Why are the Dallas Cowboys so hated? - Page 3 - NFL UK Forums
NFL UK Mobile Logo

Go Back   NFL UK Forums > 32 NFL Teams > Dallas Cowboys

Sponsored Links

Old 25.08.2011, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mo Romo View Post
It does not matter how good or bad your lot is. I hate the stink pack more today than the day before. It is similar to the hatred the cowboys get from fans of the 31 other teams regardless of how crap they may be. And Romo is a life long Packers fan. Absolute scumbag.
Romo has taste and will lead you to a 10-6 record this season.

People hate your lot because of the ludicrous America's team label and the fact your owner is a very evil man. The past success does grate some people to be fair as well.
Sponsored Links
Old 25.08.2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titletown USA View Post
Romo has taste and will lead you to a 10-6 record this season.

People hate your lot because of the ludicrous America's team label and the fact your owner is a very evil man. The past success does grate some people to be fair as well.
I spit on the America's team thing. And the evil man as you call him made this team great in the early ninties and built them a new stadium. He has of course made a few mistakes and constantly makes one every day by remaining as GM. But not exactly an evil man. Well he did make a big mistake in giving that Romo guy a contract. That is by far his most negative move within the Cowboy organisation.
Old 25.08.2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Mo Romo View Post
I spit on the America's team thing. And the evil man as you call him made this team great in the early ninties and built them a new stadium. He has of course made a few mistakes and constantly makes one every day by remaining as GM. But not exactly an evil man. Well he did make a big mistake in giving that Romo guy a contract. That is by far his most negative move within the Cowboy organisation.
Why the Romo hate he isnt that bad, i mean he could be Eli or Beck!

He is number two in the division and as a pure passer number one!
Old 16.09.2011, 10:02 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesandmargie View Post
But why do so many teams hate Cowboys fans?

Bandwagon - a see the crowd was about 6,000 in 1st season then grew, but this cant be the reason .
My take on it is this:

One of the key reasons is that in the US at least, Cowboys fans can be found in nearly every city of the US in big numbers. Especially in the cities/states that don't have their own teams... From that point of view, they are the ManU equivalent in the NFL. Ever been to Old Trafford and see the "Somerset Reds" type banners? There's loads of those at Cowboys Stadium.

Another criticism, particularly when I read the UK forums is that they appear on tv a disproportionate amount of time. They routinely play games against the big television Market teams (read NFC East), so regularly feature on the prime time games. I guess it makes sense - TV companies want to feature the teams that will attract the biggest audiences so they can charge more for adverts etc.

Don't forget that Dallas are one of only two teams that play every year on Thanksgiving day, when more people watch football in the US than any other time of the year, excluding the Superbowl.

Additionally, they tend to play their home games at the late afternoon slot - 4:15 in the US/ 9ish in the UK so they tend to play at the same time as the West Coast teams (remembering that Dallas play in the NFC East, whilst being south/centrally based). As the Cowboys' rivals usually play earlier on, the Cowboys seem to have the spotlight all to themselves.

Like I say, that's my take on it. Of course there's the America's team bit and the historical success of the team over the years but I do think that there's more resentment than that...

From my point if view when I picked the Cowboys as an impressionable 6 year old whose old man introduced him to the sport, the logo and team colours were the reason for following the team. In the mid eighties they weren't a successful team after all! I certainly didn't complain as the dynasty period of the early/mid 90's kept my interest in the sport a great deal![/QUOTE]

Word for word this is exactly what I think. In every sport there is always a team that everybody loves to hate and Dallas really are the Manchester United of the NFL.

For the record, my reasons for following the Cowboys came back in the 80's when Channel 4 started showing NFL and the first game I saw was the Cowboys vs Redskins. I was hooked and liked the Cowboys despite a defeat that day (I think)