PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2557 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 07.09.2014, 08:50 PM
Rookie

Wow didn't see that coming in the 1st half and with all lbs out. Both lines dominated 2nd half and tannehill stepped up, great win and at least there is some hope for the season now.
Old 07.09.2014, 09:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Overpowered. Outfought and out willed the opposition. The 2 lines were excellent, and the back up LBs were outstanding, but for me the Secondary really stepped up.

Edelman was the key. Brady looked lost once he was taken out of the game. Gronkowski repeatedly had 2 Safeties and a LB draped all over him. Was able to condense the game between the numbers.NE have very little wideout.

But Cameron Wake. Wonderful. As a fan I was willing him to show before certain snaps...and pretty much without fail he got in Bradys face. Great performance.

Buffalo next. Not a happy hunting ground, but we go there with some optimism.
Old 07.09.2014, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
But Cameron Wake. Wonderful. As a fan I was willing him to show before certain snaps...and pretty much without fail he got in Bradys face. Great performance.
Yeah same here... certain snaps I would focus my attention on him, thinking we really need him to put pressure on this play.... and everytime I did that he seemed to deliver!!

The guy is just a beast... 32 years old and pretty much as good as any DE in the game. It's not just the sacks and FF... it's his motor... the pressure he applies just seems relentless at times.

But of course that's something we all knew about him anyway... but even though I know how good he is... I still find myself amazed at his play nearly everytime I watch him!

Just a shame he was such a late bloomer... feels like he's only been in the NFL for 5 mins and he's already 32!

Last edited by Cornishman32; 07.09.2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07.09.2014, 09:33 PM
MVP

How bout dem Dolphins?

Moreno's determination and attitude seemed to rub off and that second half everyone was pumped.

Tannehill's accuracy was off, which is a concern, but we overcome those turnovers and recorded a dominant post halftime performance.

I like it !!
Old 07.09.2014, 10:00 PM
Hall of Fame

At least Tom repeatedly hit the ground for a reason today

Old 07.09.2014, 10:23 PM
GOAT

Well now I was quite concerned with our performance with all those turnovers in the first half.. Miami do not do well coming back from a deficit and I felt all the momentum was with NE.. I do not know what was said at half time but the Dolphins came out and dominated the third and fourth quarters. Pressure and sacks on Brady..turnovers... running the ball well with over 190 yards and a TD..a nice passing game with 2 TDs and outscoring the Patriots 23-0... is it too early to say Dolphins Football is back.. yes probably although I think Miami fans can beforgiven for being over jubilent for such a good win on opening day over the most successful team in our division and the AFC over the last decade....

Now with the next two weeks seeing us face off against the Bills and then the Chiefs before going into Wembley and the Raiders.. I think is is ok to feel very positive about our chances of going int the bye 4-0... I think the Bills will play us tough and I dont think the Raiders will be a push over but we just dominated the Patriots .. the Patriots...a team I have almost come to expect us to lose to with regularity or have us throw it away with daft mistakes or uncorrected mismatches etc..

I say.. based on today's game the future looks bright but I do have to remind myself it is just day 1 of a 16 game, 17 week season..

I predict a 12-4 season
Old 07.09.2014, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Tom Brady is now 6-7 all-time in Miami. The Dolphins have played him surprisingly tough over the years considdering how dominant thay have been in comparison to the Fins over that timespan.

It's not quite such a pretty record in Foxboro though!
Old 07.09.2014, 10:45 PM
GOAT

Dear Tom Brady:

Dry your eyes mate
I know it’s hard to take but your team just could not keep up
There’s plenty more fish(mammals - Dolphins are mammals ) in the sea
Dry your eyes mate
I know you want to make us all see how much this pain hurts
But you’ve got to walk away now
It’s over ....

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...44&oe=5496CA34

Old 08.09.2014, 11:55 AM
MVP

Love this picture from MMQB:

Old 08.09.2014, 01:35 PM
Team Captain

First time poster long time reader here, hi all!

Must admit after going 20-10 down and heading into half time I didn't know if we'd have a chance in the second half but wow, that third quarter was insane, and limiting them to 67yds in the second half is just incredible.

Key points for me

Cam Wake - 2 sacks/strips singlehandedly turned this game around for us, him and OV DE combo best in the league surely? massive contribution and put pressure on Brady which had him trembling towards the end

Linebackers - McCain looks like an absolute diamond what a start to his NFL career! trusnik and jenkins also looked pretty solid with good tackling and pass coverage throughout the game. Sounds harsh but almost a blessing that we lost our starting LB's in the first quarter as we seemed to improve from there onwards. Wheeler may find it hard to get back in the team when his thumb heals?

Tannehill - not a great start, supposed to be working on getting rid of the ball quicker but we didn't see that despite the OL holding up extremely well. His pick came from a panic release which he should have just held or grounded IMO but hopefully just a one off. Some of the other passing wasn't great either but hoping for improvement against the bills.

OL - brilliant match, so much is made of vince wilfork but he was made to look stupid at times! sold play alround from the guards and center, with Albert and JJ protecting RT brilliantly. Amazing to think this has turned from our biggest weakness into actually one of our key strengths!

Now on to Buffalo where we can get some revenge from that end of season embarrassment and show them who we really are!