NFLShop.com Customs Charges - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL in the UK

Sponsored Links

Old 19.12.2012, 02:35 PM
Rookie

Default NFLShop.com Customs Charges

For those of you who have ordered from NFLSHop.com, do you have any idea how much customs you have paid on your items?

I've used the site once before and from what I remember I'm sure I paid around 20 pounds on a 60 pound jersey - around a 30% surcharge.

I bought some merchandise a few weeks ago which cost about 150 pounds. It was delivered today, but with a fee to pay of 127EURO (105GBP)?! That's a 60-70% fee which didn't sound right. I paid it to get the items, then spoke to UPS who claim the charges have been placed by the NFL Shop and nothing to do with them. Charges calculated in Euros and as the NFLShop import via Germany, I'm guessing it's German custom fees they're passing on to the customer.

I placed two orders (on the same day), each were split into two boxes. First order both boxes charged exactly 30,43EURO, the second both exactly 33,49EURO. Only thing I can think of is that in each instance they've calculated a customs charge for the total order, but applied this total charge to each box in the delivery (effectively doubling the fees). I think this would take the fee back down to the 30ish% I paid on my last order a few months ago.

I've emailed them and hopefully will get down to the bottom of it, but in the meantime it would be good to know if others have been hit with similarly high charges, or if this seems to be a one-off mistake?
Sponsored Links
Old 20.12.2012, 02:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat.P. View Post
For those of you who have ordered from NFLSHop.com, do you have any idea how much customs you have paid on your items?

I've used the site once before and from what I remember I'm sure I paid around 20 pounds on a 60 pound jersey - around a 30% surcharge.

I bought some merchandise a few weeks ago which cost about 150 pounds. It was delivered today, but with a fee to pay of 127EURO (105GBP)?! That's a 60-70% fee which didn't sound right. I paid it to get the items, then spoke to UPS who claim the charges have been placed by the NFL Shop and nothing to do with them. Charges calculated in Euros and as the NFLShop import via Germany, I'm guessing it's German custom fees they're passing on to the customer.

I placed two orders (on the same day), each were split into two boxes. First order both boxes charged exactly 30,43EURO, the second both exactly 33,49EURO. Only thing I can think of is that in each instance they've calculated a customs charge for the total order, but applied this total charge to each box in the delivery (effectively doubling the fees). I think this would take the fee back down to the 30ish% I paid on my last order a few months ago.

I've emailed them and hopefully will get down to the bottom of it, but in the meantime it would be good to know if others have been hit with similarly high charges, or if this seems to be a one-off mistake?
Kat

I have exactly the same problem, except worse! my fiance used the NFL Shop to buy 5 items in November, she paid $293.19 for the goods and another $83.65 for the shipping.

After a few delays and missed deliveries she finally signed for the 3 parcels yesterday but each parcel had a collection on delivery fee of
Old 20.12.2012, 03:31 PM
Starter

I spent $250 plus $38 shipping in September and UPS charged me £66. It came to £255 in total for an elite jersey which costs $250 so I paid about £90 to get the jersey to me.

Last edited by Saints2008; 20.12.2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 20.12.2012, 03:43 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbopm View Post
Kat

I have exactly the same problem, except worse! my fiance used the NFL Shop to buy 5 items in November, she paid $293.19 for the goods and another $83.65 for the shipping.

After a few delays and missed deliveries she finally signed for the 3 parcels yesterday but each parcel had a collection on delivery fee of
Good cliffhanger
Old 20.12.2012, 03:46 PM
Hall of Fame

I have to say the stories on her are scandalous!!!
Old 20.12.2012, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

This is something that I find disgraceful and nothing short of ripping off fans. At the next fan committe meeting I will be bringing this up. I really believe that the UK fan is seriously disadvantaged undervthese circumstances.

Mark
Old 20.12.2012, 06:49 PM
Team Captain

How much customs expense would you expect me to pay on a shirt worth $29.99?
Old 21.12.2012, 10:46 AM
Rookie

I ordered a limited RGIII jersey from NFLShop.com on Cyber Monday when they had a 15% discount running. The jersey was shipped via UPS. I had to pay £24.34 in VAT and admin fees. I paid £95.33 to the NFL website bringing the total to £119.67.

I used this site to work out the VAT due on the jersey and shipping. It came to £18.56. UPS are allowed to add a handling fee. In my experience, their fee is on the low side.

The amount of VAT owed depends on the item you are receiving. In general you should expect to pay VAT on any item you are importing from outside the EU.
Old 21.12.2012, 12:30 PM
Team Captain

I bought a White Newton Jersey for myself and a Johnson Lions jersey for the other half from the site.

Used 15% codes for both too and ended up paying just as much as i would've without the codes. After thinking i was getting the Newton jersey for £50 odd i paid just over £75 for it. (Customs charge)

As for the Lions jersey, it was a youths jersey but i was still paying more or less the same as i would've paid minus the discount code.

Learnt my lesson though. I'll be buying any future jerseys from Fansedge, they seem to be pretty decent.
Old 21.12.2012, 12:37 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider12 View Post
This is something that I find disgraceful and nothing short of ripping off fans. At the next fan committe meeting I will be bringing this up. I really believe that the UK fan is seriously disadvantaged undervthese circumstances.

Mark
Huh ?????

Nflshop.com dosen't charge VAT and Import Duty, The UK Government does.

What's Government Tax got to do with the Fan committee?

Maybe call your local MP and see if they'll agree to lobby for an exception to VAT and Import Duty rules for NFL merchandise?

Nflshop.com is really quite upfront about the fact the price dosen't include taxes levied by the government in the destination country. It's prominently stated on their site.