NFLUK Dolfan Keeper League - Page 111 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Miami Dolphins

Old 12.08.2016, 03:39 PM
Rookie

I'll be up for joining this, I was too late to join when it started but would like to join the Watford Phins up now if possible. I'm going to be away for a week from tomorrow but if you PM me I'll pick it up when I'm back.
Old 12.08.2016, 05:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul516 View Post
I'll be up for joining this, I was too late to join when it started but would like to join the Watford Phins up now if possible. I'm going to be away for a week from tomorrow but if you PM me I'll pick it up when I'm back.
Can you PM me an email address and I'll send you an invite to take over the Cornish Crushers.
You can then re name them and chose which players you want to keep for next season.
Welcome Aboard
Old 13.08.2016, 09:36 AM
All Pro

Confirmed returning teams;
Pounceys Maulers
Blue Lou Fins
Jake Long Shots
Cetacean Nation
PBT Dolphins
Yorkshire Whippets
Foo Fighters
Edinburgh Phin
Wooden Spoon Warriors
Blackpool Donkeys
Miami Sharks
Watford Phins

That's 12 so far. Many members take a break from here in the off season but with only a couple of weeks to the draft and season start we are cutting things a bit fine.
I'll put a post in the main chat thread to see if anyone else is interested. If we have less than last year we can always drop a division or if we have an odd number we can always auto draft a team and run it blind picking the starting team from the FF score predictions.
Old 13.08.2016, 09:52 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
Pounceys Maulers
Blue Lou Fins
Jake Long Shots
Cetacean Nation
PBT Dolphins
Yorkshire Whippets
Foo Fighters
Edinburgh Phin
Wooden Spoon Warriors
Blackpool Donkeys
Miami Sharks
Watford Phins

That's 12 so far. Many members take a break from here in the off season but with only a couple of weeks to the draft and season start we are cutting things a bit fine.
I'll put a post in the main chat thread to see if anyone else is interested. If we have less than last year we can always drop a division or if we have an odd number we can always auto draft a team and run it blind picking the starting team from the FF score predictions.
Perhaps we set a cut off date & then open it to others after that point?
Old 13.08.2016, 09:52 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Pounceys Maulers
Blue Lou Fins
Jake Long Shots
Cetacean Nation
PBT Dolphins
Yorkshire Whippets
Foo Fighters
Edinburgh Phin
Wooden Spoon Warriors
Blackpool Donkeys
Miami Sharks
Watford Phins

If we have had four teams drop out and we can recruit four replacements, then that would be great. However, if we can't do that then going with 12 teams would make more sense because it would keep the remaining three divisions even, adding another couple of teams would make them uneven, unless of course we add three teams to make three five team divisions.

The other benefit of 12 teams is that it helps the free agent pool. With sixteen teams you would have to keep a backup QB because come bye week you'll be struggling, and if your main QB goes down, you can't rely on getting his replacement on waivers or that his replacement is even going to be worthwhile. With 12 teams that shouldn't be an issue since there will be free agent QBs. Likewise it might help in other positions or leave some of those speculative breakout candidates left available.

That said, if we can get four new teams that will be good news. But if we can't, 12 teams is good enough and we can always create a waiting list to add the fourth division back next year.
Old 14.08.2016, 11:48 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1989 View Post
If we have had four teams drop out and we can recruit four replacements, then that would be great. However, if we can't do that then going with 12 teams would make more sense because it would keep the remaining three divisions even, adding another couple of teams would make them uneven, unless of course we add three teams to make three five team divisions.

The other benefit of 12 teams is that it helps the free agent pool. With sixteen teams you would have to keep a backup QB because come bye week you'll be struggling, and if your main QB goes down, you can't rely on getting his replacement on waivers or that his replacement is even going to be worthwhile. With 12 teams that shouldn't be an issue since there will be free agent QBs. Likewise it might help in other positions or leave some of those speculative breakout candidates left available.

That said, if we can get four new teams that will be good news. But if we can't, 12 teams is good enough and we can always create a waiting list to add the fourth division back next year.
That's pretty much the plan. I posted on the Phins Fans Opinions thread and we have gained the Watford Phins.
To be fair to everyone I think the cut off date needs to be 21/8/16 so that you all have a couple of weeks to plan your draft strategy (or sharpening your lucky pin as it is known in this house) and for me to restructure the league.
I'll send another reminder to everyone by email and post the cut off date in the main chat thread.
Old 14.08.2016, 04:56 PM
All Pro

Pounceys Maulers
Blue Lou Fins
Jake Long Shots
Cetacean Nation
PBT Dolphins
Yorkshire Whippets
Foo Fighters
Edinburgh Phin
Wooden Spoon Warriors
Blackpool Donkeys
Miami Sharks
Watford Phins
Wackos Warriors

That's 13 so far.
Old 15.08.2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
WHAT

Come on, you know you'll miss it.
We'll miss you, if you decide to come back you'll be welcome
Thanks man... I may come back in the future if the opportunity presents itself. Just need a break for a year of two I think!
Old 15.08.2016, 07:42 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornishman32 View Post
Thanks man... I may come back in the future if the opportunity presents itself. Just need a break for a year of two I think!
TWO?
TWO?
You have permission for a one year hiatus. You are expected back in 2017, vacancies permitting.
Two years my posterior
Old 15.08.2016, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
TWO?
TWO?
You have permission for a one year hiatus. You are expected back in 2017, vacancies permitting.
Two years my posterior
Lol... we'll see then! I'll probably be missing it and regret my decision as soon as draft night rolls around!