PHINS FANS OPINIONS! - Page 2572 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 27.09.2014, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Hope you all have a great day out tomorrow. May the least worst team win.
Old 28.09.2014, 08:52 AM
All Pro

Hope all of you have a great day today,sadly I can't make this one. Go phins
Old 28.09.2014, 09:49 PM
Rookie

Great day great performance from the Phins made the raiders look really bad which they were. They just couldn't stop our offence and the d stuffed them completely after the first drive. Only disappointing thing was we didn't get 40 points which we haven't managed for over 10 years now.
Old 28.09.2014, 10:54 PM
All Pro

Great time tonight good to see us turn someone over for once. Good atmosphere from where i was apart from yhe 4 guys behind who chatted utter nonsense about anything over than football all game!

Wished we'd gone over 40 points too, was doing my best tony sporano fist pump at the ready then we ran on 4th and 3 instead of kicking an easy 3 to push over 40.

Still cant complain good win and 2-2 now. Hopefully get some guys back and iron out the problems in the bye.
Old 29.09.2014, 10:26 AM
Team Captain

And Tannehill answers his critics with the best performance of his career and a QB rating of 109, 14 consecutive completions, 35 rushing yards (please do this more RT!), to play like that under massive pressure and the distractions during the week showed real class I think.

Not going to get carried away though. Worst team in the league, 3 turnovers and 2 TD allowed, some stupid penalties (please can someone explain illegal formation to me?) but I'm optimistic we'll have starks, jones, misi, pouncey and clay 100% which will be huge for us, not to mention the confidence boost.

Hope you all had a good time and got back safe, those who went.
Old 29.09.2014, 05:08 PM
MVP

Had an brilliant day! Didn't get home until about 3am thanks to a closed M1...

Thought the atmosphere was excellent, and pretty sure Dolphins fans were more numerous than the Raiders. Was absolutely thrilling to see thousands of Dolfans in one place, all us UK fans together at once, felt really good.

And the team really showed up, was worried after the opening drive, but the D didn't miss a beat after that, and the offensive gameplan was excellent. We really did destroy them and if it wasn't for a couple of miscues of our own (Miller's fumble on the goalline for example) the score could have been greater. Tannehill, Miller, Wallace, Hartline, all our main offensive guys turned up and put a good performance in.

Lazor called an excellent game, a few specifics I noticed, was that triple wideout set totally confused them, and we really run the ball well out of the shotgun, Tannehill's disguise on his play action and read option type plays is really good, something you don't see so much on the telly.

Enjoyed Def Leppard pre-game, basically all in all a brilliant day, and we got to see out Fins put in a great performance and really good win.

People will say it was 'only' the Raiders, but the Pats had trouble with them, and we still had to turn up and play like that. After the last 2 weeks it's nice to have some hope back, whilst this QB thing in the week was terribly handled, just maybe it put a rocket under Tannehill's behind and might just get him back on track.
Old 29.09.2014, 05:35 PM
Hall of Fame

My friends weren't delighted with the blowout but I loved every minute. As Duper said, the Raiders gave the Pats and Jets a tough game so to win so comfortably is a good sign.

Great to see the huge number of Phins fans out in force.
Old 29.09.2014, 05:35 PM
Team Captain

Echo all that Duper said.
I was there for the weekend, so enjoyed Regent street also.
Managed to get within 2 feet of Marino as he came off stage to get in his limo.
Got a picture with Bob Griese just before the game, had a quick word with Bill Levy (ref) after the game and had a chat with Jason Trusnik's dad.
The team played well and the results capped a great weekend.
I chatted with several people, a lot came over and commented on my game shirt as I wore 72 with the name "undefeated" on it. Not everybody would have got it, but them that did came over and chatted.
Old 29.09.2014, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Really enjoyed the day out... after so many Dolphin disappointments over the last few years, it was awesome to see them not disappoint on our stage.

Might have 'only' been the Raiders.... but they did what better teams should be able to do to the lesser teams.... and dispatch them comprehensively.

Couldn't really believe what I was seeing TBH... it's so weird to watch a Dolphins game and nearly everything go right! Like some of you have said.... they were playing so well, got to 38 points so quickly, it almost ended up being adisappointment that they didn't hit 40. Certainly not complaining though!

And agree with dupes... seeing the fans around Regent Street on Saturday, and then at Wembley yesterday, I'm certain the Dolphins fans did outnumber the Raiders, and reaffirmed that despite the struggles of the last 15 years, the Dolphins are still one of the top supported teams in the UK.
Old 29.09.2014, 07:07 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze View Post
Echo all that Duper said.
I was there for the weekend, so enjoyed Regent street also.
Managed to get within 2 feet of Marino as he came off stage to get in his limo.
Got a picture with Bob Griese just before the game, had a quick word with Bill Levy (ref) after the game and had a chat with Jason Trusnik's dad.
The team played well and the results capped a great weekend.
I chatted with several people, a lot came over and commented on my game shirt as I wore 72 with the name "undefeated" on it. Not everybody would have got it, but them that did came over and chatted.
So that was you. Saw you at The Hilton waiting for the players to board the coaches. I had to explain your shirt to my lad (Giants fan). Great shirt.