Who do you support and why? - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Sponsored Links

Old 23.01.2013, 08:59 PM
Pro

Default Who do you support and why?

I am intrigued to find out who everybody supports, but most importantly, why do you support them!! everybody seems to have a story on why you support whoever it is you support. How did you get into American Football? have you been over to the USA to watch your team??
Sponsored Links
Old 23.01.2013, 09:08 PM
Pro

Default Baltimore Ravens

I Support the Baltimore Ravens, and the last 11 years wouldn't be the same without following my team!! I first started following the Ravens back in 2002 when I was in Washington DC playing Table Tennis courtesy of the Royal Air Force. Whilst I was there I was lucky enough to see the Ravens at the M&T Bank Stadium. Since then I have never looked back and I watch all I can every sunday on GamePass without ever missing a Ravens game, except when I'm attending the international Series at Wembley. lol. Gutted I cant get a ticket for the SuperBash but thats life!! I'll watch it in the comfort of my own home!!

Last edited by wetone79; 23.01.2013 at 09:12 PM. Reason: speling mistake!!
Old 23.01.2013, 09:15 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
i Support the Baltimore Ravens, and the last 11 years wouldn't be the same without following my team!! I first started following the Ravens back in 2002 when I was in Washington DC playing Table Tennis courtesy of the Royal Air Force. Whilst I was there I was lucky enough to see the Ravens at the M&T Bank Stadium. Since then i have never looked back and I watch all I can every sunday on GamePass without ever missing a Ravens game, except when I'm attending the international Series at Wembley. lol. Gutted I cant get a ticket for the SuperBash but thats life!! I'll watch it in the comfort of my own home!!
Ha! I knew you crabs were loafing b@&%*@s! Only joking! Good to see other members of AF on here. I was lucky (unlucky?) to see the Jags when I was across at the US submarine base in kings bay. Very kindly hosted by a US Chief who let us use his house and drink his beer and then took us to the game.
Old 23.01.2013, 09:21 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish-packer View Post
Ha! I knew you crabs were loafing b@&%*@s! Only joking! Good to see other members of AF on here. I was lucky (unlucky?) to see the Jags when I was across at the US submarine base in kings bay. Very kindly hosted by a US Chief who let us use his house and drink his beer and then took us to the game.
haha, that sounds like a right good P*** up to me!!
Old 23.01.2013, 09:21 PM
All Pro

like most bear fans 1985 team I guess payton and perry plus many more and the history of nfl is teams like the bears after halas aka papa bear etc and have seen all IS games and been to chicago vs the lions 3 years ago now.....should do more soon maybe this year?? beardown
Old 23.01.2013, 09:29 PM
All Pro

Answered this before, but here goes. Up until 2009 I didn't support an NFL team, just loved the sport. I had done stadium tours of the pre-Katrina Louisiana Superdome and the old Texas Stadium. I had been to one game in the USA - Redskins v Cowboys at FedEx Field, and had been to Scottish Claymores games in NFL Europe.

My wife and I have been going on holiday to different US cities for 15 years. In 2009, we visited Denver for the first time, and went to Invesco Field (as it was then) to do the tour. Previous tours in New Orleans and Dallas had been good, but somewhat impersonal. At Denver, it was out of season, midweek, and not at the height of the tourist season. The tour consisted of three people. My wife and I, and a US soldier from California, who was a Broncos fan going home after a tour of duty in Iraq. He was in desert combat fatigues, had his belongings in a huge rucksack, and had taken a flight to Denver en-route to California just to do the stadium tour.

On hearing his story, the Broncos tour staff told him the tour was on the house, no charge. They also said that to try and thank him for his service, they would take us into places that were normally off-limits for tour visitors. I thought the staff were superb - they made this guy's day. Also, towards my wife and I, they were very friendly, and were interested in hearing about Scotland, and took a genuine interest in where we were from, and made us feel very welcome.

During our week in Denver, it was noticeable just how friendly people were towards us. We have received a warm welcome everywhere in the US, but in Denver, the people were really, really friendly and chatty when they heard our accents.

Due to the impression the people in Denver made on us, we adopted the Broncos as our team. We saw them at Wembley against the 49ers.

