Predictions vs Oakland - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Pittsburgh Steelers

Old 17.09.2012, 02:13 PM
Pro Bowler

Question Predictions vs Oakland

So we're back on an even keel, and the world is infinitely a brighter place today after a comfortable Steelers victory!

Now it's off to the West Coast to play the Raiders. I remember a recent game there when Ben threw four picks a week after being knocked out cold in Atlanta - he should never have been allowed to play!

Will Pittsburgh build on the Jets win to go to the bye at 2-1, or will the nightmares of that game return to haunt them?
Old 17.09.2012, 03:47 PM
MVP

Raiders 2012:
1st half scores 16-17
2nd half scores 11-40

Shut down the Chargers running game, got destroyed by Reggie Bush.
Palmer? Averaging 47 attempts and 335 ypg.
McFadden? 26 rushes, 54 yards...15 receptions, 105 yards.

Steelers, you are facing a very strange team here. Don't be surprised if at any stage we look like winning, and then randomly collapse, turning to jelly.

I have to imagine that the Offense will start running the ball, that it can score over 20 points and that the D will manage 4 quarters of what it did for 5 quarters of the first 2 games so far. Marginal Oakland win, hoping against all hope.
Old 17.09.2012, 06:14 PM
Starter

To be honest, i think the Raiders are going to get gubbed !!

but ive been wrong in the past !!
Old 17.09.2012, 09:00 PM
Pro

I think steelers will take go 2-1 into bye week. Many questions around the O line but if Ben can do what he did against the Jets and Denver and avoid sack we will be just fine.

Wallace got more rec this week, and as weeks go on by and he gets more familiar with Haley's offense, expect many more.
Old 17.09.2012, 11:18 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid Iron Fan View Post
To be honest, i think the Raiders are going to get gubbed !!

but ive been wrong in the past !!
I wouldn't worry Raiders fans. Steelers on the road is an entirely different team to the fired up one at Heinz Field. Expect a close game
Old 19.09.2012, 09:08 AM
All Pro

I'm feeling up beat about this, Ben played great on Sunday, he's had a few shockers in Oakland, but i think that will spur him on to greatness in this one . . . I'm thinking +400 yards through the air . . .

Steelers 34 Raiders 13
Old 19.09.2012, 09:22 AM
Pro Bowler

Thumbs up

Yeah, like your thinking here TT. Sure, we'd like to run it more effectively, but do what we do best and put this in the win column early, then regroup during the bye week.

The trade for Carson Palmer must go down as one of the all time bone-headed ideas in the NFL. Get to him early & often with the blitz and we'll see the happy feet and that vacant, perplexed expression all over his face.

Time then for some of those "splash" plays on Defense. My man Ryan Clark brought some energy & enthusiasm to the unit last week, so let's get the reward this week with a turnover or two, maybe a pick six?

Steelers 31 - 20 Raiders

Big game for Big Ben, and another TD or two for Miller.
Old 19.09.2012, 09:26 AM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Dreamer View Post
Yeah, like your thinking here TT. Sure, we'd like to run it more effectively, but do what we do best and put this in the win column early, then regroup during the bye week.

The trade for Carson Palmer must go down as one of the all time bone-headed ideas in the NFL. Get to him early & often with the blitz and we'll see the happy feet and that vacant, perplexed expression all over his face.

Time then for some of those "splash" plays on Defense. My man Ryan Clark brought some energy & enthusiasm to the unit last week, so let's get the reward this week with a turnover or two, maybe a pick six?

Steelers 31 - 20 Raiders

Big game for Big Ben, and another TD or two for Miller.

check this out . . .

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/09...at-cornerback/
Old 19.09.2012, 09:31 AM
All Pro

I'm with TT on this and extremely positive! Oakland secondary has more injuries than our o-line and Ben, Brown & Wallace will all have massive games.

I reckon we win dominantly 41-13 and go top of the division as the bungals get Griffined and the patsys destroy the ratbirds in SNF.

Then we have an early bye week which gives Mendy/Troy/Deebo a week to heal up in time for a tough trip across state.
Old 19.09.2012, 09:36 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiremulisha View Post
I'm with TT on this and extremely positive! Oakland secondary has more injuries than our o-line and Ben, Brown & Wallace will all have massive games.

I reckon we win dominantly 41-13 and go top of the division as the bungals get Griffined and the patsys destroy the ratbirds in SNF.

Then we have an early bye week which gives Mendy/Troy/Deebo a week to heal up in time for a tough trip across state.
C'mon Chesh, we get to play the Eagles at Heinz Field!