NFLUK Fantasy: Meet the Developers - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > NFL Fantasy Games

Sponsored Links

Old 13.09.2013, 08:31 PM
Rookie

Default NFLUK Fantasy: Meet the Developers

Hi all,
We're the team that built and support the NFLUK Fantasy Football game. This thread is a place where you can come to raise issues, ask questions, or get answers about your game experience.

Looking forward to your feedback.
- STI
Sponsored Links
Old 13.09.2013, 08:37 PM
Rookie

Default By the way...

Based on feedback we've seen in the forums, we've recently updated the game to include more detail in the selection view. Now, in addition to the player's name and headshot, you can see their upcoming matchup and some stats at a glance, rather than needing to click into a player to get that information.

We also applied some additional polish to the 'in-game' version of a player's column on the roster page. You'll be able to see those updates this weekend when the games get started.

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 14.09.2013, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to HOMEFIELD Send a message via MSN to HOMEFIELD

Great stuff guys and having a thread is a great idea and hopefully people will embrace it in a positive way and not so negative.

The game is superb in my eyes and with the on going tweaking its really coming together.

Thanks for your hard work and long may it continue.

Ken
Old 15.09.2013, 01:14 AM
All Pro

Exclamation NFLUK Fantasy: Meet the Developers

Firstly I commend you for giving us this chance to meet the people behind the game and putting your self in the firing line - now for my volley of shots!

Is there an issue - I know I selected my Week 2 roster early in the week - it's a habit / routine I do in fantasy games in case I don't have a chance to come back later on that at least I have a team entered. I know other people in my private mini league did the same as I could see their Wild-Card pick for Week 2.

However today as I had time went to have a check on who I had selected and make adjustments to find once I logged in my whole roster was gone - a completly blank team?

Lucky I caught this now so have re-selected a team for Week 2 but then going to my private mini league can see I am the only one now showing a Wild Card pick.

This tells me it wasn't just me but probably everyone in the whole game you have re-set the rosters off. What really worries me is many people may not notice this thinking they have already done a team for this week - can see you getting lots of post week 2 negative feedback from very upset players who will feel you have ruined there whole season by wiping there teams for week 2. I would like to warn the members in my private league - especially as it's a money league - but again I found their is no way to e-mail other members in my league - you don't offer that option.

I know for a fact one guy in my league sets his team when he has net access or is on the main land - as he works off shore in the North Sea oil fields and net access out there is patchy at best and dependent on the weather so to re-set his roster is deeply unfair. Especially as he may not know till it's to late - after week 2's games now. I think you should send a warning out about this to all players as I myself thought I was all ready to go for Week 2 having picked my team back on Tuesday! Will rosters re-set like this every week and if so think you should lock the game until such time as selections will stand - not get re-set!

Lastly as the creator of a private mini league I feel powerless as I have no control over who's in my league - I would like the power to delete a team as one team in my league has zero points, not been in touch with me or paid the entry fee (as I said I made my league a money league) and is obviously not bothered but I don't seem to have the option to boot them from my own private league - so could you offer this option next year perhaps - but for now could you do this for me?

Thanks.

Last edited by bluelionman; 15.09.2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 15.09.2013, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelionman View Post
Firstly I commend you for giving us this chance to meet the people behind the game and putting your self in the firing line - now for my volley of shots!

Is there an issue - I know I selected my Week 2 roster early in the week - it's a habit / routine I do in fantasy games in case I don't have a chance to come back later on that at least I have a team entered. I know other people in my private mini league did the same as I could see their Wild-Card pick for Week 2.

However today as I had time went to have a check on who I had selected and make adjustments to find once I logged in my whole roster was gone - a completly blank team?

Lucky I caught this now so have re-selected a team for Week 2 but then going to my private mini league can see I am the only one now showing a Wild Card pick.

This tells me it wasn't just me but probably everyone in the whole game you have re-set the rosters off. What really worries me is many people may not notice this thinking they have already done a team for this week - can see you getting lots of post week 2 negative feedback from very upset players who will feel you have ruined there whole season by wiping there teams for week 2. I would like to warn the members in my private league - especially as it's a money league - but again I found their is no way to e-mail other members in my league - you don't offer that option.

I know for a fact one guy in my league sets his team when he has net access or is on the main land - as he works off shore in the North Sea oil fields and net access out there is patchy at best and dependent on the weather so to re-set his roster is deeply unfair. Especially as he may not know till it's to late - after week 2's games now. I think you should send a warning out about this to all players as I myself thought I was all ready to go for Week 2 having picked my team back on Tuesday! Will rosters re-set like this every week and if so think you should lock the game until such time as selections will stand - not get re-set!

Lastly as the creator of a private mini league I feel powerless as I have no control over who's in my league - I would like the power to delete a team as one team in my league has zero points, not been in touch with me or paid the entry fee (as I said I made my league a money league) and is obviously not bothered but I don't seem to have the option to boot them from my own private league - so could you offer this option next year perhaps - but for now could you do this for me?

Thanks.
Its funny as i haven't had a problem with the game and never a problem with my roster etc. Yes apart from a few blips which have been sorted for the most its been fine.

And i had money on you to be the first to complain,moan or constructive criticism when this thread was started

No offence of course
Old 15.09.2013, 01:34 PM
All Pro

Hi Homefield. I've posted elsewhere (new thread) about a problem I'm having with my roster this week. First the Reset Rsoter button isn't working and, more importantly, it's telling me I have reached the $18m limit when I only have $15-worth of players selected, and I can't add a quarterback to my line-up! Can you help??
Old 15.09.2013, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
Hi Homefield. I've posted elsewhere (new thread) about a problem I'm having with my roster this week. First the Reset Rsoter button isn't working and, more importantly, it's telling me I have reached the $18m limit when I only have $15-worth of players selected, and I can't add a quarterback to my line-up! Can you help??
All i can suggest is playing around with your team till you get what you want, ive just tried to make changes and its worked for me.

Sorry i carnt help anymore than that.
Old 15.09.2013, 02:33 PM
All Pro

What I want is to be able to draft $18m worth of players instead of $15, LOL! There has to be a glitch in the system somewhere that is counting something in a team that isn't actually there. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this problem (unless the other Sky Sports pundits are trying to sabotage my efforts!), and the problem with the Reset Roster button suggests it isn't just one thing?
Old 15.09.2013, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
What I want is to be able to draft $18m worth of players instead of $15, LOL! There has to be a glitch in the system somewhere that is counting something in a team that isn't actually there. I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing this problem (unless the other Sky Sports pundits are trying to sabotage my efforts!), and the problem with the Reset Roster button suggests it isn't just one thing?
Are you are part of the sky sports team?? as you said i quote "unless the other Sky Sports pundits are trying to sabotage my efforts!"
Old 15.09.2013, 03:01 PM
All Pro

Yes, sadly, I am, LOL. And 3rd behind Neil Reynolds and David Tuckman after Week 1 (perhaps they see me as too much of a threat!). But, on all the other's teams, the system has cleared their roster ready for this week, but it hasn't with mine, except at QB. I think the system is still counting the $3m QB I had last week against the roster amount of the rest of the team, even though I haven't actually picked a QB yet. When I hit the Reset Roster button it just says:

Something went wrong! Please let us know if the problem persists!

So I'm now at a loss as to how to re-set the team for this week. Are you able to clear the Roster for me completely so I can start again?? I'm happy to pass on my UserName and password via DM.

Tags
fantasy , fantasy football , nfluk