NFL UK live visits Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff in January - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 16.01.2018, 11:45 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Big fan of Scott Hanson on Redzone and his work on Sky at the weekend so be good to see him live.
Biggest laugh of the night was when we had already established that our American guests had trouble understanding the Glaswegian accent, and then Neil chose a bloke for the next question....(now say the next bit to yourself in your head, in your best Scottish accent)... the guy gets the microphone and off he goes.... ‘Do youse guys think aboot it an’ aw’ that...’ that was as far as he got. Audience roar with laughter, panel just sit shaking their heads. Neil, who can get our accent, stops the bloke and advises him to make it a bit easier for the panel to understand him.... the guy tries again... ‘Do (pause) Youse. (pause) Guys. (pause)....’ Same thick Glesga’ accent, just one word at a time.

Just about wet myself.
Sponsored Links
Old 16.01.2018, 09:52 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Biggest laugh of the night was when we had already established that our American guests had trouble understanding the Glaswegian accent, and then Neil chose a bloke for the next question....(now say the next bit to yourself in your head, in your best Scottish accent)... the guy gets the microphone and off he goes.... ‘Do youse guys think aboot it an’ aw’ that...’ that was as far as he got. Audience roar with laughter, panel just sit shaking their heads. Neil, who can get our accent, stops the bloke and advises him to make it a bit easier for the panel to understand him.... the guy tries again... ‘Do (pause) Youse. (pause) Guys. (pause)....’ Same thick Glesga’ accent, just one word at a time.

Just about wet myself.
Sounds hilarious! Did think Scott Hansen might be in for a struggle as on Red Zone the other week he said he'd be in Glasgow (rhymed it with 'cow') which isn't a great start. Must say of the British accents Glasgow is definitely the one I struggle with most if it's strong.
Old 16.01.2018, 10:03 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Sounds hilarious! Did think Scott Hansen might be in for a struggle as on Red Zone the other week he said he'd be in Glasgow (rhymed it with 'cow') which isn't a great start. Must say of the British accents Glasgow is definitely the one I struggle with most if it's strong.
As I am from Paisley, I concur... that gawd awful Weegie accent.

In all seriousness though, ever tried to understand a thick Orkney Islands accent? No chance. None. They could be talking Swahili.
Old 16.01.2018, 10:31 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
As I am from Paisley, I concur... that gawd awful Weegie accent.

In all seriousness though, ever tried to understand a thick Orkney Islands accent? No chance. None. They could be talking Swahili.
Not sure I'd know what one is!