Forum maintenance - 24 August - Page 40 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Announcements > New on NFLUK.com

Old 05.09.2014, 08:33 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne ellis View Post
Now being logged out virtually every time I click on a new forum or thread. On top of this, it's now saying I'm a f***ing rookie! Well done on wrecking a perfectly good forum everybody....

PS: Not having a dig at Qualcomm or BirdOPrey6, who have been very helpful during this revamp, just the utter clowns who they work for. Complete and utter shambles and whoever decided to overhaul the site this close to the start of the season, when they had a good 3-4 month gap where nothing important was going on in the NFL, should not only not be in a job, but shouldn't be allowed out unsupervised as they're quite clearly morons....
Yup me too Wayne, every time I click on a new thread... at least I used to stay logged in for most of the day. I could put up with that if I had to.
Old 05.09.2014, 10:08 AM
Administrator

The 'Remember Me' function should be working better now. I am seeing my password (in dots) appear when i signed in for the first time today.
Old 05.09.2014, 10:20 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey6 View Post
There is a new system in place behind the scenes. As for why it had to change I'm afraid I don't know anything about the reasoning for it.
As Wayne Ellis pointed out Qualcomm and BirdOPrey must get some credit for being on here answering questions at all hours, over weekends and bank holidays trying to problem solve, so thanks guys.

Now addressing this to the person(s) who initiated the change;
What were you thinking of?
So close to the season starting? Really?
From our side all this site needed was a £ sign to work, Tapatalk compatability, and a separate area for game day chat. I am no tech guru but that should not have been too hard.
I can appreciate you fancied a chintzy new background and altering the sponsors bit.
Surely that should have been easy enough, instead of which we get a whole new system that does not work properly, the overnight update has now taken 12 days and is still not working properly. The season has started and our site is still second rate!
I won't re list all the outstanding issues, everyone knows what they are, hopefully somebody somewhere in authority at NFLUK is asking questions and maybe just maybe they would like to offer some answers.
Old 05.09.2014, 10:21 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
The 'Remember Me' function should be working better now. I am seeing my password (in dots) appear when i signed in for the first time today.
Had to sign in again on IE.
Hope you are being paid extra for all this grief
Old 05.09.2014, 10:26 AM
Pro Bowler

Angry

Using my tablet last night, trying to send a PM, unable to do so as i kept getting signed out....in fact after navigating the forums for a few minutes and trying to post in threads, signed out!
This is getting really annoying and why on earth it had to be done so close to the start of the season (if at all), i'll never understand.
Site is pretty close to unusable atm, mainly on devises other than PC, and it is very frustrating!
Old 05.09.2014, 10:37 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualcomm View Post
Yes, user name remembered and password starred, that's a move forward. Still getting logged out for no logical reason though.
Old 05.09.2014, 11:08 AM
All Pro

Been away about an hour and a half, had to log in again.
Old 05.09.2014, 11:15 AM
MVP

The sponsors look rather well spread out at the bottom of the page! 3 rows of them?
Old 05.09.2014, 11:17 AM
GOAT

Still unable to log in via a work PC on IE8 - not too bothered with having to log in each time but would be good not to have to but this is only a minor irritation the real bug bear for me is the IE8 issue
Old 05.09.2014, 12:23 PM
Rookie

I still can't login using IE9, having to use chrome.