Teams and dates of the 2018 NFL London Games are due to be released January - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > 2019 London Games

Old 30.12.2017, 08:18 AM
Starter

Do wonder if they will wait and announce everything at the Superbowl now?
Old 30.12.2017, 05:02 PM
Starter

Do you think the delay is due to still negotiating on the teams, or waiting to see if WHL will be ready for the start of next season?
Old 30.12.2017, 05:15 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhemers View Post
Do you think the delay is due to still negotiating on the teams, or waiting to see if WHL will be ready for the start of next season?
I would think by now the people managing the construction of WHL will have a good idea if it will be ready by September/October. I can't see that an extra 2 or 3 weeks in the middle of winter is going to make much difference in making that decision.
Old 30.12.2017, 08:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
Do wonder if they will wait and announce everything at the Superbowl now?
Most likely Goodell will announce it on stage before he hands the trophy to the winning owner.

I think some random Thursday afternoon in January on Sky Sports news or Facebook is more on point.
Old 30.12.2017, 11:59 PM
Team Captain

The commissioner gives a state of the league address during Super Bowl week so an announcement of the games then would be a possibility. But it would be bad timing from a P.R. perspective.

The focus of fans and the media will be on the game itself, so the news would be buried by that. And it takes away the opportunity for two separate big engagements with the media.
Old 02.01.2018, 11:00 AM
Pro

Official list of 2018 opponents posted to main NFL.com site.
We can speculate properly now
Old 02.01.2018, 11:27 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepuma View Post
That's your interpretation...I have never bigged up anything, simply said from my dealings I have witnessed a reduction in interest for tickets for the London games this year compared to previous.
Didn’t big anything up? You came on here and freely offered up the statement that you had a “vested interest” and could “100% guarantee” your claims.

Then, when repeatedly asked about expanding on that, you clammed up, resorted to ‘lols’ and now are backtracking so rapidly you are disappearing into our rear-view mirrors. You are merely an irritating troll.

Either front up or shut up.
Old 02.01.2018, 12:56 PM
Pro

at least the money stays in your pocket a bit longer as they delay the announcement!
Old 02.01.2018, 02:15 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Allens Retrobates View Post
at least the money stays in your pocket a bit longer as they delay the announcement!
Good point. I’ve always thought right after Christmas is a pain. Without the paying in instalments options I wouldn’t be renewing.
Old 02.01.2018, 06:26 PM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Didn’t big anything up? You came on here and freely offered up the statement that you had a “vested interest” and could “100% guarantee” your claims.

Then, when repeatedly asked about expanding on that, you clammed up, resorted to ‘lols’ and now are backtracking so rapidly you are disappearing into our rear-view mirrors. You are merely an irritating troll.

Either front up or shut up.
Pipe down...nobody has backtracked whatsoever (other than in your little mind where people bow down to your whims)

Yes I have a vested interest in game tickets and have done for 5 years...and NO, I'm not going to disclose why.

If you don't believe me then tough luck buddy, it's no skin off my nose. If you can't just understand that I don't want to discuss my private dealings with a bunch of strangers on the internet then so be it.

Maybe when you make the trip from Bonnie Scotland to one of the games in September/October, we can meet up for a drink and I will discuss it with you there.