NFL UK live visits Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff in January - Page 4 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 16.01.2018, 11:45 AM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Location: Paisley
Posts: 1,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Akie View Post
Big fan of Scott Hanson on Redzone and his work on Sky at the weekend so be good to see him live.
Biggest laugh of the night was when we had already established that our American guests had trouble understanding the Glaswegian accent, and then Neil chose a bloke for the next question....(now say the next bit to yourself in your head, in your best Scottish accent)... the guy gets the microphone and off he goes.... ‘Do youse guys think aboot it an’ aw’ that...’ that was as far as he got. Audience roar with laughter, panel just sit shaking their heads. Neil, who can get our accent, stops the bloke and advises him to make it a bit easier for the panel to understand him.... the guy tries again... ‘Do (pause) Youse. (pause) Guys. (pause)....’ Same thick Glesga’ accent, just one word at a time.

Just about wet myself.
Sponsored Links
  #32  
Old 16.01.2018, 09:52 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Location: London
Posts: 7,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Biggest laugh of the night was when we had already established that our American guests had trouble understanding the Glaswegian accent, and then Neil chose a bloke for the next question....(now say the next bit to yourself in your head, in your best Scottish accent)... the guy gets the microphone and off he goes.... ‘Do youse guys think aboot it an’ aw’ that...’ that was as far as he got. Audience roar with laughter, panel just sit shaking their heads. Neil, who can get our accent, stops the bloke and advises him to make it a bit easier for the panel to understand him.... the guy tries again... ‘Do (pause) Youse. (pause) Guys. (pause)....’ Same thick Glesga’ accent, just one word at a time.

Just about wet myself.
Sounds hilarious! Did think Scott Hansen might be in for a struggle as on Red Zone the other week he said he'd be in Glasgow (rhymed it with 'cow') which isn't a great start. Must say of the British accents Glasgow is definitely the one I struggle with most if it's strong.
  #33  
Old 16.01.2018, 10:03 PM
pozbaird's Avatar
pozbaird pozbaird is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 14.01.2010
Location: Paisley
Posts: 1,358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
Sounds hilarious! Did think Scott Hansen might be in for a struggle as on Red Zone the other week he said he'd be in Glasgow (rhymed it with 'cow') which isn't a great start. Must say of the British accents Glasgow is definitely the one I struggle with most if it's strong.
As I am from Paisley, I concur... that gawd awful Weegie accent.

In all seriousness though, ever tried to understand a thick Orkney Islands accent? No chance. None. They could be talking Swahili.
  #34  
Old 16.01.2018, 10:31 PM
European Bob's Avatar
European Bob European Bob is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 11.01.2012
Location: London
Posts: 7,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
As I am from Paisley, I concur... that gawd awful Weegie accent.

In all seriousness though, ever tried to understand a thick Orkney Islands accent? No chance. None. They could be talking Swahili.
Not sure I'd know what one is!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
 
Copyright © 2016