Week 6. Jaguars @ Cowboys. - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > Gameday Forum

Sponsored Links

Old 17.10.2018, 08:56 AM
MVP

I think the Jags receiving problems are much of their own doing, as ours are. The Jags let Hurns and Robinson leave. Those two playing together seemed to really work for the Jags.

Of course, the line problems are just unlucky, as ourselves have suffered.
Sponsored Links
Old 17.10.2018, 11:23 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_chicane View Post
I think the Jags receiving problems are much of their own doing, as ours are. The Jags let Hurns and Robinson leave. Those two playing together seemed to really work for the Jags.

Of course, the line problems are just unlucky, as ourselves have suffered.
I don't think they had the cap space, especially in 2019, to keep Hurns AND Robinson. They chose to pay Marqise Lee instead, probably a cheaper alternative to Robinson, but he's out for the year.

With a defence like that, the offence will always be the poor relation.
Old 17.10.2018, 11:39 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCunliffe View Post
I don't think they had the cap space, especially in 2019, to keep Hurns AND Robinson. They chose to pay Marqise Lee instead, probably a cheaper alternative to Robinson, but he's out for the year.

With a defence like that, the offence will always be the poor relation.
You hit the nail on the head, Lee was meant to head up a group of up and comers such as Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole. However with Lee going down pre-season they were left with a big hole.
I know many team's decent QB could spread it round, but it's always going to be troublesome without an established WR1.
Old 17.10.2018, 12:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilGroom View Post
You hit the nail on the head, Lee was meant to head up a group of up and comers such as Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole. However with Lee going down pre-season they were left with a big hole.
I know many team's decent QB could spread it round, but it's always going to be troublesome without an established WR1.
Was Lee really that talented though to get rid of everyone else and build you receivers around him? I just dont see him ever as a WR1.
Old 17.10.2018, 12:42 PM
MVP

Quote:
Was Lee really that talented though to get rid of everyone else and build you receivers around him? I just dont see him ever as a WR1.
No almost certainly not in a long term. I think they saw Keelan Cole as an emerging star and he probably will be. He would however tide them over as he did essentially for the whole of last year when they did pretty well overall.

Hurns had fallen off in Jacksonville when asked to run the lead role and I guess he was not willing to stay for the money offered.
Robinson was just too much of an injury risk for the contract he wanted I would suspect. I don't think too many Jags fans were offended when he was let walk, I think it was just an unfortunate situation.
Old 18.10.2018, 08:32 AM
MVP

The way Hurns has been for us, you really aren't missing out on an awful lot. Still, seeing your situation now, he'd have probably been a better option than what you have to field without Lee.
Old 18.10.2018, 09:34 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The way Hurns has been for us, you really aren't missing out on an awful lot. Still, seeing your situation now, he'd have probably been a better option than what you have to field without Lee.
It'd be interesting to see how many targets Hurns has actually had. I'm not sure it's necessarily all his fault when it comes to his lack of production.

Tbh, he was given an average 2 year deal iirc. I doubt the Cowboys keep him AND T Williams next year. It'll be one or the other at best. They are both veteran players with a reasonable floor and low ceiling. They can have good games now and again but they obviously aren't match up nightmares.
Old 18.10.2018, 08:59 PM
MVP

Is it lack of targets cause of Dak or is it lack of targets cause he isn't getting open? Thats the question.

Terrence Williams has been suspended for 3 games, not that I've really noticed that he's been active so far this season. Probably the nail in the coffin for him.