Think NYJ Are Frustrated? - Page 5 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 13.12.2010, 01:16 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
It is not going to happen as Brady hopefully will want to continue the home winning streak, assuming we beat the Packers, and in all possibility might need the win for No.1 seed.
If we win the next 2 we're guaranteed the No 1 seed.
Sponsored Links
Old 13.12.2010, 01:16 PM
Hall of Fame

Sanchez almost benched?

"Mark Sanchez was told his coach nearly benched him Sunday, and suddenly the cover boy quarterback projecting that California cool looked like a child just informed his Xbox privileges had been revoked.

The expression came and went in a millisecond -- a tightening of the jaw, a narrowing of the eyes -- but any amateur observer of human nature recognized the fleeting reaction for what it was: a sure sign of pain.

It hurt to hear it. One minute, Sanchez was the handsome face who would win the first Super Bowl title for the New York Jets since their last handsome face, Joe Namath, honored his own prophecy 42 years back.

Mark Sanchez had a disastrous game against the Dolphins, and suddenly looks overmatched.

The next minute, Rex Ryan was thinking the petrified remains of Mark Brunell would give the Jets a better chance to beat the Miami Dolphins on a miserable December day."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ian&id=5913710

this coming 7 days after Rex came out with this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mark-sanchez/

Jets coach Rex Ryan is full of nothing but modesty about himself leading into tonight’s matchup with the Patriots, declaring every chance he gets that the man across the field from him tonight, Bill Belichick, is a better coach than him. But Ryan doesn’t hesitate to brag when it comes to his players.

And in an interview with ESPN’s Mike Tirico, Ryan made a particularly bold statement about his quarterback, Mark Sanchez.

“My guy’s going to have some rings on his finger too, I believe,” Ryan said of comparisons between his quarterback and Tom Brady.

And Ryan said that Sanchez isn’t just a young player along for the ride on a talented team.

“The reason we’re a Super Bowl team is because we have him playing quarterback,” Sanchez said. “That’s how I look at it.”

Ryan said he believes the Jets are simply a better, more talented team than the Patriots.

“If you say the best coach will win, then Belichick will beat us,” Ryan said. “But if you look at the best team, that’s what I’m banking on. I think I have the best team.”

Asked about the Patriots’ mindset heading into tonight’s game, Ryan said, “I think they’re concerned. They should be concerned.”
Old 13.12.2010, 01:19 PM
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Milehigh Broncos View Post
The guy hardly touched him and the dolphin guy was down like he got smashed big time.

Anyway, the Jets guy was in the wrong and he shouldnay of done that.
I guess running at speed off balance will do that for you

But no. . he shouldnt have done that.
Old 13.12.2010, 01:49 PM
MVP

Dirty Jets. A good team with a bad attitude. It all stems from their head coach who is a cocky, brash SOB.
Old 13.12.2010, 03:43 PM
Team Captain

I'm kind of willing to give the Jets organisation a little benefit of the doubt here - whilst they are ultimately responsible for the actions of those they employ whilst on team premises, a single spur of the moment action by one person is something they cannot ultimately control.

Hopefully the Jets themselves will take the appropriate action and terminate the guy's contract for gross misconduct (and it would be even better if he saved them the bother and resigned in shame) - it shouldn't have to go to the league for anything else.

I'd like to hear from the officials why a flag wasn't thrown for the incident though - after all, there's been enough "player out of bounds" penalties this year that it's obvious they're watching the punt chasers.

But a bigger problem IMO is the sideline encroachment of a lot of coaches and even players - they're getting more like Piccadilly Circus with everyone moving up and down them, and players and coaches pushing forwards to keep up with what's happening on the pitch, and tbh, something like this incident has probably been coming for a while.
Old 13.12.2010, 04:00 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Marks View Post
I'm kind of willing to give the Jets organisation a little benefit of the doubt here - whilst they are ultimately responsible for the actions of those they employ whilst on team premises, a single spur of the moment action by one person is something they cannot ultimately control
This is a sensible post. I agree.
Old 13.12.2010, 04:38 PM
Pro

Pretty much sums up the jets organisation as a whole lol.

Also i am very anti jets. But why does Rex Ryan and the Jets have this whole aurora around him they made the playoffs by beating the colts and bengals 3rd string teams.

They could easily be 7-6 even 6-7, Houston should of defo beat them Cleveland should of beat them. They also got extremely lucky against the Lions. There are alot of should's there but the teams they played choked hard. Also Sanchez has been clutch yes but hes also been incredibly bad
Old 13.12.2010, 05:18 PM
All Pro

Its just a dumb and disrespectful act from the Jets Organisation member who had no real reason being there. Its a shame because the Jets or any other NFL team wouldnt want that kind of publicity.

Last edited by FanMarino; 13.12.2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 13.12.2010, 05:19 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacino_1992 View Post
Also i am very anti jets. But why does Rex Ryan and the Jets have this whole aurora around him they made the playoffs by beating the colts and bengals 3rd string teams.
And then made it to the AFC Championship game. . .

Quote:
They could easily be 7-6 even 6-7, Houston should of defo beat them Cleveland should of beat them. They also got extremely lucky against the Lions. There are alot of should's there but the teams they played choked hard. Also Sanchez has been clutch yes but hes also been incredibly bad
Should have. . . Would have. . . Could have. . .

What if we got a field goal against the Ravens? What if we got a field goal and a TD against the Packers? What if Santonio caught that easy TD last night?

The answer is we're 12-1, leading the division and already in the playoffs. But that's the thing about sports, sometimes your lucky and sometimes your not. Sometimes you play well and loose and sometimes you play crap and win. Get over it.
Old 13.12.2010, 05:24 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Marks View Post
I'm kind of willing to give the Jets organisation a little benefit of the doubt here - whilst they are ultimately responsible for the actions of those they employ whilst on team premises, a single spur of the moment action by one person is something they cannot ultimately control.

Hopefully the Jets themselves will take the appropriate action and terminate the guy's contract for gross misconduct (and it would be even better if he saved them the bother and resigned in shame) - it shouldn't have to go to the league for anything else.

I'd like to hear from the officials why a flag wasn't thrown for the incident though - after all, there's been enough "player out of bounds" penalties this year that it's obvious they're watching the punt chasers.

But a bigger problem IMO is the sideline encroachment of a lot of coaches and even players - they're getting more like Piccadilly Circus with everyone moving up and down them, and players and coaches pushing forwards to keep up with what's happening on the pitch, and tbh, something like this incident has probably been coming for a while.
During the game the exact same incident happened regarding Carroll getting pushed out. That time he was flagged for taking too long to get back onto the field of play. I want to bring to your attention that there were 10punts by Miami during the game. Watch the film and tell me if its strange that "all of a sudden" there were 6 Jet guys all lined up perfectly right on that chalked line and not one of them went to move back. Also watch the 2nd guy. He went to drop his shoulder at Carroll. Im sure they were put there deliberately to take out the Miami player. Whether Ryan knew about it we will never know but somebody told those numpties to stand there and form a gauntlet. It was dangerous and seriously lame.