Vince Young . . . Anyone?? - Page 6 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 07.01.2011, 06:08 PM
stocksy's Avatar
stocksy stocksy is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.10.2008
Posts: 6,192
Default

People are assuming No one wants him just because his current team dont.

He would be a upgrade at QB for 7/8 teams, Maybe more. He will be a starter next season.

VY = No bust. His Win rate is not one of a bust.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 07.01.2011, 06:36 PM
Blitzburgh56's Avatar
Blitzburgh56 Blitzburgh56 is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 28.11.2010
Posts: 415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
People are assuming No one wants him just because his current team dont.

He would be a upgrade at QB for 7/8 teams, Maybe more. He will be a starter next season.

VY = No bust. His Win rate is not one of a bust.

His win rate is more reflective of Chris Johnson than Vince Young.

He's a bust, he's had 4-5 years and he's still immature, and his original team have seen enough.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07.01.2011, 06:40 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

As a Miami fan im looking at Youngs 10TD's and 3INTS and rating of 98.6 in 9 games compared to Hennes 15 games with 15TDS 19INTS and rating of 75.4. So right now i'd take Young NOW! We just need to give him an O-Line, running game and a TE. Then hes in business. Hes good at scrambling so he would fit right in at Miami.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07.01.2011, 06:54 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Players who are called a bust dont put up 98.6 Quarterback rating. FACT. And anybody who says stats lie dont follow the NFL. Quarterback ratings are there for a reason. Its a school report on mistakes and performance.

Matt Stafford put up 91.3 and hes had a good season with the short game.
Matt Ryan 91.0 Playoff season,
Drew Brees 90.9 Playoff season
Matt Cassel 93 Playoff season
Jay Cutler 86.3 Playoffs and known for mistakes.
Peyton Manning 91.9 Playoff and future HOFer.
Roethlisberger 97.0 12 games and Playoffs.

Young isnt a bust. Its his attitude that clouds his performance.

Last edited by FanMarino; 07.01.2011 at 07:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:07 PM
stocksy's Avatar
stocksy stocksy is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.10.2008
Posts: 6,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh56 View Post
His win rate is more reflective of Chris Johnson than Vince Young.

He's a bust, he's had 4-5 years and he's still immature, and his original team have seen enough.
So Chris Johnson wasnt playing when the Titans werent starting Young as QB?? Because their record without VY is nowhere near as good.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:16 PM
Pacino_1992's Avatar
Pacino_1992 Pacino_1992 is offline
Pro
 
Join Date: 24.02.2010
Posts: 33
Default

He isnt helped by the media at all either btw. They are extremely critical about him(off field problems) and often blow stories out of the window. He is a great player imo the dolphins should defo make a move for him and draft imgram in the first round, there you have a stud running gaming, great wideouts, draft a receiving tight end fasano i havent seen him much but i know he's a good blocker but they young needs a good TE to throw to. The dolphins are good on D and they will be even better once there offence improves. Makes to much sense.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:25 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacino_1992 View Post
He isnt helped by the media at all either btw. They are extremely critical about him(off field problems) and often blow stories out of the window. He is a great player imo the dolphins should defo make a move for him and draft imgram in the first round, there you have a stud running gaming, great wideouts, draft a receiving tight end fasano i havent seen him much but i know he's a good blocker but they young needs a good TE to throw to. The dolphins are good on D and they will be even better once there offence improves. Makes to much sense.
Pacino. Are you a Phins fan? Ive been saying exactly the same thing. I want Ingram and DeAngelo Williams next season and ive been screaming for a TE for the last 2 seasons.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:30 PM
stocksy's Avatar
stocksy stocksy is offline
MVP
 
Join Date: 25.10.2008
Posts: 6,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanMarino View Post
Pacino. Are you a Phins fan? Ive been saying exactly the same thing. I want Ingram and DeAngelo Williams next season and ive been screaming for a TE for the last 2 seasons.
I thought Fasano was a good target at TE.. not seen you guys much this season.. is he not?
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:40 PM
FanMarino's Avatar
FanMarino FanMarino is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 26.10.2004
Posts: 4,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
I thought Fasano was a good target at TE.. not seen you guys much this season.. is he not?
Hes average to good. Last season he wasnt used much in the passing game. They preferred him in the 2-TE set blocking in the running game. I rate Fasano but he doesnt have the "it" factor. We threw the Rookie Mickey Shuler in for the last couple of games and he looked decent but hes not proven yet. Apart from Fasano whos adequate weve got nothing at TE.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07.01.2011, 07:40 PM
Clint Session!'s Avatar
Clint Session! Clint Session! is offline
All Pro
 
Join Date: 13.12.2009
Posts: 2,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh56 View Post
His win rate is more reflective of Chris Johnson than Vince Young.

He's a bust, he's had 4-5 years and he's still immature, and his original team have seen enough.
VY isnt a bust, hes not worth the 3rd overall pick but hes a good QB...in the right team. he could really help someone. sadly for the titans everyone knows they want him gone so no one is going to give them a semi decent deal......oh well
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 07:07 AM.