NBA Thread - Page 211 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 22.12.2010, 06:57 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfry View Post
Trade needed to happen. Magic were losing ground to the top 2 and Lewis was not the answer. Turkologu is nothing special and I doubt he has a swan song in Orlando but he is still talented and a good 3 point shooter and a huge upgrade over Vince Carter who is pretty much never going to be a useful starter for a playoff team. Bad contract and he failed in playing with a HOF PG in New Jersey. He has no heart and probably the biggest waste of talent in any sport I can remember. Arenas has huge potential but this whole trade has same vibe as Iverson to Detroit. Troubled veterans rarely come good with a change of scenery. Randy Moss is a once in a generation redemption.

For Wizards Arenas was a bad smell hanging around they needed to find a way to get rid of him while gaining some value in exchange. Wall is doing everything right to turn give this franchise respectability which it really hasn’t had much of since the late 70s. Lewis may not be great and won’t ever mean much to this franchise all he will ever be for Washington is an expiring contract but he will give them a solid starter till they can build to become more.
The Lewis move was the only way the deal could happen financially unless
the Magic where willing to swap Gortat and Carter for Arenas which was never likely,
The reason for the Wizards shopping Arenas was probably both to remove a unsettled
player from a young roster and a goodwill move by the GM to give Arenas one last
chance at a ring,
It is nevertheless a disapointment giving that they only really save a year on salary.
Old 24.12.2010, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Not a bad job by the new-look Magic last night, with a convincing performance against a top team - the Spurs ending their 10 game winning streak.
Old 24.12.2010, 07:02 PM
Pro

I like basketball but i like football and nfl a lot more. I wouldn't consider myself a 'real fan' lol. Although i have seen the harlem globetrotters =] i literally don't even have a team i support
Old 25.12.2010, 10:52 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Not a bad job by the new-look Magic last night, with a convincing performance against a top team - the Spurs ending their 10 game winning streak.
Great job. A rout.
Old 25.12.2010, 10:53 AM
All Pro

Great day if your a basketball fan. Some really nice matchups. Looks like wade is good to go today.
Old 25.12.2010, 06:06 PM
All Pro

Haven't watched the Celtics in God knows how many years.

Used to be huge into basketball, but drifted away from it due to the lack of coverage.

Hell, I remember Antoine Walker being drafted, and I also remember being pi$$ed that the Celtics didn't get the No.1 draft pick the year Duncan declared. We were the worst team in the NFL, but lost in the lottery.

Can anyone tell me what happened to Keith Van Horn? Wasn't it a toss up between him and Duncan who would be chosen No.1?

EDIT: Google is a wonderful thing :P He put up solid numbers, but doesn't seem to have had the career many were expecting.

Last edited by The_Hangman; 25.12.2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 25.12.2010, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan_Polaroid View Post
Can anyone tell me what happened to Keith Van Horn? Wasn't it a toss up between him and Duncan who would be chosen No.1?
Van Horn never stood a chance of being number 1 overall in 1997. Duncan was a 100% stone cold cert that year and was the biggest 1st overall draft certainty since Shaq in 1992. I can remember writing an article in 1996 predicting the 2000 USA Olympic team and Duncan was one of my 12 - and the only one still in college at the time.
Old 25.12.2010, 11:32 PM
All Pro

Heat defence on fire right now. At one point held lakers to 18% shooting.
Old 27.12.2010, 01:30 PM
MVP

The Heat are looking pretty scary it's all about good defence for them. Spurs are looking hot but for the first time in years they aren't coasting through the regular season. Lakers on the other hand know they will make the post season so don't need to dominate now. Jazz, Knicks, Spurs, Hornets, Thunder, Bulls and the Hawks all look like pretenders can’t see any of them in the Finals. Only teams i can see making the finals are the Magic, Mavs, Heat. Lakers and Celtics. The league does seem deeper than most seasons but some teams can turn it on when it matters and the pretenders don’t look to be deep enough or talented enough to beat the big 5 mentioned.

For me i think the Mavs are the top contenders. Would love to see Dirk and that franchise win a title.
Old 28.12.2010, 06:25 PM
All Pro

5 wins in a row for the Houston Rockets now after a big 4th quarter carried them past the Washington Wizards for a 100-93 win. Houston are now unbeaten in 8 at home and are 15-15 for the season.

Next up is the Miami Heat at the Toyota Center. Houston are an improving side but I feel that the "Superfriends" may have a bit too much. The Heat looked great on Christmas Day at LA. Shane Battier and the Rockets team will have their hands full.