Vince Young . . . Anyone?? - Page 7 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > National Football League > NFL season

Sponsored Links

Old 07.01.2011, 07:42 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanMarino View Post
Pacino. Are you a Phins fan? Ive been saying exactly the same thing. I want Ingram and DeAngelo Williams next season and ive been screaming for a TE for the last 2 seasons.
I am not a fins fan, but if they get Young and imgram I will follow them a lot more. Its just a make sense move by the Fins if they do this. I wouldn't want to to touch any Qbs in the first round now luck is staying. Maybe Cammy as a prospect as he has a good release/ good arm/ big bodied and quick will be interesting to see what his 40 time is to, to see if he has the speed at the top level to get into the space to then run to the side line against considerably smaller defensive backs.

Mallet- Bust or boom. SLOW release with his statue speed will be his downfall in the NFL ye he has great arm with improving accuracy but mehhhh.

Gabbert is fattt dont see the hype.

Locker should just be allowed to go to the seahawks sit a year then become the face of Seattle.
Sponsored Links
Old 07.01.2011, 07:53 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Session! View Post
VY isnt a bust, hes not worth the 3rd overall pick but hes a good QB...in the right team. he could really help someone. sadly for the titans everyone knows they want him gone so no one is going to give them a semi decent deal......oh well
This is spot on.. why teams announce to the world when they want to ditch a QB/Starter ill never know.. Keep these things in house and get a semi decent deal or pubically announce in fighting and doubts over ability/attitude and then try and broker a good deal?? haha... not the brightest business deal.
Old 08.01.2011, 02:41 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_TITAN View Post
Mallets so called 'character concerns' have only come out in the last few weeks because of him actually trying to will his team to play better. If you watch Peyton Manning and his receivers and o-line aren't doing the job he'll call them out. It is the same with any good leader and respected individual. A winner wants to win so much that they have passion and emotion which is what Mallet has, not a character concern at all in my book. I think his stance in the game against Ohio was actually progressive.

As for Locker he has potential which you hit the nail on the head there and isn't potential what teams are looking for in the draft? I thought that was the whole point of the combine process. He had no talent around him at Washington and still managed to win the Holiday bowl. The guy is a solid leader, has a great work ethic and despite all the criticism he got this season he carried on with his job and strived onwards.

I have seen both of these play and am an avid watcher of college football which is why I take part in the NFLUK mock drafts etc.

I would be happy if either if these QB came in but I expect we will look at experienced QB's first and if i'm going to be honest i'd say the likely player right now im getting from some of my Titan buddies in America is that Orton is a likely replacement.
Mallets character concerns are well known and not something that have just materialised in recent weeks, hell they date back to his time at Michigan before...Google them if you need some facts.

As I stated I'm all for someone to have fire in their belly, like Rivers, but time and again I have seen Mallet call out team mates for mistakes HE has made...that is not the sign of a good leader. During the Sugar Bowl I will concede his receivers were appalling and in some cases call them out, tell them what they are doing wrong, but don't throw them under the bus as it won't do your draft prospects any favours, just ask Jimmy Clausen.

On top of this for all his arm strength and history in a pro-style offense he still has terrible, terrible footwork. Sure it's something that can be ironed out in time but Fisher & Co haven’t exactly got a good reputation at nurturing QB's.

In regards to Locker, yes they look for potential of course, but some quality film would be good too and more than a couple of wins in a row....he's athletic, the proto-typical build and a good ethic, maybe if he sits for a few years (Like Rodgers did, although A-Rod was ahead of Locker when he was drafted in my opinion) but he certainly is a work in progress and at this time there are far more question marks than positives.On top of this I don't get your point regarding the Holiday Bowl, just over 30% completion rate against a banged up Nebraska D is hardly a sterling performance.
Old 08.01.2011, 08:30 PM
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence worley View Post
Mallets character concerns are well known and not something that have just materialised in recent weeks, hell they date back to his time at Michigan before...Google them if you need some facts.

As I stated I'm all for someone to have fire in their belly, like Rivers, but time and again I have seen Mallet call out team mates for mistakes HE has made...that is not the sign of a good leader. During the Sugar Bowl I will concede his receivers were appalling and in some cases call them out, tell them what they are doing wrong, but don't throw them under the bus as it won't do your draft prospects any favours, just ask Jimmy Clausen.

On top of this for all his arm strength and history in a pro-style offense he still has terrible, terrible footwork. Sure it's something that can be ironed out in time but Fisher & Co haven’t exactly got a good reputation at nurturing QB's.

In regards to Locker, yes they look for potential of course, but some quality film would be good too and more than a couple of wins in a row....he's athletic, the proto-typical build and a good ethic, maybe if he sits for a few years (Like Rodgers did, although A-Rod was ahead of Locker when he was drafted in my opinion) but he certainly is a work in progress and at this time there are far more question marks than positives.On top of this I don't get your point regarding the Holiday Bowl, just over 30% completion rate against a banged up Nebraska D is hardly a sterling performance.
I guess its just a matter of opinion as opinions greatly differ for this years QB class. I would personally be chuffed with Mallet or Locker and at the end of the day we will only know if it was a good or bad pick when they start playing in the NFL.

But I still think that because of the uncertainty of the QB class in this years draft that we will go for someone in the FA market. My bet still being on Orton or possibly Kolb.
Old 10.01.2011, 01:15 PM
Team Captain

I'm still undecided on this one. I thought he was playing ok earlier this season and looking like he might finally turn into the player they thought they had drafted, but one to many childish tantrums i guess. BTW - he maybe 30-17 as a starter, but, he is under .500 against teams that were .500 or better.
Old 10.01.2011, 03:52 PM
All Pro

vikings favourites to get young
Old 10.01.2011, 05:53 PM
Rookie

Hmmm , Tigers don't change their stripes . This guy will be bad anywhere he goes . Teams should start going after Kevin Kolb , Titans , Panthers , 49'ers . He won't be around as a backup in Philly next year given the circumstances . It will be interesting to see how players get moved around this off season ..
Old 11.01.2011, 06:38 PM
All Pro

what odds gruden becomes browns coach and takes young that would give us four qbs ideally he normally likes 5 or 6 but its a start
Old 12.01.2011, 12:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev macca View Post
vikings favourites to get young
I agree
Old 12.01.2011, 03:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksy View Post
I thought Fasano was a good target at TE.. not seen you guys much this season.. is he not?
I can think of 25 or so pass catching TEs better than Fasano. FanMarino is being very kind calling him average to good

On topic Young has shown enough as a Titan, however sporadic his fine performances might have been that he can be a starter in the NFL. The problem is a 5 year old has great maturity than Vince