New York Jets Thread - Page 803 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > New York Jets

Sponsored Links

Old 23.05.2018, 08:43 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
I like Christopher Johnson so much more than Woody...

https://www.newyorkjets.com/_mobilev...topher-johnson
Yeah my wife told me about that - complete u turn stance from jets and bravo.

It doesn’t say there but she said he has said he will pay any fines...

Am I right in saying none of our players have yet taken a knee??

It seems to me that the NFL and Media and still blundering through this and still don’t really get the issue and instead seem to be pandering to white middle and redneck America??

Having said that Trump is the president.... what on earth am I expecting!

Last edited by stocksy; 23.05.2018 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 24.05.2018, 09:54 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
Yeah my wife told me about that - complete u turn stance from jets and bravo.

It doesn’t say there but she said he has said he will pay any fines...

Am I right in saying none of our players have yet taken a knee??

It seems to me that the NFL and Media and still blundering through this and still don’t really get the issue and instead seem to be pandering to white middle and redneck America??

Having said that Trump is the president.... what on earth am I expecting!
You are correct. The whole team stood together, including CJ, coaches and GM, as a gesture of solidarity. He handled it brilliantly and seems to be continuing to do so.

I'm hoping Trump gets a second term just so Woody gets to stay in London and doesn't go back to mess things up!
Old 24.05.2018, 07:06 PM
Starter

Any word about the last 2 days of OTA? I'm wanting to cling on to some pro Darnold reports!
Old 24.05.2018, 07:39 PM
All Pro

OTAs are only open to the press on Tuesday so the official Jets channels are the only way to scratch your itch until then, sorry.
Old 25.05.2018, 07:29 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
OTAs are only open to the press on Tuesday so the official Jets channels are the only way to scratch your itch until then, sorry.
True.
So, the wk 1 starter at qb is....
Old 18.06.2018, 06:40 AM
Starter

What's people's thoughts at the moment?

Mine are:
1- quietly we have upgraded nearly all areas of concern, minus pass rush. OL has its weak spots still, and might be key to how quickly Darnold starts.

2- Bridgewater is either the starter or traded for a 3rd round pick.

3- WRs will quietly be top 15 for yards

4- top 15 run game too

5- the negative side of me thinks a jet type of move will occur with starting QB. Tbh I think it has to be Darnold unless the O line is BAD.
Old 18.06.2018, 08:43 AM
All Pro

It's hard to see this team being worse, on paper, than last year. Every position has stayed still at worst - with the exception of DL where Wilkerson has left, but we all know how invisible he was, and perhaps ILB where DD had a good year. Not every position has been radically improved however and much will depend on how Long goes at C and the impact of that on the rest of the line.

But games aren't played on paper and the team really overachieved last season based on what was expected. Can they keep that up this season? The Jets fan in me says expect bumps in the road up ahead. The roster has the potential to go 8-8 I think and the skill positions are fairly deep if lacking in stars so they should be solid at least. Is that enough? It probably all depends on how ready Sam is or how fit Teddy is. I don't think Sam starts the season but it all depends how he looks in preseason.
Old 18.06.2018, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

OL and pass rush are my big concerns. I know pass rushers don’t exactly grow on trees, but we made no real effort to improve what we have. Henry Anderson could potentially chip in with a few, but the only other addition I can think of is Courtney Upshaw, who’s always been better against the run.

Not overly convinced by the OL additions, though Long should be an upgrade over Wesley Johnson. RB and WR are both deep positions, though it may be a case of quantity over quality (especially at WR). Hopefully, Anderson can put a turbulent offseason behind him and continue to progress. Pryor could be a solid addition if he can stay healthy.

I’m not expecting Darnold to start from Day 1, though I don’t think he will have to wait too long to break into the lineup. Think 7-8 wins is a realistic target, anything more than that would be a bonus...
Old 18.06.2018, 04:35 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
OL and pass rush are my big concerns. I know pass rushers don’t exactly grow on trees, but we made no real effort to improve what we have. Henry Anderson could potentially chip in with a few, but the only other addition I can think of is Courtney Upshaw, who’s always been better against the run.

Not overly convinced by the OL additions, though Long should be an upgrade over Wesley Johnson. RB and WR are both deep positions, though it may be a case of quantity over quality (especially at WR). Hopefully, Anderson can put a turbulent offseason behind him and continue to progress. Pryor could be a solid addition if he can stay healthy.

I’m not expecting Darnold to start from Day 1, though I don’t think he will have to wait too long to break into the lineup. Think 7-8 wins is a realistic target, anything more than that would be a bonus...
Absolutely, but they were concerns last year too (and the year before, repeat seemingly endlessly particularly in the case of a pass rush) and I'm fairly certain the roster isn't worse in those positions. It's more a question of how much, if any, they have improved.

I do think we will get to the opposing QB more this year. Trumaine and a fit Claiborne should ensure that fraction of a second extra for Leo, at least, to turn pressures and hits into sacks.
Old 20.06.2018, 03:48 PM
All Pro

Anyone watched the One Jets Drive off season documentary the Jets have put out on Facebook? Is it worth watching or just off season fluff?

On a slightly related note, C4 are doing a fly on the wall documentary on Woody's first 9 months as US ambassador. Doubt it will have much, if anything, on the Jets but might reveal a bit about him.