI)
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas (PRO)
Robert Woods, WR, USC (PRI)
Clearly very QB focused also looking deeply into WRs. No Tavon Austin, no 1st round guards, non of the big name tackles and plenty of LBs for the 3-4 set up. Worth not looking too deeply into the players they have talked to. Still gives an idea what kind of positions they are looking at
Old 16.04.2013, 04:44 PM
MVP

Draft rumours

Quote:
Buffalo Bills:
April 15: Peter King wrote that he heard "guard a lot" pertaining to Buffalo's first-round pick.

April 15: Albert Breer wrote that teams believe the Bills are targeting Ryan Nassib at No. 41.

April 14: "The will absolutely not take a quarterback at eight - they can get a quarterback through free agency or in a later round. They have bigger needs. They definitely need to go out and get a wide receiver, and they need to shore up the offensive line. And with Nick Barnett gone now they need to take a hard look at the linebacker position." - Jim Kelly

April 11: "I've been told the #Bills are still fairly high on NC State QB Mike Glennon. DOESN'T mean they are "in love" or will target him." - Sal Capaccio, Sports Radio 550 Buffalo

April 8: "I can't wait to see the Nassib and Manuel shows. When I talk to teams leading up to the April 25 first round, I keep hearing both Nassib and Manuel as late-first-round prospects. Nassib in particular, and certainly more than Manuel ... The other day, one personnel man for a team not interested in drafting a quarterback this year told me, 'No way if you want Nassib you think there's a realistic chance he gets past 41.'" - Peter King.

April 8: "After AZ, OAK and BUF each made QB moves last week, one NFL GM predicted 'these quarterbacks in this draft are going to fall like logs.'" - Adam Schefter.

April 1: "The Bills could do anything at No. 8, including taking a long-term prospect at quarterback like West Virginia's Geno Smith." - Peter King

March 29: "It will not surprise me one bit if Barkley still goes in the top half of the first round of the draft. Look at all the teams in the top 10 that have quarterback questions: Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Arizona, Buffalo and the New York Jets. Would you be floored if any of those teams decided to use their first-round pick on a quarterback, or Barkley in particular? Not really. Barkley will go in the first round -- I don't have any doubt about that. But it will be a bit more challenging to be the first quarterback off the board." - Adam Schefter

March 28: "Most people around the league expect that Matt Barkley will be a first-round pick. The question is how high. It would not surprise a lot of people if Matt Barkley wound up going in the top half of the first round. Because that's where quarterbacks wind up going." - Adam Schefter
http://walterfootball.com/
Old 25.04.2013, 05:49 PM
MVP

First three round predictions part of me thinks defence but......

Round 1. Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse, I have flipped back and forward on this one. The one thing which helps the idea of this pick is the Miami Dolphins. After Mike Sherman the former Texas A&M coach had success last season with his former college QB Tannehill the thinking could be having the same college coach/play caller work with a QB could speed up their adaption into the NFL. Nassib will put in the work to be a top player it's an uphill battle with some of his limitations but he can be a top class NFL QB.

Round 2. Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech, Pretty nice size massive production raw but should have an impact in the NFL big upside. One of the first non QBs the Bills did a private work out with.

Round 3. Vance McDonald TE Rice, Buffalo front office is said to be smitten. Buddy Nix has talked about the need for a pass catching TE. The Kelvin Sheppard of this draft a mid round guy that all signs point to him coming to Buffalo.