NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Minnesota Vikings

Sponsored Links

Old 30.08.2016, 08:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
you said the way Teddy plays.

Geno/EJ have so far failed to show much, even at this end of the market better guys are out there.

Sanchez/Colin for example and Mettenberger
pretty much anyone
Think Norv Turner can get alot out if the right QB in his system,pointed out that Weeden and Hoyer have also played for him if we are kicking names around.

Kaepernick just looked awful last year and has and still has a expensive salary and alsi has an injury guarantee for his 2017 salary that will put teams off playing him unless he re-did his deal.
Sponsored Links
Old 30.08.2016, 09:04 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfcchris View Post
Honestly, based on what I have seen on the field the only 2 options that would be worth it are Kaepernick(off the field issue there) and AJ Mccaron, based on the rest of the team would be glad to give anything up to a second rounder for him.
which issue?
(so many issues to keep track of )

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
Think Norv Turner can get alot out if the right QB in his system,pointed out that Weeden and Hoyer have also played for him if we are kicking names around.

Kaepernick just looked awful last year and has and still has a expensive salary and alsi has an injury guarantee for his 2017 salary that will put teams off playing him unless he re-did his deal.
Weeden and Hoyer have been pretty bad the whole time, at least with Colin there might be some chance for him to become useable.
Old 30.08.2016, 09:04 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post

In terms of Kaep its a huge gamble granted but theres a good QB in there somewhere.
Old 02.09.2016, 01:40 PM
Team Captain

Its Next Man Up

Don't be surprised if #6 starts for us this season.

We are a good team which will be in a lot of close games - think 2014.
Old 03.09.2016, 04:30 PM
Starter

Well now Sam Bradford has joined from the Eagles. We gave away a 1st round 2017 pick and a conditional 4th in 2018.
Old 03.09.2016, 05:23 PM
Starter

bradford has came in, traded for a 1st and 4th.
Old 04.09.2016, 05:07 PM
All Pro

Happy with the trade yes a first is a lot but hopefully it will be in the the late 20s or 30s anyway, lets hope the 4th turns into a second.
Old 05.09.2016, 07:58 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfcchris View Post
Happy with the trade yes a first is a lot but hopefully it will be in the the late 20s or 30s anyway, lets hope the 4th turns into a second.
Yes, it would be great if it turns into a first and second!
Old 06.09.2016, 12:39 PM
All Pro

If we get to the Superbowl with Sam Bradford I'd probably be happy to give them all our picks for the next 10 years....

Don't mind the player, do mind the price. It would suggest they have some serious concerns about Bridgewater's longevity now, but I'd be surprised if Bradford is the answer to any sort of long-term problem. I'd rather we'd tried to make do this year and then use that first rounder (either in position or via trade) to get someone in the draft if necessary, or at least wait for the offseason when the price on half decent QBs will have dropped somewhat. I suppose guys like Spielman can't afford to wait that long though as they've all got jobs that depend on the here and now. I suppose the one thing you would say is that whilst it's certainly never a good thing to not have a first round pick at your disposal, we are probably one of the top 5 teams in the league who need it the least with the way our roster is set up.

It's kick started the season again though for sure, feels again now like we have to make the playoffs to justify it.
Old 08.09.2016, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUFC_Viking View Post
I'd rather we'd tried to make do this year and then use that first rounder (either in position or via trade) to get someone in the draft if necessary, or at least wait for the offseason when the price on half decent QBs will have dropped somewhat.
When you look at what you had to give up to get a QB this year in the draft, and what the Titans wanted for the number 2 pick last year from the Eagles, unless we absolutely tanked under Hill that first wouldn't have been much use to try and get a QB in my opinion.

Price for Bradford is high, but with roster built as it is, and presumably legitimate concerns over Teddy for 2017, I'm pretty happy with the trade. Gives us a chance this year, and covers us for next year if Teddy struggles.

I've always thought Bradford is better than most anyway - he seems to be judged harshly because he earned a lot of money due to rookie pay scale, and has missed time with injury.