Brooks Is Gone - Page 2 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 23.02.2007, 05:06 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Re:Brooks Is Gone

Im going to go against the rest of this board here but I liked Brooks, I always prefered him to be starter. Our O-Line was terrible and Walter couldn't avoid sacks, Brooks however would move in the pocket and he had the ability to make a play after escaping pressure....... He could also run the ball if nothing was on.

Walter had one good performance all year in the win against Arizona, everyone knows our D won the Pittsburgh game :

QB in Oakland wasn't the problem though, it was the woeful O-Line. With a decent O-Line even I could have put points on the board.
Sponsored Links
Old 23.02.2007, 05:29 PM
All Pro

[quote author=brandon_raider link=board=1;threadid=24640;start=0#msg614633 date=1172250374]
Im going to go against the rest of this board here but I liked Brooks, I always prefered him to be starter. Our O-Line was terrible and Walter couldn't avoid sacks, Brooks however would move in the pocket and he had the ability to make a play after escaping pressure....... He could also run the ball if nothing was on.

Walter had one good performance all year in the win against Arizona, everyone knows our D won the Pittsburgh game :

QB in Oakland wasn't the problem though, it was the woeful O-Line. With a decent O-Line even I could have put points on the board.
[/quote]

I got as far as "I liked Brooks" and then stopped.

Old 23.02.2007, 05:58 PM
All Pro

Brooks is gone? Brooks? BROOKS?!?!

Where is he? He's gone and noone knows where he is!?

WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Old 23.02.2007, 08:54 PM
All Pro

[quote author=brandon_raider link=board=1;threadid=24640;start=0#msg614633 date=1172250374]

[/quote]

Comparing Walter and Brooks seems like a question along the lines of would you rather be burnt to death or drown?

For Walter, hope springs eternal, for Brooks, hopefully NFL Europe ( if that is indeed possible! ) ;D
Old 23.02.2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=24640;start=0#msg614762 date=1172264053]

[/quote]

Comparing Walter and Brooks seems like a question along the lines of would you rather be burnt to death or drown?

For Walter, hope springs eternal, for Brooks, hopefully NFL Europe ( if that is indeed possible! ) ;D
[/quote]

Walter was put into a tough position no doubt, but he just doesnt have the skills to be a legit starter, just cos your drafted in the 3rd round doesnt mean you get a free pass from initial criticism

Look at guys like Dave Ragone,Chris Redman etc etc Both 3rd rounders, and both scrubs

Believe it or not folks, a lot of 3rd rounders are nothing more than potential backup material.

Walter MIGHT be a servicable backup, but he has shown enough for people to know he isnt a viable starter.

Only twice have I seen a QB come in and struggle so much and then turn out to be halfway productive

Alex Smith and Bubby Brister
Old 23.02.2007, 09:27 PM
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to danny17

Hmmm, I'm sure we'll see Brooks still in the NFL as a backup. He may be inconsistent but he is better then most other FA out there. And he will fit well as a backup. Looks like the Raiders will draft a QB now, as long as Al Davies dosent do something mad.
Old 23.02.2007, 09:44 PM
All Pro

[quote author=vann_mcelroy link=board=1;threadid=24640;start=0#msg614781 date=1172265384]
[quote author=SteButt link=board=1;threadid=24640;start=0#msg614762 date=1172264053]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Walter was put into a tough position no doubt, but he just doesnt have the skills to be a legit starter, just cos your drafted in the 3rd round doesnt mean you get a free pass from initial criticism

Look at guys like Dave Ragone,Chris Redman etc etc Both 3rd rounders, and both scrubs

Believe it or not folks, a lot of 3rd rounders are nothing more than potential backup material.

Walter MIGHT be a servicable backup, but he has shown enough for people to know he isnt a viable starter.

Only twice have I seen a QB come in and struggle so much and then turn out to be halfway productive

Alex Smith and Bubby Brister
[/quote]

The truth is better QBs get drafted in the 1st two rounds than in the 3rd and 4th and lower down in general.

No amount of quoting "Ryan Leaf" or "Tom Brady" can change that.

Walter was a cheap shot at making a starting QB - he isn't, but he could be a servicable backup, which is all you can ask of a 3rd round QB.