Draft 2016 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo
Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > San Francisco 49ers

Old 30.04.2016, 07:49 PM
Starter

Default Draft 2016

So, in top five rounds it's three offensive linemen, two DEs and two CBs. Offensive skill players untouched... I know there's holes to fill just about everywhere, but the offensive depth chart screams "32nd ranked" pretty loudly right now, and desperately needs an eye-catching playmaker. Perhaps right not to reach for a QB, and see what materialises this year (probably a top five selection!) Fixing the defense first makes sense, but whatever the outcome in W-L terms, it's not going to be pretty to watch.
Old 01.05.2016, 09:55 PM
All Pro

I like that we got Buckner, hopefully we actually have a D lineman now who can hit Russell Wilson. Evidently we are going to be heavy running team so hopefully Hyde holds together better next year. Guess we resign Boldin now?
Old 03.05.2016, 09:29 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest49 View Post
So, in top five rounds it's three offensive linemen, two DEs and two CBs. Offensive skill players untouched... I know there's holes to fill just about everywhere, but the offensive depth chart screams "32nd ranked" pretty loudly right now, and desperately needs an eye-catching playmaker. Perhaps right not to reach for a QB, and see what materialises this year (probably a top five selection!) Fixing the defense first makes sense, but whatever the outcome in W-L terms, it's not going to be pretty to watch.
Although I am underwhelmed by this draft class I think we needed to toughen the trenches, become harder to beat. Would have liked us to get a premier WR play-maker but this class did not have much and as we missed out on the QB I think we probably did the right thing.

Like you say we will probably getting a top 3 pick next year so expect we will going QB in the 2017 draft.
Old 05.05.2016, 10:24 AM
All Pro

It's the way Baalke operates. Build from the inside out so none of it came as a surprise. I think there was also and element of "we've just hired an offensive minded coach, let's see if he can fix some of the issues with scheme" to not selecting skill players.

I actually liked what they did.
Old 19.06.2016, 11:52 PM
Rookie

Hey guys, joining this a little bit late. The team obviously needs improvement everywhere but the last couple of seasons we haven't been able to defend the pass. Two great CB's would be nice. I liked Cromartie when he got his chance due to another player's injury but he was soon benched when that injured player came back.
I actually think we have two good QB's. Kaep has been playing terrible but so has the team. I would go with Gabbert over him for the start of the season until Kaep learns to become a pass first QB instead of always wanting to run the ball. He gets freaked out too easily. I do think he should have taken Jeff Garcia's tuition instead of Kurt Warner's.

I think the Niners had a good draft but let's see how the rookies get on, and if they get given a starting chance.