Conference Championships (Discussion NOT the Competition!) - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 14.01.2019, 02:57 PM
Starter

Default Conference Championships (Discussion NOT the Competition!)

No particular surprise at any of the "semi-finalists".

The Saints and The Rams were comfortably the best NFC teams in the regular season, but credit to both the Eagles and the Cowboys for making them work for their places in the Conference Championship. A shame either of these sides has to lose as I think either could give a good game in the Super Bowl.

The AFC has appeared at times the weaker conference this season, however I thought both winners from the Divisional round had a great game and looked dominant. I thought the Chiefs had probably their best defensive performance of the season whilst the Patriots have just made their eighth straight AFC Championship game. I note of the previous seven they have won 4 and gone on to win 2 Super Bowls, so despite their impressive record and undoubted dominance of the league over a long period, they are by no means guaranteed either a Super Bowl appearance or a Super Bowl win. Again, I think either side would compete well in the Super Bowl. I have a personal preference for the Chiefs simply because I think it would be better fr the league as a whole to see a couple of different teams in this year's Super Bowl.
Sponsored Links
Old 14.01.2019, 04:34 PM
Pro Bowler

I've tipped Saints-Chiefs to be the superbowl before the play-offs began.

Saints-Rams - Brees looked very jittery and the Eagles did have some success running the ball early on so they will have their hands full against the powerful 1-2 punch of Gurley and CJ. Thomas will scorch the Rams secondary. I think with home advantage I'll give Saints the nod but its going to be close.

Chiefs-Pats - Bill is a genius and he will have something cooked up for Mahomes. Will be fascinating to see how he copes. I wonder if weather plays a part, it was pretty snowy there but they still took to the air against the Colts. This one is a coin-toss.

On order of preference.

Saints-Chiefs
Chiefs-Rams
Pats-Saints
Pats-Rams
Old 14.01.2019, 06:06 PM
GOAT

just glad to of avoided last years fate, only 1 side i dont like left this year.

hoping for Rams-Chiefs.
Old 14.01.2019, 06:12 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodkarma84 View Post
just glad to of avoided last years fate, only 1 side i dont like left this year.

hoping for Rams-Chiefs.
No doubt the NFL wants a Rams-Chiefs rematch. I can't root for a division rival, even against the evil empire, so best case scenario for me is Patriots to take out the Chiefs and then lose in hilarious heart-breaking fashion in the big show.
Old 14.01.2019, 06:33 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffies View Post
No doubt the NFL wants a Rams-Chiefs rematch. I can't root for a division rival, even against the evil empire, so best case scenario for me is Patriots to take out the Chiefs and then lose in hilarious heart-breaking fashion in the big show.
cant believe people don't want the Patriots in the superbowl.

honest question but have any of the recent patriots superbowls not been entertaining and almost guaranteed to go down to the wire.want the Panthers/Broncos or Broncos/Seahawks again..............

also think the league wouldn't mind the Patriots been there to give the other 30 fan bases something to rally around and guarantee great ratings.the Cowboys are the biggest draw and we are easily 2nd.
Old 14.01.2019, 06:36 PM
MVP

Quote:

hoping for Rams-Chiefs.
c'mon be a Patriots fan,just think you could see your Giants on opening Thursday night next season.smiley face.
Old 14.01.2019, 08:24 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee harris 10 View Post
c'mon be a Patriots fan,just think you could see your Giants on opening Thursday night next season.smiley face.

i'm not backing those cheats, success built on a foundation of lies

Brady is one of the most unlikeable QBs too, Montana is still the GOAT

and i would take a bad SB over a Pats win.
Old 14.01.2019, 08:38 PM
MVP

Quote:
i'm not backing those cheats, success built on a foundation of lies

Brady is one of the most unlikeable QBs too, Montana is still the GOAT

and i would take a bad SB over a Pats win.
so your thinking about it.......

the early forecast has it been cold if not below zero for kick off next sunday with a possible -5 minimum to a +10 max.glad to be watching it wrapped up warm in the house.not sure if either team will benefit from these conditions.
Old 14.01.2019, 11:14 PM
MVP

Anyone but the Patriots for me, as always.

Looking like a cold one in Kansas City, current forecast is highs of minus 10 celsius on Sunday.
Old 15.01.2019, 09:33 PM
MVP

NFC Championship ref Bill Vinovich
AFC championship ref Clete Blakeman
Superbowl John Parry