Last year, we added to our stadium tours when we did the new Cowboys stadium tour. From the outside, it looks like the greatest stadium on earth. Inside, it's not impressive at all. Jerry's Gin Palace - and the scoreboard is a joke. It is so big it is actually funny. Wembley is a far better, true sporting arena. Jerry's Gin Palace is for drinking beer, eating hot dogs, and watching a big TV.

Anyway, that's how I became a Broncos fan. Just goes to show that first impressions count, and the Broncos staff, and the people of Denver made a lasting impression on us.
Old 23.01.2013, 09:32 PM
Pro

I'm a ravens fan. The reason being is the first Madden game I ever bought had Ray Lewis on the cover, so I was drawn to them in the game & that extended in to real life. Really hoping they come over here soon & also to go there & watch a game, gutted I'll never see #52 live though!
Old 23.01.2013, 09:36 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
Answered this before, but here goes. Up until 2009 I didn't support an NFL team, just loved the sport. I had done stadium tours of the pre-Katrina Louisiana Superdome and the old Texas Stadium. I had been to one game in the USA - Redskins v Cowboys at FedEx Field, and had been to Scottish Claymores games in NFL Europe.

My wife and I have been going on holiday to different US cities for 15 years. In 2009, we visited Denver for the first time, and went to Invesco Field (as it was then) to do the tour. Previous tours in New Orleans and Dallas had been good, but somewhat impersonal. At Denver, it was out of season, midweek, and not at the height of the tourist season. The tour consisted of three people. My wife and I, and a US soldier from California, who was a Broncos fan going home after a tour of duty in Iraq. He was in desert combat fatigues, had his belongings in a huge rucksack, and had taken a flight to Denver en-route to California just to do the stadium tour.

On hearing his story, the Broncos tour staff told him the tour was on the house, no charge. They also said that to try and thank him for his service, they would take us into places that were normally off-limits for tour visitors. I thought the staff were superb - they made this guy's day. Also, towards my wife and I, they were very friendly, and were interested in hearing about Scotland, and took a genuine interest in where we were from, and made us feel very welcome.

During our week in Denver, it was noticeable just how friendly people were towards us. We have received a warm welcome everywhere in the US, but in Denver, the people were really, really friendly and chatty when they heard our accents.

Due to the impression the people in Denver made on us, we adopted the Broncos as our team. We saw them at Wembley against the 49ers.

Last year, we added to our stadium tours when we did the new Cowboys stadium tour. From the outside, it looks like the greatest stadium on earth. Inside, it's not impressive at all. Jerry's Gin Palace - and the scoreboard is a joke. It is so big it is actually funny. Wembley is a far better, true sporting arena. Jerry's Gin Palace is for drinking beer, eating hot dogs, and watching a big TV.

Anyway, that's how I became a Broncos fan. Just goes to show that first impressions count, and the Broncos staff, and the people of Denver made a lasting impression on us.
WOW!!!! sounds like you have had some fantastic holidays, and visited some great stadiums, i am actually very jealous of you.. lol. from your story i can totally understand why you now follow the Bronco's. Thank you for taking the time to reply!!
Craig.
Old 23.01.2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetone79 View Post
I am intrigued to find out who everybody supports, but most importantly, why do you support them!! everybody seems to have a story on why you support whoever it is you support. How did you get into American Football? have you been over to the USA to watch your team??
http://greenbayowners.com/uk.htm

My Story

https://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=95188

My initial post highlights my NFL experiences
Old 23.01.2013, 10:00 PM
Starter

My brother-in-law is from Buffalo and thats what started my interest in the Bills in the 90's. My sister has been lucky enough to see a game at the Ralph with him, and hopefully one day i will be able to say the same too.
I also support West Ham United and have always thought that the two teams are similar in some ways: both teams are not what you would call the most fashionable in their respective league's, and of course not the most sucsessful either. BUT you can not fault their supporters, whether they win or lose they will always be there backing there team. So all in all it was a simple choice for me to be a Bill's fan, and its something i will NEVER regret

Tags
deja vu , nfl , nfluk , supporting a team , teams