The Cricket Thread - Page 253 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic - Sports

  #2521  
Old 29.07.2014, 07:36 AM
mde203's Avatar
mde203 mde203 is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 29.12.2008
Posts: 6,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltonian View Post
I don't know if anybody out there agrees with me
but I don't understand why England still aren't
playing a full time spinner, I would leave out
Robson or Ali, if Robson I would move up Root
or Bell to open, if Ali just move Buttler up to 6.
We still need 20 wickets to win test matches
and we could score 750 in our 1st innings and it
wouldn't matter because we can't bowl people
out. And another point I would like to make is
why are we so rigid in our batting line-up, why
we put Root and Ali in(15) in about 60 balls
when we have Buttler and Broad in the hutch,
which would make sence as we need every ball
we need to get 20 wickets, but for me Cook will
and always will play negative and scared.
Moeen Ali is more than capable of scoring runs quickly, just like Buttler did yesterday. Keeping with that batting line-up is no problem at all if you ask me- yes we needed to score more quickly, but when Ballance got out we still needed to build the score and Root was the right person to send in.

I'd like to see a specialist spinner play too- and I'd like it to be Kerrigan- but the truth is that even the best spinner we have isn't that much better than Moeen Ali.
Reply With Quote
  #2522  
Old 29.07.2014, 08:27 AM
Jetupandgo's Avatar
Jetupandgo Jetupandgo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 2,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mde203 View Post
Moeen Ali is more than capable of scoring runs quickly, just like Buttler did yesterday. Keeping with that batting line-up is no problem at all if you ask me- yes we needed to score more quickly, but when Ballance got out we still needed to build the score and Root was the right person to send in.

I'd like to see a specialist spinner play too- and I'd like it to be Kerrigan- but the truth is that even the best spinner we have isn't that much better than Moeen Ali.
And that's the real issue, clearly. Except in very rare circumstances scoring quickly in a Test match is scoring 5+ runs an over. No need to go T20 mode very often.
Reply With Quote
  #2523  
Old 29.07.2014, 11:26 AM
Manveer1's Avatar
Manveer1 Manveer1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.07.2009
Posts: 1,762
Default

Good start England.
Reply With Quote
  #2524  
Old 29.07.2014, 11:50 AM
Pedal Bin's Avatar
Pedal Bin Pedal Bin is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 30.10.2005
Posts: 7,935
Default

And another poor decision from Rob Tucker.
Reply With Quote
  #2525  
Old 29.07.2014, 11:50 AM
tksgtmason's Avatar
tksgtmason tksgtmason is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: 24.04.2006
Posts: 11,456
Default

Boundary an over is excellent at test cricket.

Just keep chipping away at the wickets. Keep getting them regulary enough. And we can win this
Reply With Quote
  #2526  
Old 29.07.2014, 01:13 PM
Jetupandgo's Avatar
Jetupandgo Jetupandgo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 2,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post
And another poor decision from Rob Tucker.
You mean the glove down the leg side? I don't really think that was such a bad decision, hard to be sure that flicked the glove for an umpire.

Another wicket as I type - Kohli!
Reply With Quote
  #2527  
Old 29.07.2014, 02:23 PM
Manveer1's Avatar
Manveer1 Manveer1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.07.2009
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
You mean the glove down the leg side? I don't really think that was such a bad decision, hard to be sure that flicked the glove for an umpire.

Another wicket as I type - Kohli!
India media going crazy at his gf because hes dating a bollywood actress and they are saying its distracting him lol, visiting the hotel and getting up to no good
Reply With Quote
  #2528  
Old 29.07.2014, 02:26 PM
Jetupandgo's Avatar
Jetupandgo Jetupandgo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 2,236
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manveer1 View Post
India media going crazy at his gf because hes dating a bollywood actress and they are saying its distracting him lol, visiting the hotel and getting up to no good
There are worse distractions to have than that...

You really need to stop getting me to respond Manveer - Sharma's gone now!

Last edited by Jetupandgo; 29.07.2014 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2529  
Old 29.07.2014, 03:46 PM
Manveer1's Avatar
Manveer1 Manveer1 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.07.2009
Posts: 1,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetupandgo View Post
There are worse distractions to have than that...

You really need to stop getting me to respond Manveer - Sharma's gone now!
Haha...I was on this thread when India lost every game here a few years ago, aka nothing can stop me commenting on this thread . England playing very well so far this match.

Im going to Old Trafford day 3 next week, if Ashwin is not playing I will be kicking off
Reply With Quote
  #2530  
Old 29.07.2014, 04:44 PM
Jetupandgo's Avatar
Jetupandgo Jetupandgo is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 29.11.2012
Posts: 2,236
Default

If Ashwin doesn't play at OT the Indian selectors need their heads examined. If a spinner is effective on any Test ground in England it's OT.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 09:03 AM.