Week 6. Jaguars @ Cowboys. - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 14.10.2018, 10:00 PM
MVP

This is so the NFL though. Our feeble offense handing it to the Jags defense.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.10.2018, 10:19 PM
GOAT

so it turns out the Jags suck
Old 15.10.2018, 01:17 AM
Team Captain

Well, I was right about the routine win...
Old 15.10.2018, 08:06 AM
Hall of Fame

Not game related per se, but Connor McGregor really is unique. The guy hasnt done anything good in about 18 months, and just got dominated in his last fight, yet here he is strutting around AT&T with just about every Cowboy mimicking him. Of course, Khabib goes to visit Putin, so McGregor visits America's Team. #Coldwar

Back to the game. The 3rd quarter was what I expected from the entire game, thankfully a great 1st half had already put the game to bed. Intrigued to see if they can find a way to win on the road now.
Old 15.10.2018, 10:35 AM
MVP

Ok, own up, who had Cowboys 40 Jags 7? Hahaha

Ridiculous. I'm more inclined to believe its the Jags struggling right now rather than the rise to the Playoffs for our offense. Still, great to see Dak playing better.
Old 15.10.2018, 01:19 PM
MVP

Good Lord that was the worst display I have seen in ages. Previously we were bad, because we were a bad team with no talent. In the space of two weeks we have gone from looking like a good team that had a bad game, to bad team that flukes a couple of good games.

The offence is littered with injuries, best WR out, another likely to go on IR today, two out of our three Running Backs injured (one for the season). Starting LT on IR, back up LT on IR. One TE on IR, then other out last night with a knee injury. We are having to sign people of the street just to get 53 on the roster.

However there's not much wrong with the Defence. Yes a couple are carry knocks, but every teams has them and Ramsey looked far too lame on one leg last night in the second half to be kept in the game.

Next up the Texans and their mobile QB who will no doubt run all over us. I have no idea where our next win is going to come from.

Bizarrely thought with the scum losing last night we are still join first in the Division. However if we lose to the Texans next week our season is pretty much over.

Might be another long day at Wembley too.
Old 15.10.2018, 04:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal Bin View Post

The offence is littered with injuries, best WR out, another likely to go on IR today, two out of our three Running Backs injured (one for the season). Starting LT on IR, back up LT on IR. One TE on IR, then other out last night with a knee injury. We are having to sign people of the street just to get 53 on the roster.
Yeah, for all the complaints Cowboys fans have had about our offence the Jags O is in a real mess. Without Cam Robinson and Fournette you're going to have a tough time producing much. We have to take our Defensive dominance with a pinch of salt given what you've pointed out.

Don't know what time of possession was like overall, and it doesn't excuse giving up 40 points, but the Jags D was out there a lot. The Cowboys had a couple of long drives. When your offence cant give you a breather it's going to be a long night!
Old 16.10.2018, 09:07 AM
MVP

Fournette out is a blow, but TJ Yeldon isn't exactly a disaster to have as the replacement. Its a better option than we'd have if Zeke went down.
Old 16.10.2018, 10:20 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
Fournette out is a blow, but TJ Yeldon isn't exactly a disaster to have as the replacement. Its a better option than we'd have if Zeke went down.
I don't think there is that much in it between Rod Smith and Yeldon.. Smith wasn't as highly touted coming out of college, 2nd rd vs undrafted, and Yeldon has had 10 times the touches as Smith in the last 3 years, but given the chance he might suprise a few people.

The Jags offence is poor though. Imagine the Cowboys with Rod Smith at RB, and Chaz Green at LT? The Jags receiving Corp and TE group is possibly a notch below the Cowboys too! Cowboys fans have felt like the offence is a lost cause at times this year, even WITH Zeke. I dont see much hope for Jags fans until Fournette returns other than the occasional Bortles scramble or a play out of nothing from someone like Westbrook.
Old 16.10.2018, 10:34 AM
MVP

Having Yeldon is fine. The problem is when Yeldon is then essentially it.
5 years ago if you'd told me we'd have Charles I'd think all my RB dreams had come true.

Whereas now we're trying to run an offense on a single running back, third string LT and a depleted WR/TE core.

I always said we were going to take a step back this year, but with that setup most teams will have troubles...