Gamepass billing issues [separate thread] - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 10.08.2017, 10:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by db316 View Post
Were you billed? If so, by how much, and in what currency?
I've been charged 280 AUD (Australian dollars).
I have no idea why it was taken in that currency, but when I look at the old site, I can see that it shows as my "preferred currency" in the dropdown list.

Have had a reply from Deltrea which they must consider final (they haven't replied since)

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have checked our record and we can't find any European subscription for your account.

If you purchased your subscription Outside Europe please submit your issue directly to the Contact Us of the NFL website at the following link https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us...641598-NFL-com.

Will make a new thread as mentioned above
Sponsored Links
Old 10.08.2017, 10:34 AM
Rookie

How do I disable auto renew?

There is no checkbox to untick.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:38 AM
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney_dk View Post
I've been charged 280 AUD (Australian dollars).
I have no idea why it was taken in that currency, but when I look at the old site, I can see that it shows as my "preferred currency" in the dropdown list.

Will make a new thread as mentioned above
[/I]
I've edited the first post in the thread to track each users billing issue, just want a simple list to get a feel of how bad the issue is.

Don't create another thread this is fine for all billing issues.
Old 10.08.2017, 10:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I've edited the first post in the thread to track each users billing issue, just want a simple list to get a feel of how bad the issue is.

Don't create another thread this is fine for all billing issues.
DOH!! Did it as you were writing.. Sorry. Feel free to delete
Old 10.08.2017, 10:42 AM
Starter

I'm not a moderator, I can't do that.

Just use this thread to track all billing issues. I'll update the first post with a user name and their amount so it remains prominent if any more people have the same problem.
Old 10.08.2017, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney_dk View Post
DOH!! Did it as you were writing.. Sorry. Feel free to delete
I've closed your thread and posted a link to this thread as I can no longer merge.
Old 10.08.2017, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

On iPhone and IPad there is nowhere to turn off Auto Renew. Thankfully nothing has been taken as my card was declined.
Old 10.08.2017, 12:10 PM
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Mods - please leave this in place and don't merge into the messy single thread about gamepass, as this is a serious, separate issue where the NFL are taking money from people without their consent. Appreciate there is a single thread which the sticky posts says is for 'gamepass coverage' of NFL - this is purely about billing.

I want to track/speak to others that have been:

Overbilled

Charged in a foreign currency without their permission

Charged for Gamepass without their consent.

Have been billed but Gamepass claims they have no active subscription

Affected forum users:

Overcharged:

db316 - £144.35
Bondstarpaul - £140.68
Barney_dk - approx £169.68 (billed AUD 280)
4Skin - £164.99 (blocked by their bank)
mrtuft - £145 (despite opting out of renewal, had to ask bank to reverse charge)
ukramfan - £224.99

For my part, I had auto-renewal on, but Gamepass had my old credit card details. I updated them before 1 August. I checked and I paid £129.99 last year for gamepass.

They Took: 178.88 CHF (swiss francs)

My bank applied a £4.19 foreign transaction fee.

For a total of £144.35.

I was lead to believe that renewals were priced at the previous years payment - is this not the case now? I didn't receive a single email saying anything but this, it's the incentive to keep auto-renewing.

Regardless, they overbilled me whether it was meant to be £129.99, or £139.99.

I emailed them on Sunday on help.gamepasseu@deltatre.com, received a 'we'll get back to you' email on Monday but nothing since. I also tweeted the gamepassnfleu account multiple times, no response.

Assuming no resolution by end of the week I'll do a chargeback.

Has anyone else had a better experience in resolving this - an email address you've used or someone you've spoken with?

Does anyone know if Deltatre or NFL UK have even acknowledged the billing problems?
ukramfan
I have made no progress whatsoever. Tried everything including your list of actions above.
So, still no access to Game Pass and £224.99 the poorer.
Looks like I will have to open a dispute via my credit card company and try to get my money back. I could pay for another subscription (£139.99) but don't feel inclined to do so. Pity, because I really do enjoy Game Pass.
Old 10.08.2017, 03:45 PM
Rookie

I tick a few of these boxes. Even though I'd paid for a subscription through July, the new GP site showed no active sub. I tried to get a response from customer service for three weeks. In the last week of July, I unchecked the box for auto-renew on the old site. I received no email confirmation, but the auto-renew box disappeared after that.

A few days later, I was billed automatically by GP for £155 - so, charged without consent, and over-charged at that.

I contacted GP via email and got an auto-reply and nothing further. I also contacted gamepasseurope on this forum for help and was ignored.

I finally gave up and disputed the charge, which now appears to have been removed from my credit card.
Old 10.08.2017, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Default Background on billing problems

Like others, I was billed in a foreign currency (rubles!) losing out on both the exchange rate and my UK high street banks foreign transaction fees -- admittedly only losing out a few pounds, but still stunned it happened.

I've been in contact with someone involved in the new app rollout and was told:

"Your payment was incorrectly routed via the wrong merchant code which resulted in the payment being taken in roubles. This happened with a small number of cards and was picked up relatively quickly. Unfortunately your card was in this early batch, for which I am sorry."

I don't know what constitutes a small number, but it seems like all of them are on this forum.:-)

If we accept this explanation, it does not explain the payments taken without permission, payments but no activation, and the shambolic (i.e., lack of) customer service. I paid on 4 Aug and was sent confirmation on the 9th, which is forever in "Internet years." I don't know how long it will take them to process my cancellation.

I accept a new app will have teething problems, e.g., not all the features working properly in V1.0 and features being rolled out with time.

However, I cannot understand how billing and customer service has been so poor -- it's a rich league, presumably a lucrative app contract, and a good idea of how many customers they had, so they should have been able to scale server usage on the back-end.

Tags
billing , gamepass , nfluk