Premier League Thread - Page 3066 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

Old 18.12.2018, 06:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Mourinho spent too much time looking inwardly to pick fights and arguments within his own club instead of focusing on game management

A fully focused Mourinho would never have set up his team and allowed his players to play with such ill discipline as they did in the defeat to Liverpool

I'm of the opinion there was a bit of self inflicted sabotage from Mourinho in all this. Was never happy with his lot at ManU and never committed to it long term.

He was after 30 months still living out of a hotel room. The PL equivalent of Alan Partridge living in his Linton Travel Tavern
Old 18.12.2018, 07:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-minute drill View Post
poch time ? squatters have no rights
it would cost £20m+ to even get Levy on the phone.
Old 18.12.2018, 07:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
Jose didn't make it to Christmas then...
who ever goes in full time in the summer is stuck with a squad full of old players that need moving on or players who only fit the Jose way of playing.good luck,this will be a 2 year rebuild but United cant afford that much time out of the CL.

wonder if Wenger fancy's another challenge if not how about Brendan Rodgers,maybe the best available but because he managed Liverpool the fans will scream about it but what he started at Liverpool should be what they can look forward too.
Old 18.12.2018, 07:38 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to Paul_Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post

Money no object to United and they are a big club who have got money to spend, not a want to be teamn that has gone as far as they can go, that can only go backwards unless they invest more money which until the stadium is paid off they won't have and by wish time so Poch will have been most likly sacked if he has not left. If United want him he will be their next manager.
Old 18.12.2018, 08:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Dixon View Post
Money no object to United and they are a big club who have got money to spend, not a want to be teamn that has gone as far as they can go, that can only go backwards unless they invest more money which until the stadium is paid off they won't have and by wish time so Poch will have been most likly sacked if he has not left. If United want him he will be their next manager.
fair point but for United to spend £20m getting rid of Jose and £20m+ buying out Poch then giving him a £10m a year deal its getting expensive without the guarantee of CL football which some of there contract are tied too.

havent United since Fergie been about getting managers who are out of contract or cheap rather than paying,isnt that why Zidane/Blanc keep getting linked.
Old 18.12.2018, 08:40 PM
MVP

Quote:
fair point but for United to spend £20m getting rid of Jose and £20m+ buying out Poch then giving him a £10m a year deal its getting expensive without the guarantee of CL football which some of there contract are tied too.

havent United since Fergie been about getting managers who are out of contract or cheap rather than paying,isnt that why Zidane/Blanc keep getting linked.
They can recoup that by getting rid of Pogba. This year is obviously a write-off so there is no pressure on the caretaker for the rest of the season (looking like it might be the guy who put the ball in the Germans' net). Woodward needs to go next.
Old 18.12.2018, 08:56 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
Nah, not having that.

Social media is a pain in the...... Some players just aren't professional enough to resist using it at the wrong time (in the wrong way). It's just childish.

Jose didn't help the situation with the players, nor did the media, but the players themselves played their part.

(Edit - didn't realise Ian Wright also put forward the idea of the Pogba tweet being 'sponsored' or 'automated'. I'm out of touch with how social media truly works, but I still find it hard to believe that tweet couldn't have been avoided/wasn't intentional. Actually, why's Ian Wright getting involved in all this anyway? I see he's deleted his initial response to Neville's tweet too)

it does seem likely on than that tweet tbh.

surely it would of been a couple more posts that just one and the # were used, it was probably setup to go out.

i dont doubt he would do something like that and again he would have the right to say something a lot stronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash11 View Post
Mourinho spent too much time looking inwardly to pick fights and arguments within his own club instead of focusing on game management

A fully focused Mourinho would never have set up his team and allowed his players to play with such ill discipline as they did in the defeat to Liverpool

I'm of the opinion there was a bit of self inflicted sabotage from Mourinho in all this. Was never happy with his lot at ManU and never committed to it long term.

He was after 30 months still living out of a hotel room. The PL equivalent of Alan Partridge living in his Linton Travel Tavern

indeed. some of the things he said and teams he has put out have been screaming fire me please and give me my money.

he would of made Partridge seem like the dream guest

Quote:

who ever goes in full time in the summer is stuck with a squad full of old players that need moving on or players who only fit the Jose way of playing.good luck,this will be a 2 year rebuild but United cant afford that much time out of the CL.

wonder if Wenger fancy's another challenge if not how about Brendan Rodgers,maybe the best available but because he managed Liverpool the fans will scream about it but what he started at Liverpool should be what they can look forward too.

i dont think he would go but money wouldnt be the issue if you are trying to be successful then you need to get the best guy you can.

not really, that squad has some holes but enough talent with a good manager.

Zidane could work out of be another disaster.

Wenger could be a good fit at this moment.
Old 18.12.2018, 08:56 PM
MVP

United wanted Alderweirald last year and Spurs said no. To let the manager walk now would be pretty damaging as a message to the fans and to the players in the dressing room. To be honest I don’t think Man United is necessarily that attractive a job to someone like Pochettino. They’re not the best team in the country anymore; they’re not even the best in Manchester. The scrutiny is huge but it seems chaotic behind the scenes. Manchester doesn’t have the appeal of London as a city for most foreign managers. And I think for Pochettino the PSG job or Madrid job would be more attractive if he was gonna leave.
Old 18.12.2018, 09:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Bob View Post
United wanted Alderweirald last year and Spurs said no. To let the manager walk now would be pretty damaging as a message to the fans and to the players in the dressing room. To be honest I don’t think Man United is necessarily that attractive a job to someone like Pochettino. They’re not the best team in the country anymore; they’re not even the best in Manchester. The scrutiny is huge but it seems chaotic behind the scenes. Manchester doesn’t have the appeal of London as a city for most foreign managers. And I think for Pochettino the PSG job or Madrid job would be more attractive if he was gonna leave.
think Spurs where open to selling Toby but the price was over £50m and the board having spent money on Bailly and Linderof probably said not at that price(think if we trigger his contract clause this june he can go for around £20m so he will go in January for £30m+ hopefully).
Old 19.12.2018, 11:30 AM
MVP

So who is going to be the caretaker for the caretaker if Solskjaer goes back to Molde when their season starts again in March?